Does Anyone Here Use Olaplex

SunkissedLife

basking in the sun
@Aggie

I recently got my hair colored - for the first time ever ! Gah ! - and I’m kinda terrified of damage. My stylist used Olaplex when dying ( no bleach just toner for a reddish brown) I def want to protect my hair and keep it healthy. I was thinking about getting no. 3 and maybe the shampoo n conditioner for maintenance
Would you recommend? Or think something like Joico for color hair or CRN or jus the regular deep conditioning is enough? I’ve never dyed my hair before aside from henna so any advice is appreciated

Aggie

@Aggie

I recently got my hair colored - for the first time ever ! Gah ! - and I’m kinda terrified of damage. My stylist used Olaplex when dying ( no bleach just toner for a reddish brown) I def want to protect my hair and keep it healthy. I was thinking about getting no. 3 and maybe the shampoo n conditioner for maintenance
Would you recommend? Or think something like Joico for color hair or CRN or jus the regular deep conditioning is enough? I’ve never dyed my hair before aside from henna so any advice is appreciated
@SunkissedLife
Get the #3, 4 and 5, you won't regret it. Also, you will need some other conditioner to protect your color when you are not treating it with the Olaplex. Joico does have a great product for color treated hair if you want to get it.

Remember you will still have to deep condition your hair in addition to using the Olaplex. Olaplex does not replace your usual deep conditioner treatment. It is used along with your usual treatment depending on your hair's need (whether protein or moisture) for added protection and preservation of your color and hair itself.

Properly assess and watch for what your hair needs the most based on how it feels and give it exactly that. If in doubt, ask us and we can direct further okay hon?

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I use the Sally's Ion version. I doubt it's as concentrated, but it 1) is a great treatment for restoring elasticity and strength during/after color 2) appears to have reverted some heat damage. a piece that was almost completely straight in the front from doing too much with the flatiron trying to blend with a weave now has some wave/curl to it.

it might be a nice route to try a less expensive version to see if you like it.
I used it again this week because my hair had a rough week, color and a blowout at a salon (swanging hair but no heat protectant, actually no products at all after a DC). It was looking rough but the treatment definitely restored my hair back to life