Does anyone know if I can do crochet braids on a beehive cornroll base....

fancypants007

I just got my hair cornrolled in a beehive because I thought I was going to be wearing my lacefront wig. Well the lacefront does not look good on me, so I want to do crochet braids. Can anybody let me know. Thanking you in advance

Katherina

Yeah, it works just fine. That's the style of braiding I used when I wore them. I liked it better than the straight back braids.

kbragg

Yeah, it works just fine. That's the style of braiding I used when I wore them. I liked it better than the straight back braids.

Do you mind sharing the method you used to add hair? For example I know when the ladies do it with the straight back braids they do 3 pieces of hair on the braids by the ears, then 6, then 8 etc and pack in tight the last three rows. I like the idea of the beehive because you can pull it back in a pony and the wind can blow without showing the cornrows on the sides.

Charlie555

I did it before. I didn't have a pattern for adding each piece of hair like they do with straight back braids. I just added a lil on each side until I reach the crown & filled it in.

LadyMacgyver

It's this one lady on you tube who did hers with hair already braided so it looked like she had micros.. Sorry I am at work or I would provide you the link.. She said the key to her not showing her part so she can wear her hair in an up do.. Is that she went downward with the needle when putting the hair on the cornrow.. She stated most people go upward when putting the hair into the cornrow.. Her hair was full I want to try that style hopefully one day...

She had her hair cornrow in 2 different sections in the front.. but the back part had a beehive..