• Have not tried it

Votes: 31 24.0%
  • Did not see any results

Votes: 8 6.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I usually mix Honey w/ my ACV rinse to add had minimize the vinegar smell along with a drop or two of Rosemary oil.

I also mix it with mayo and eggs when I deep condition.

Oh my gosh, I didn't know you were a member here. I love your hair videos!! Your hair is beautiful!

adw425

I've read the same thing from various sources as well. To prevent the lightening effects from honey, many people microwave it for a few seconds and that usually distroys the lightening properties and it still maintains its moisturizing properties. I've never tried the molasses, but I've heard that it's just as effective.

I've read the same thing....

mochamadness

Going the Distance
Now that you mentioned the microwave technique, i remember i added honey to mix i did 2mths ago and it did make my hair softer after warming the mix. In fact my hair felt like butter, so i guess i just needed to tweak my methods. Thanks Mocha.

Btw you've got lucious looks, i need a hair buddy guide and big sister ike you. Will you be my big sister Mochamadness? puhlz pretty phulz

Aww thanks Sunshine Baby!! Of course I'll be your big sis!! Anything you need, feel free to ask I'm only a pm away sis :hug2:

wonderstar

Oh my gosh, I didn't know you were a member here. I love your hair videos!! Your hair is beautiful!

I've been trying so hard to not say that. I'm probably her biggest youtube stalker:blush:. Now I wanna get the Curlformer:drunk:.

I use honey in my hair as a pre-poo along with oils and mayo. It does make your hair lighter for sure. My hair colour was 1b in 2006 now it's #2.

dreysonsmommy2011

Honey makes a great humectant. I just got through mixing some(about 2tbsp) in my relaxer. I wanted to start texlaxing my hair and this worked like magic:grin:

LadyKaypnyc

I've been trying so hard to not say that. I'm probably her biggest youtube stalker:blush:. Now I wanna get the Curlformer:drunk:.

I use honey in my hair as a pre-poo along with oils and mayo. It does make your hair lighter for sure. My hair colour was 1b in 2006 now it's #2.

Lol, I was a LHCF stalker for a while, then I got the sudden urge to post, so I became a member, lol!:blush:

Tee

I use honey weekly and add to my deep conditioning concoctions. I have honeyquat, too, that I use when I do not feel like going downstairs to get the bottled honey out the cabinet. I also use the honeyquat in my daily moisture spritzes. It contributes to my hair's moisture retention and shine.

ITA. You and Pokahontas got me started on using honey. :yep:

Aggie

I use honey for consumption but I use Honeyquat that I bought from www.lotionscrafters.com and I add it to my DC and leave-ins. It is an awesome product that makes my hair extremely moisturized, soft and shiny.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Honey on my hair was whack. Mixed it with my DC and my hair was all stiff and not moisturized:ohwell:

Divine Inspiration

YES! I put a little honey in my DC mixes, and it's great for moisture and shine. My styles seem to last longer when I add honey to the mix. You only need a little...too much can be disastrous.

PinkPebbles

Ok Ladies...I tried the honey using it two different ways.

Last week, I mixed the honey with my conditioner and added EVOO and a bananna...I didn't like how my hair felt. I should have kept the banana out of the mix:perplexed. My 1st time operating as a "kitchen chemist". I will try it again without the bananna.

This past Friday I used the honey as a rinse. hot water and 1 tbsp of honey. After I rinsed out my DC I poured the mixture on my hair and did not rinse out. I immediately saw the sheen.:love3:. I will definitely incoporate the honey rinse into my regemin.

Thank you all for sharing differnet ways on how you incorporate honey into your regemin!

Last edited:

FocusLady

I love using honey. I use the Wal-Mart cheap brand. I dyed my hair blue-black, big mistake. It was too dark for me:wallbash:. So I started putting honey in a my leave in. I have notice that it is lighting my hair and giving me brown highlight. :grin: It also controls my frizz. However if you use to much it will make your hair sticky...lol

Last edited:
2 questions : approximately how much honey should you add to 8 oz. of water and will the mix last indefinitly or will it spoil (grow mold) after a week?

naturalgurl

2 questions : approximately how much honey should you add to 8 oz. of water and will the mix last indefinitly or will it spoil (grow mold) after a week?

My hair LOVES honey. I use 1 parts honey to 2 parts EVOO as my moisturizing condish. To answer your question cutenappygrl, here's a bump because I don't know what you're talking about. I think I need to go back and read about honey mixed with water...

silvergirl

i used it just yesterday for the first time. i tried it with olive oil. a honey olive oil rinse and it came out too dry for my taste. so today i omitted the olive oil and i saw a big improvement. my hair felt light, soft, moisturized, and shiny and i didnt have to use any additional product, which is a big plus for me. :)

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas

I usually eyeball mine and it's about 1 Tbs.(maybe a little less) to 10 oz. of warm water. It's great for extra curl definition and shine. I would mix up a new batch each time.....not sure if it would spoil. If refrigerated I wouldn't think that it would in a weeks time though.

PrincessScorpion

I usually eyeball mine and it's about 1 Tbs.(maybe a little less) to 10 oz. of warm water. It's great for extra curl definition and shine. I would mix up a new batch each time.....not sure if it would spoil. If refrigerated I wouldn't think that it would in a weeks time though.

Do you use regular water or distilled?