Do you take your own comb to the hairdresser's?

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Hi Ladies,

I am a bit concerned when I go for my retouches. My stylist uses a rat tail comb to comb through my NG when she puts the chemical on which is ok I guess. But then she combs through my hair to the ends with the same kind of comb after she's washed the chemical out. Loads of hair comes out as you can imagine. I am silently freaking out in the meantime:eek:. Do any of you experience this? Do you take your own comb to the salon and how do you broach the subject with your hairdresser any way? Or should I just ask her to use a wide tooth comb to comb it through after the wash out? Thanks in advance for the responses.

OrangeMoon

I've done it...matter of fact two weeks ago when I got my cornrows. The lady started using a small tooth Ace comb on my hair and pulled/yanked at my new growth. I politelty went into my purse and handed her my wide tooth comb. I don't know if she was upset or not and I didn't care considering I was paying her to do my hair but she did say something in her language. :look: But she still used the comb I gave her and I was very happy I stood up for myself afterwards.

Neroli

Haven't been to hairdresser in over a year now, but when I did go, I would take my own combs, magnetic rollers and products. LOL! Once I invested in seamless combs, and seamless rollers, I would take them and just explain it was a matter of hygene.:lachen:

Kalayani

I take 2 combs to the salon. A wide tooth and a rat tail, I give it to the stylist and tell her how to use them. Sometimes they try to refuse, but i will not allow her to roller set my hair without using my combs. I am paying her to perform a service and she will cater to my needs.

Jenai

When used to go to the hairdresser (cannot afford to now :p) I would take my own combs and explain that I'm way too tender headed for a fine tooth comb. :grin:

meaganita

Yep!:yep: I'll even bring my own deep conditioners so my stylist won't charge me for using hers. She's usually pretty good about combing my hair out. Although there has been a time or two when I felt like she was "man handling" miy hair. I'll say something though if I think things are getting out of hand. With other stylists, I've had to bring my own comb AND comb my own hair out.:ohwell:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Yep!:yep: I'll even bring my own deep conditioners so my stylist won't charge me for using hers. She's usually pretty good about combing my hair out. Although there has been a time or two when I felt like she was "man handling" miy hair. I'll say something though if I think things are getting out of hand. With other stylists, I've had to bring my own comb AND comb my own hair out.:ohwell:

Goodness! You had to comb your hair out too! Wow! I might have flipped then. I'll take a wide tooth comb when I go next month. I guess that's the best thing. thank you all

sunshinelady

Hecky yes, I go to walmart occasionally and I have issues about the lack of sanitation up in most salons. I take my own oil, combs, etc.