Does anyone apply vitamins topically to hair?

AFashionSlave

I know that many of us take vitamins & supplements internally for healthy hair growth. I was wondering what the effects of applying vitamins to the hair would be. For example: adding MSM powder or extra vitamin E oil to shampoo or conditioner.

Do any of you apply vitamins to your hair or scalp?
If so what were your results?

Tebby1017

My friend adds vitamin E, vitamin A and B complex to her hot oil/conditioner treatment. She says her hair is shinier because of it.

Tebby

Isis

I just bought some Aveda styling spray for shine that has vitamin E in it as well as essential oils.

melodee

I add a capsule or two of EPO to my EVOO hot oil treatments. My hair does seem to benefit from it!

AFashionSlave

[ QUOTE ]
ChocoKitty said:
I don't think MSM would work if applied topicallly. But that's my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that MSM would work either topically either.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
AFashionSlave said:
Do any of you apply vitamins to your hair or scalp?

[/ QUOTE ]
Only what's contained in my shampoos and conditioners.

BronzeBrown

I add several drops of pure vitamin e oil to my rosemary spritz, and I'm considering adding a low dosage vit B5 capsule to each new mix I make from now on. The vit B5 idea actually came yesterday after reading up on panthenol.

As for results with the vit-e, immediately after applying my rosemary spritz my hair feels so supple and for lack of a better word, smooth. I know that others have had success in using vit-e to encourage growth at their edges.

OnceUponAtime

AFashionSlave - I wanted to know that also. I've found a lot of different sites that promote MSM topically. Sulfur is part of every cell in the human body and MSM is nutural sulfur product and water soluable so, it supposedly absorbs into the skin easily.

There are tons of books and products (hair products, soap, pain ointments, and much more) on the net. Many of these sites are promoted by "doctors", but their credentials are not always listed or verifiable. I even found an MSM messege board, although I've never posted...just lurked

OUAT