Do you use the denman brush...

pureebony

every time you wash or cowash your hair? Or do you use a comb or the denman brush every time you wash or co wash?

I would like to know as I am wondering whether the no brushing method will work if I plan to co wash 3x a week and only detangle on wash day once a week.

Could you all help me out?

Thanks.

Choklatekiss79

I was using it once a week and then I stopped (as an experiment). I found that I had a LOT of tangles shed hairs left behind when I stopped using it. I've always been a heavy shedder, so I'm thinking of using it twice per week when I co wash.

Choklatekiss79

I say twice a week at the most. Just remember to either finger detangle really good or use a wide tooth comb beforehand. Be very gentle and patient. I think it will be fine. Just keep a close eye on the health of your hair. :yep:

MoMo

I cowash everyday and deep condition on the weekend. I detangle with my Denman on the day I deep condition and don't brush during the week.

I use it to detangle during my cowashes, usually 2x/week. I also use it when I DC. That's more often than a lot of people, but it works for me and I haven't had any problems.

JustKiya

I only cowash once a week, so I only use my denman once a week, too. When I do meddle with my hair in the middle of the week, I use just a wide tooth comb.

HERMOM

I COWASH DAILY, DEEP CONDITION TWICE A WEEK AND DETANGLE WITH THE DENMAN ONCE A WEEK. I USE A WIDE TOOTH COMB BEFORE I USE THE DENMAN. THAT IS THE ONLY TIME I COMB OR BRUSH MY HAIR ALL WEEK. JUST DO WHAT CHOKLATEKISS SAID- BE VERY GENTLE AND PATIENT

pureebony

Thanks so much ladies, I think I will finger detangle during the week when I co wash and then finger detangle and use the denman brush on my wash day.

Quick question to those of you who co wash and deep condition, is this not too much moisture for your air? how do you keep up with the protein balance if you cow wash and deep co so much.... cuz im thinking of doing it.

Thanks again ladies!!