• Have not tried it

Votes: 31 24.0%
  • Did not see any results

Votes: 8 6.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PinkPebbles

Ladies-

I would like to know how do you use honey?
Do you mix it with your conditioners or mix it with water and use it as a rinse?
What are some of the benefits that the hair will receive by using honey?

BTW- I purchased some honeyquat from lotionscrafter and I don't know what to do with it. (PJ kicked in at the time of purchase).

TIA.

lunabelle

I use to add it to my conditioners but i didn't see much of a difference so I kind of fell off...maybe I should've stuck with it a little longer

JustKiya

I usually add honey to my deep conditioning mixes - it's a humectant, and I find that it leaves my hair smoother and softer and shinier - I really like it. Sometimes I'll add it to my henna in the summer, to further combat the drying potential....
I got the honeyquat too, and so far, I've just put it in my daily spritzer instead of glycerin....

adw425

I use honey weekly and add to my deep conditioning concoctions. I have honeyquat, too, that I use when I do not feel like going downstairs to get the bottled honey out the cabinet. I also use the honeyquat in my daily moisture spritzes. It contributes to my hair's moisture retention and shine.

bravenewgirl87

I use honey weekly and add to my deep conditioning concoctions. I have honeyquat, too, that I use when I do not feel like going downstairs to get the bottled honey out the cabinet. I also use the honeyquat in my daily moisture spritzes. It contributes to my hair's moisture retention and shine.

Ditto. Which reminds me.

PinkPebbles

Thanks for all of your replies!. So basically, honey adds mositure and shine to the hair strands...:grin:. Great!

It~Can~Grow

Yes, I use in my DC (biolage or Kenra MC) just about a tspn and for me it adds moisture to my hair and my hair seems softer.

Now, since I'm new to the hair game, I'm digging myself from years of neglect so any improvement is going to be a great improvement.

Soooo can't say for sure if it's the honey or the DCers :ohwell:

bella gee

honey also helps control/minimize frizz...especially during the summer months when the humidity makes my hair swell..

PinkPebbles

Yes, I use in my DC (biolage or Kenra MC) just about a tspn and for me it adds moisture to my hair and my hair seems softer.

Now, since I'm new to the hair game, I'm digging myself from years of neglect so any improvement is going to be a great improvement.

Soooo can't say for sure if it's the honey or the DCers :ohwell:

Your hair looks good:yep:!

Lady Esquire

I would like to know how do you use honey? Usually during the later weeks of my stretch, I mix it with coconut milk, oil, and condish. It helps soften my new growth.

Do you mix it with your conditioners or mix it with water and use it as a rinse? I use it as a prepoo, in the above concoction, and sit under dryer. This helps detangle through two textures of hair.

What are some of the benefits that the hair will receive by using honey? It is a humectant, and helps loosen the curl.

BTW- I purchased some honeyquat from lotionscrafter and I don't know what to do with it. (PJ kicked in at the time of purchase). I have been thinking about purchasing that, but my PJism has been under control these past few months. :lachen: I am not sure how I would use it either, my gut says similarly to honey. I am interested to see what the other ladies suggest.

PinkPebbles

I would like to know how do you use honey? Usually during the later weeks of my stretch, I mix it with coconut milk, oil, and condish. It helps soften my new growth.

Do you mix it with your conditioners or mix it with water and use it as a rinse? I use it as a prepoo, in the above concoction, and sit under dryer. This helps detangle through two textures of hair.

What are some of the benefits that the hair will receive by using honey? It is a humectant, and helps loosen the curl.

BTW- I purchased some honeyquat from lotionscrafter and I don't know what to do with it. (PJ kicked in at the time of purchase). I have been thinking about purchasing that, but my PJism has been under control these past few months. :lachen: I am not sure how I would use it either, my gut says similarly to honey. I am interested to see what the other ladies suggest.

I'm so looking forward to experimenting with this honey! I sure need it to loosen my curls in my relaxer stretch.

tt8

I use it to lay down my edges when I wear buns or phony-ponies.

Do you mix it with your conditioners or mix it with water and use it as a rinse?
Not technically, I put the condish on first then the honey and gently brush back with a baby brush and then tie it down until it dries a little and sets. Then I follow this by rubbing a dab of Jamaican Black castor oil over it for sheen.

I think I get the best of both worlds. My edges don't budge or revert and I am conditioning my hair at the same time. i think it has definitely helped me when I wear wigs as well cause my wig cap is not rubbing against my hair and causing breakage. The honey creates a lil barrier. Since i have started to do this I haven't had any breakage on my nape with wigs like I did in the past.

AsTheCurlzTurns

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I did read that use of honey in your hair over time, can lead to lightening your hair naturallly. That if you don't mind lightening, then use honey, but if you want your hair to stay dark to use molasses. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I could have sworn I read this on Macherieamour's site.:perplexed
Either way it goes, I don't mind the lightening, but I love honey and evoo mixed with my ORS as a DC.

mochamadness

Going the Distance
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I did read that use of honey in your hair over time, can lead to lightening your hair naturallly. That if you don't mind lightening, then use honey, but if you want your hair to stay dark to use molasses. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I could have sworn I read this on Macherieamour's site.:perplexed
Either way it goes, I don't mind the lightening, but I love honey and evoo mixed with my ORS as a DC.
I've read the same thing from various sources as well. To prevent the lightening effects from honey, many people microwave it for a few seconds and that usually distroys the lightening properties and it still maintains its moisturizing properties. I've never tried the molasses, but I've heard that it's just as effective.

PureSilver

I've never tried it - something about honey and stickieness and hair - makes me nervous:ohwell:.

Excellent point, now i know why my hair always feels like it does after using honey. I use it on my face tho and more recently i've taken on taking 1tbsp every 2/3 days on and off. I don't think my hair like honey.

PureSilver

I've read the same thing from various sources as well. To prevent the lightening effects from honey, many people microwave it for a few seconds and that usually distroys the lightening properties and it still maintains its moisturizing properties. I've never tried the molasses, but I've heard that it's just as effective.

Now that you mentioned the microwave technique, i remember i added honey to mix i did 2mths ago and it did make my hair softer after warming the mix. In fact my hair felt like butter, so i guess i just needed to tweak my methods. Thanks Mocha.

Btw you've got lucious looks, i need a hair buddy guide and big sister ike you. Will you be my big sister Mochamadness? puhlz pretty phulz

AsTheCurlzTurns

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I didn't even know that microwaving the honey would prevent it from lightening the hair. Thanks for the tip!:grin:

Isis

I love mixing honey with my henna/indigo/amla. It stretches it, making it easier to apply, very easy to rinse cleanly, and it adds the benefit of moisture. :)

onyxcabelo

Hmmmmm, ya'll have really got me considering this honey thing:perplexed. I've been resisting it - but you're really making it difficult:scratchch.

LadyKaypnyc

Ladies-

BTW- I purchased some honeyquat from lotionscrafter and I don't know what to do with it. (PJ kicked in at the time of purchase).

TIA.

I usually mix Honey w/ my ACV rinse to add had minimize the vinegar smell along with a drop or two of Rosemary oil.

I also mix it with mayo and eggs when I deep condition.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I do honey rinses for my wash n' go's. It really defines the curls and makes them shiny and frizz free. I just add a spoonfull of honey to about 2 cups of water and use it as my final rinse w/o rinsing it out.