Doctor Barred From Entering Her Gated Community By White Man Who Didn't Even Live There

UniquelyDivine

After living in a gated community for eight years, Doctor Nnenna Aguocha a white man who parked his car in the community’s entrance stopped her from entering.

On June 18, Aguocha was returning home after a late shift and was startled when a man she had never seen before barred the entrance to her community with his car. Fifteen minutes into the incident Aguocha pulled out her phone and recorded the exchange.

“Are you serious?” Aguocha asked the man as she walked up to his car. “Do you know what you are doing? You are racially profiling.”

The man, whose name is unknown, called the police on her, and so Aguocha did the same. When officers arrived, the man explained there had been recent robberies in the area with someone stealing air conditioning units. The community’s homeowners association, however, had not heard of any such incident.

“I absolutely think it was racially motivated,” Aguocha told 11Alive News. “When this altercation was going on, what went through my mind was this guy could do absolutely anything to me. He could shoot me dead on the spot because he was trying to protect the neighborhood, and the property and people would make up stories later.”

Aguocha used her gate entry code to prove to officers, and the man, she lived in the community.

The man told officers he owned property in the community, but his actual home was in Roswell.

When considering the current climate around false accusations against black people, Aguocha feels many are often ‘emboldened to act upon their biases.’

“[They] do whatever they want to do because there are no repercussions,” Aguocha said. “I know that things like this happen all the time, and I am not exempt like that, so I’m not surprised.”

Aguocha is now seeking legal action against the man.

Black Ambrosia

This isn’t directed to anyone in particular but it’s interesting how regardless of the situation we always find a way to blame the woman. She called the police but she didn’t do it soon enough so instead of focusing on his racist actions the focus is on what she did wrong. The reality is that most people don’t call the police when they encounter crazy. You don’t expect to be mistreated so you think it’s a misunderstanding. You think they’ll listen to reason. It’s only after things escalate that you realize you don’t have any other options. Also, her video will likely support the legal action against this guy and she probably wouldn’t have it if she called immediately.

Charmingchick1

This isn’t directed to anyone in particular but it’s interesting how regardless of the situation we always find a way to blame the woman. She called the police but she didn’t do it soon enough so instead of focusing on his racist actions the focus is on what she did wrong. The reality is that most people don’t call the police when they encounter crazy. You don’t expect to be mistreated so you think it’s a misunderstanding. You think they’ll listen to reason. It’s only after things escalate that you realize you don’t have any other options. Also, her video will likely support the legal action against this guy and she probably wouldn’t have it if she called immediately.

I agree. My first thought isn’t to immediately dial 911 either. Especially since the police aren’t exactly known for being on our side.

I am appalled, but not surprised. No words.

Black Ambrosia

I agree. My first thought isn’t to immediately dial 911 either. Especially since the police aren’t exactly known for being on our side.

I am appalled, but not surprised. No words.
Ditto. I think this every time I see a thread where people talk about turning the tables and calling the police in response to their fraudulent calls to the police when they encounter a black person existing. We know what they're going to think when they see black vs white. Its like that last scene in Get Out where the police car pulls up and the white woman gets cocky and the black guy looks desolate before they realize its the TSA guy. I'll call the police if I have to but I'm not going to assume from jump that its the best outcome.

Shula

Just wanted to say I appreciate this post and viewpoint. Point taken.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
@Black Ambrosia Great points! Thank you :clap:

I have to admit my first reaction was to wonder why she did not call the police right away? But my mindset wasn't to blame her, but rather for two reasons: 1) I get sick of peop!e feeling they have to over explain/justify themselves to the "almighty white" and 2) I feared for her safety in the presence of this arrogant lunatic.

I am sooo glad tbings worked out for her the way she thought to handle this situation and I hope he has to pay for his neonazi ignorant :censored:despicable actions.

LBoogie85

I get the point you're making and I agree, but I certainly was not blaming her. I just think it can be more dangerous to engage these emboldened fools than it would be to call the police. Also, I find it ridiculous for yt ppl to threaten to call the cops when they are in the wrong so I personally would beat them to the punch. I just get so annoyed by us trying to reason with and prove our humanity to trash. I can't imagine explaining myself to a stranger in my community, like who the :bleep: do you think you are?!!!

Also, she's in Atlanta, where a large portion of the cops are black, so I wouldn't particularly fear having the cops come out to handle this situation.

Last edited:

RossBoss

Keep in mind she was just getting off an overnight shift so she was probably tired and just wanted to see her bed and get him out of her face. How could someone look at this woman and see a person who is stealing a/c units? Like really? It would most likely be men doing stuff like that. He does need to be charged with something...she should definitely sue his behind.

FelaShrine

Why didn’t she just call police in the first minute of this all and save herself the stress? Also, she needs to show his face!

She's moronic for getting out of the car, anything could have happened. He could have shot her and claim he was "afraid" etc

All these women feeling the need to "explain ish". why? Ugh. Call the damn cops and let them do the jobs we pay them for. Tis all.

OhTall1

I would have called the police. I’m not standing around explaining myself to that man. I would have been in my car on the phone with dispatch tearfully describing how I was being threatened.
Exactly. All while the exchange was being recorded by the 911 operator and info was being communicated to the officers en route of a possible escalation.

nysister

All of this. I don't explain boo to white people that's not my job. And yes I will and have called the cops on them.

In no way is this blaming her. I hope that she has not a forgiving bone in her body and she makes his life miserable. I'm happy to help her in this endeavor.

I get the point you're making and I agree, but I certainly was not blaming her. I just think it can be more dangerous to engage these emboldened fools than it would be to call the police. Also, I find it ridiculous for yt ppl to threaten to call the cops when they are in the wrong so I personally would beat them to the punch. I just get so annoyed by us trying to reason with and prove our humanity to trash. I can't imagine explaining myself to a stranger in my community, like who the :bleep: do you think you are?!!!

Also, she's in Atlanta, where a large portion of the cops are black, so I wouldn't particularly fear having the cops come out to handle this situation.

Last edited:

Petal26

I would have called the police. I’m not standing around explaining myself to that man. I would have been in my car on the phone with dispatch tearfully describing how I was being threatened.
All of this. I don't explain boo to white people that's not my job. And yes I will and have called the cops on them.

In no way is this blaming her. I hope that she has not a forgiving bone in her body and she makes his life musermise. I'm happy to help her in this endeavor.

+1
I'm happy she's ok, but this could've ended badly.

I hope she sues this animal. She also needs to show his face. The world needs to see who he is and what he stands for.

ilong

God's Own
I agree with the posts that she shouldn't have gotten out of her car , called the cops immediately and videotaped ALL of it. With any luck this joker is employed and is terminated when his employers become aware of his antics.

Black attacks are getting REAL.

Yet another incident:
This white cop illegally detains daughter's black boyfriend ,abused his authority and threatened everyone in this video, including his own daughter and has the gall to contest his firing. His daughter should file charges against him for kidnapping or illegal detainment and the city should file charges against him for misuse of city property for personal benefit, failing to perform his duties by not responding to a dispatchers call to a road rage incident and tending to personal business while on duty.

Some police officers are abusing the leeway they are allowed in dealing with the public, to exhibit their dark sides, act on personal vendettas and cover up their wrongdoing. I don't believe this type of behavior just started. It's always existed, but had been a "his word against mine". However, bodycams, camera phones, traffic cams, commercial and residential cameras are shining the light on the wrong doing which has been perpetrated for centuries.

Last edited: