Do you use "watery" leave-in and follow up with a "creamy" leave in?

SelahOco

This is a weird question so I wasn't sure how to search for it. I apologize in advance if this was discussed recently.

I'm tweeking my regi and recently purchased Karen's Body Beautiful's Hair Milk as my leave in. But I notice that alot of you ladies use a "watery" leave in like Infusium, etc.

If you're a watery leave-in user, do you follow up with a creamier leave in? Is this the reason why people make the distinction between leave-in and moisturizer?

Thanks in advance.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
For my Hair I "Prefer" a Creamy Leave-In. I Always use a Creamy Leave-In. I have not had any success with the Watery-based ones.:nono:

I have dense thick hair. And I feel the watery ones tend to Dry my Hair Out.

And since my hair is already dry, as a Leave-In Treatment, I prefer something uber moisturizing on my hair.:yep:

ceebee3

I use creamy leave ins after I wash, for daily use I use a spray moisturizer and If my hair is really dry or frizzy I'll use a cream moisturizer before bed.

LaidBak

I use Fermodyl 619 or Pantene light spray conditioner for my watery leave in (both watery). Then I follow up with a creamy moisturizer. Then I seal with oil.

LaidBak

For my Hair I "Prefer" a Creamy Leave-In. I Always use a Creamy Leave-In. I have not had any success with the Watery-based ones.:nono:

And since my hair is already dry, as a Leave-In Treatment, I prefer something uber moisturizing on my hair.:yep:

No success with the Fermodyl? You can always send it to me :grin:

RadiantBeauty

Same here! :yep:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
No success with the Fermodyl? You can always send it to me :grin:

Nooooo. I love it! You know....I did not consider that when I posted.:ohwell: It's not too watery. It's almost a sticky-watery consistency.

I really didn't consider it a leave in conditioner. I was looking at the Fermodyl moreso as a Leave-In "Treatment"!

Oh......it's definitely a keeper. I love it!:love2:

*fabulosity*

I use a spray/watery one; followed by creamy and then seal. Seems to be working for me.. hair doesn't feel weighed down or greasy.

La Colocha

I do both it depends on what im using, i will do a creamy leave in followed by castor oil. Or a watery leave in followed by a buttery moisturizer.

wheezy807

This is a weird question so I wasn't sure how to search for it. I apologize in advance if this was discussed recently.

I'm tweeking my regi and recently purchased Karen's Body Beautiful's Hair Milk as my leave in. But I notice that alot of you ladies use a "watery" leave in like Infusium, etc.

If you're a watery leave-in user, do you follow up with a creamier leave in? Is this the reason why people make the distinction between leave-in and moisturizer?

Thanks in advance.
I've used infusuim in the past and would follow up with NTM silk leave in. Weirdly, i would consider both of them "leave ins" and i would moisturize with something else.:look:

adw425

Yes, I use a liquid leave in followed by a creamy one and then I seal. This way works best for me if I want to retain moisture all through the next day.

newflowers

I use a liquid leave in (phytomist) followed by a creamy leave in (phyto7) followed by a few drops of camellia oil to seal. This is a perfect combination that my hair loves.

Muse

I use Fermodyl 619 or Pantene light spray conditioner for my watery leave in (both watery). Then I follow up with a creamy moisturizer. Then I seal with oil.

Same here! I use Fermodyl, then Kinky Curly Knot Today, then seal with Vatika. I use to do KCKT and Vatika alone but the Fermodyl makes all the difference. My hair now retains moisture.

Tarae

I prefer creamy leave-ins. The only watery leave-in I like (and use) is Fermodyl and I always follow that up with a creamy one.

HeShotMeBangBang

hmm great thread..
I use hair thickener by fantastix and then a watery leave in and after 5 days of doing that my hair is rough and dry....but now I think I'll start using all of the above and use a lotion too. bb oil moisturizer is a good hair lotion and it's cheap too.

Last edited:

Your Cheeziness

Creamy leave in all the way for me. I feel if I have to do both then neither one of them are for my hair. I use Giovanni Direct and seal with a little Fantasia serum on wash day. On dry days, I moisturize with Jane Carter Solution leave in and seal with either JCS serum or Nourish& Shine.

Luscious Locks

i use a watery leave-in daily. and i seal with a creamy--but not oily leave-in.

I DO NOT SEAL WITH OIL. It just doesn't work for my fine 4b/4a strands. Oil makes my hair hard and crunchy no matter what.

My hair is doing very well with this.

Luscious Locks

I use a liquid leave in (phytomist) followed by a creamy leave in (phyto7) followed by a few drops of camellia oil to seal. This is a perfect combination that my hair loves.

hey, newflowers. my hair has been loving the phytomist and phyto 9 combo. It's only been 4 days, but my hair feels great.

but like i said before. no oil for me.

kami11213

Yes, I use a watery leave in like Infusium or Aphogee Keratin Green Tea restructurizer and follow up with a creamy leave in like Redken smooth down butter or NTM

SelfStyled

On wash days I definitely do this. After I towel dry, I spray my hair with Aussie Hair Insurance and then I follow up with Sunsilk Captivating Curls which is creamy and I seal the moisture in with Sabino Moisture Block.

Jhuidah

I use a spray/watery one; followed by creamy and then seal. Seems to be working for me.. hair doesn't feel weighed down or greasy.

I do this, too. I spray diluted Greg Juice on, follow up with my creamy leave-in, then seal with oil. I've tried using one or the other, but my hair doesn't feel as moist as when I use both.

I have really thick hair and its super dry, I made my own "watery" leave in:
vitamin e pill, olive oil, tea tree oil, dark and lovely kid's detangler...=1/4
3/4= water
I'm gonna use different creams b/c my hair gets used to products too easily and I like that first time use feel...