Do You Think The Jilbere Comb is REALLY Detangling???

MizaniMami

I asked this because I think it may be the cause of the extreme matting and knotting that I had. So I performed an experiment today.

I decided to detangle my hair (my flat ironed hair, since I was wearing it down) with my jilbere, then go over it again with my reg. comb. I found that the jilbere missed spots and my hair was hard to comb with my regular comb, even AFTER I combed it with my jilbere. Like I "missed some spots." I also did this for my wet hair tonight and once again there was the same issue. Maybe I should invest in a smaller tooth comb and go over my hair with the jilbere first (in the shower) and then detangle with a reg. comb?

Do you think the teeth of the comb is too far apart/soft to actually really detangle, which could have led to my matting/knots/tangles? I can imagine if it missed spots every wash, then the tangles will actually accumilate over time. I hope you ladies get what I am saying...

Angelicus

it's a shower-comb. It has large teeth so unfortunately it won't get through the nooks and crannies all the way.

Cichelle

I know what you mean. This is the reason I use a seamless comb with teeth closer together. I will fingercomb first, then use my comb to go through the hair well.

alexstin

I've been thinking about this as well. I don't think it's that great of a detangler. Maybe I should switch to using my bone comb.

MizaniMami said:
I asked this because I think it may be the cause of the extreme matting and knotting that I had. So I performed an experiment today.

I decided to detangle my hair (my flat ironed hair, since I was wearing it down) with my jilbere, then go over it again with my reg. comb. I found that the jilbere missed spots and my hair was hard to comb with my regular comb, even AFTER I combed it with my jilbere. Like I "missed some spots." I also did this for my wet hair tonight and once again there was the same issue. Maybe I should invest in a smaller tooth comb and go over my hair with the jilbere first (in the shower) and then detangle with a reg. comb?

Do you think the teeth of the comb is too far apart/soft to actually really detangle, which could have led to my matting/knots/tangles? I can imagine if it missed spots every wash, then the tangles will actually accumilate over time. I hope you ladies get what I am saying...

alexstin

I've seen this shower comb at Sally. I know someone with past waistlength hair recommended it.

inthepink

Allandra said:
Yeap. What anky said.

Ditto. It's to be gentle on your hair in the shower while wet. Once you are blowdrying or flatironing, you might switch to another comb. I actually leave my Jilbere in the shower b/c that is the only place where I use it. I have bone combs and seamless combs for everything else.

MizaniMami

For those of you who use the shower comb in the shower an danother comb to detangle which ones are you using?

Kimberly

hairlove said:
Ditto. It's to be gentle on your hair in the shower while wet. Once you are blowdrying or flatironing, you might switch to another comb. I actually leave my Jilbere in the shower b/c that is the only place where I use it. I have bone combs and seamless combs for everything else.

That's what I do, too. I did notice last night that it didn't do a very good job of detangling near my scalp but the teeth are very gentle on my fragile, wet hair. I'm trying to do low manipulation so I'm not combing it right now after I get out of the shower.

shunta

I dont like the Jilbere comb at all:mad: . It doesnt do a darn thing with detangling issues. So where can I get one of these seamless combs at cuz I dont want to order offline. I keep hearing everyone talking about how good the seamless combs are so now I want one.:D

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I use the Jilbere comb, but not the one that has the hook fofr the shower. The one I have has smaller teeth. I think it detangles pretty well, but I've only used it when my hair was loaded with conditioner.

kitchen_tician

anky said:
it's a shower-comb. It has large teeth so unfortunately it won't get through the nooks and crannies all the way.

ditto! I always use it in the shower first.

After I poo 'n con, I use my jilbere comb first, to do the major detangling. Then I follow with my denman brush to get the nook and crannies. :)

Radianthealth

[SIZE=+0]Jilbere de Paris Ceramic Styling Comb [/SIZE]
By: Jilbere de Paris

Sally Item #: 345861

Size: 8"
Ceramic styling comb with sectioning tooth. Ideal for styling, sectioning and detangling. Designed for any hair length. Ceramic Combs are durable, gentle and flexible. Smooth teeth won't catch or snag hair. Tames frizzies while smoothing and preventing static. Leaves a shiny finish to hair. Ceramic inhibits bacteria buildup for a clean and healthy result.
Smooth Teeth are gentle on hair and scalp, won't catch or snag hair
Anti-Static, smooth and tames hair
Heat and chemical resistant
Ceramic inhibits bacteria buildup for healthy hair and scalp
Durable, gentle and flexible
Ideal for a variety of hair needs

Usage Tips
Use wide tooth side for detangling wet hair. Combing hair when wet is less damaging then brushing wet hair.

This is the kind of comb I use for styling, this is the finest tooth comb that I use, I don't use a brush, I got mine from Sally's

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
You know what? I thought about this when I washed my hair yesterday. My hair is very fine-stranded and densely compacted. I had Lekair Cholesterol Plus in my hair and started using my Jilbere shower comb to detangle. It really wasn't detangling. It was just separating sections/clumps of my hair. So I put that down and got out my Goody Ouchless brush and it detangled like nobody's business!!!!!!!!! :yay:

Victorian

old head
I'm more of a finger detangler, but I do have a Jilbere shower comb and the smaller Jilbere rake comb (looks like the shower comb but smaller and without a hook). I use them to help get my hair smoothed out in one direction. When I get a knot, a comb can't really undo it anyway--I have to use my hands.

Ms_Twana

I definitely agree with what you're saying. I use my Jilbere comb in the shower and on wet hair as most others. I see a lot less hair in the tub, on the floor, and in the comb when I use this comb. I don't wear my hair down, but when I do flat iron to check length, I use my small toothed rat-tail comb to detangle the small sections before I flat-iron.

chayil0427

I have two of these combs and I love them....I find that after using them the smaller comb glides through...I think using the Kera Care detangling poo helps a lot however.

Chayil

snookes

No