Do You Use A Rinse Out Conditioner And If So When?

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Do you regularly use a rinse out conditioner ? At what step in your routine do you? If you dont, why?

I was doing some thinking and I realized in the past, I regularly used rinse out conditioners and now I dont.

I go straight to deep conditioning after rinsing my cleanser out. My hair was healthier back then but then again I also washed my hair every 3 days, I dont do that anymore because frankly Im lazy.

Revisiting some things and decided to see what yall are currently doing

Last edited:

Lita

Hmm.

what rinse out conditioners @lavaflow99 @Lita

curl Junkie curl assurance was my boo. Ordered some via Hattache.

@Bette Davis Eyes Hello! I like to use hello hydration,manuka honey con,long term con,Rucker roots detangle con & my favorite rinse out is honey I’m strong revitalisant con..

*I also use these same products,for cowashes with henna & other ayurvedic treatments

Happy Hair Growing!

Kiaray8

I always use a rinse out before deep conditioning. I find a lot of the deep conditioners I like to be very thick and I just want to make sure I am getting the full benefits of the products by detangling thoroughly with a rinse out. I don’t feel like I am able to do that when I skip that step. I tried it for a couple of months and I just felt my hair wasn’t detangled enough using DCs only.

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
Those that use a rinse out after shampooing, before DC what is the benefit?

Wondering if I should try this. I go straight from shampoo to DC. Only time I use a rinse out is to help rinse out a henna mask.

I've been doing so since forever. Don't know any other way. :oops: So I'm not sure how my hair would respond if I didn't.

Creature of habit.

ETA: Now that I think about it, after putting in the rinse out conditioner, that's when I detangle in the shower. So it probably helps me in that regard.

NaturalEnigma

I used to use rinse out conditioners when I was relaxed. I would use a Nexus conditioner that was so good. It made your hair soft and tangle free but they changed the formula and the product wasn’t as good. As a natural I wash my hair in twists and condition in twists so I don’t have the need for a rinse out conditioner.

k_enitan

I used to use rinse out conditioners when I was relaxed. I would use a Nexus conditioner that was so good. It made your hair soft and tangle free but they changed the formula and the product wasn’t as good. As a natural I wash my hair in twists and condition in twists so I don’t have the need for a rinse out conditioner.
If you are referring to the Nexxus conditioner in the grey bottle, I will forever mourn the change.

it was the perfect all in one for me - detangler, Rinse out, deep conditioner and leave-in. 10 years later, still no replacement.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I can have a bottle of rinse out for AGES. I haven’t bought rinse out since a generous member sent me around 15 bottles of Daily Defense Tender Apple yeeeeaaars ago. I’ll be so sad when it’s all gone. Anyway, I use it only for prepooing with oil to detangle before washing. On the rare occasion I cowash I’ll use it for that too. 99% of the time I wash then go straight to dc’ing.

KaciaLN12

I use a rinse-out conditioner to detangle every wash day. It’s just habit because I’m not very ingredient conscious and rinse-outs are so much more economical since I have a lot of long hair and use A LOT of conditioner to detangle. Now, where detangling falls in my routine varies. I detangle before shampoo now, but I used to do it after shampoo. If I need extra slip from a DC, I just add some of the rinse-out on top.

werenumber2

I can have a bottle of rinse out for AGES. I haven’t bought rinse out since a generous member sent me around 15 bottles of Daily Defense Tender Apple yeeeeaaars ago. I’ll be so sad when it’s all gone. Anyway, I use it only for prepooing with oil to detangle before washing. On the rare occasion I cowash I’ll use it for that too. 99% of the time I wash then go straight to dc’ing.

OMG you took me back with the Tender Apple conditioner. I remember asking my dad to drive me to National Wholesale Liquidators so I could buy up their inventory lol

Re the OP: I use a rinse out conditioner to detangle. I usually grab whatever cheap Tresemme, Suave, Garnier, etc conditioner that has good slip

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Lawd

I missed Curl Junkie and didn’t even realize it. I cowashed tonight with Oyin Ginger Mint then added the Curl Assurance to detangle and rinse out. Goodness gracious.

my hair felt like butter. I’m hommmmme baby!!!! I used to buy 6-7 bottles at a time. gotta figure out how imma stock up once this bottle is gone. Marsha need to come up off a sale soon.

The moisture. My hair felt soooooo good!!

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I use rinse out conditioners to cowash, in place of DC if I'm lazy or rushing, and after DC to help detangle. I use up more rinse out than deep conditioner.

If you are referring to the Nexxus conditioner in the grey bottle, I will forever mourn the change.

it was the perfect all in one for me - detangler, Rinse out, deep conditioner and leave-in. 10 years later, still no replacement.

I’m not sure. It was the Nexxus Humectruss Moisture Conditioner. I used it as a rinse out.

The Sally Beauty GVP is very much like the original Nexxus Humectress. The ingredient looks like what's on the newed packaging but to me, it's still the old formula.

NaturalEnigma

I use rinse out conditioners to cowash, in place of DC if I'm lazy or rushing, and after DC to help detangle. I use up more rinse out than deep conditioner.

The Sally Beauty GVP is very much like the original Nexxus Humectress. The ingredient looks like what's on the newed packaging but to me, it's still the old formula.

:eek: :clap: Thank you! Maybe I’ll be doing a final rinse out after all. Lol. I’m definitely going to try it out.

felic1

I use a rinse out after I deep condition. Then I use a sea breeze, essential oil and water mix before I go in braids. The rinse out was a cream formula. Shescentit sugar peach. I need extra goodness to protect my hair in the cornrows. It helped the comb out detangling process:meditate:

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
Mostly, I go straight to DC after shampooing too.

I use a RO in a couple of different ways:
-If a shampoo was particularly tangling for my hair, I’ll use a RO to help detangle before DCing
-If I don’t get enough slip from my DC, I’ll go behind it with a slippy RO
-If a RO is stripping for my hair, I’ll repurpose it as a cowash
-I follow up all non-shampoo washes with a RO and only DC if needed (which is rare with exception to clay washes, which I always DC after)
I have more DCs than shampoos and ROs combined lol