Does anyone know of any products that contain "Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin"...

Mizani_Mrs

Does anyone know of any product that contains Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin protein? This is supposed to be the highest quality and most potent form of keratin. I was just wondering...i've never heard of it.
i just re-read a post from a while back listing the different types of protein...I will try to keep this in mind when my hair is in need of a particular effect such as moisture, pliability, strength, deep penetrating, elasticity etc etc...

HoneyDew

Joico products do.

One of my favorites (they discontinued it :() Joico Moisturizer did, but their new line does, as well.

The New Sunsilk Hydra TLC Masque and 24-7 cream has "Human Hair Keratin Amino Acids". I am nto sure about their other formulas.

HoneyDew

So it looks like the Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner is a comparable replacement for my beloved Joico Moisturizer Conditioner. I still have a liter that I swiped from Beauty First when they were clearing out for the new packaging. I have been using it very lightly because I love it so much. It makes my hair so soft.

Mizani_Mrs

DANG IT! Why'd i ask this question??? :wallbash: Now i am interested in JOICO. stupid me... I shoulda known better...:mad:

OneInAMillion

Dudley's DRC-28 Contains Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein. Not sure, just assuming that it's the same stuff. I consider it a heavy protein treatment, but is doesn't leave my hair hard or anything. I love it--stops breakage dead in it's tracks.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I have been seeing that new line in every market or store I go in that has a haircare aisle, and I was wonder if it may be any good, hmmmm.
HoneyDew said:
Joico products do.

One of my favorites (they discontinued it :() Joico Moisturizer did, but their new line does, as well.

The New Sunsilk Hydra TLC Masque and 24-7 cream has "Human Hair Keratin Amino Acids". I am nto sure about their other formulas.

Lusa

Mizani_Mrs said:
DANG IT! Why'd i ask this question??? :wallbash: Now i am interested in JOICO. stupid me... I shoulda known better...:mad:

hehehe, you should know better! Such questions will land you in trouble esp if you're a PJ.

If you're interested on July 15th Trade Secret is offering all JOICO products except K-Pak at 10% off. July 24, buy one get the second of same item at 50%. On Tuesday's you receive a 20% discount on purchases before 11am. ;)

Oh yeah, ABBA hair products also have Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin. I have not used the products personally but a friend of mine does, and she has nothing but good things to say

Last edited:

tuffCOOKiE

Redken Extreme Anti-Snap leave in treatment. Its a leave in conditioner I fell in love with. I detangles and moistens like no other (besides Salerm..)

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Yep, Joico is the only line I can think of with hydrolyzed human hair keratin. Some product lines come close with hydrolyzed hair keratin (but I assume it's not from human hair!)

LovelyLionessa

Sally's Proclaim Aloe Hot oil treatment is quite good. It has excellent ingriedients including hydrolyzed human hair keratin and it won't break the bank. It's often on sale for 99 cents and even when it's not on sale it's just over a buck.

HoneyDew

Lusa said:
If you're interested on July 15th Trade Secret is offering all JOICO products except K-Pak at 10% off. July 24, buy one get the second of same item at 50%. On Tuesday's you receive a 20% discount on purchases before 11am. ;)

:eek: :eek: :driver:

HoneyDew

tuffCOOKiE said:
Redken Extreme Anti-Snap leave in treatment. Its a leave in conditioner I fell in love with. I detangles and moistens like no other (besides Salerm..)

I got a sample of this from Beauty First. I did really like it!

HoneyDew

BeautifulWideEyes said:
I have been seeing that new line in every market or store I go in that has a haircare aisle, and I was wonder if it may be any good, hmmmm.

So far I like it. Let's see how my new growth likes it in a few weeks, though. :)

If you want to try, the Sunsilk site is giving samples. Also rite aid has them on sale for $2.99 and the display has coupons for $1 off the masque and 24-7 creams (they are leave-ins/moisturizers) so those would cost you only $1.99. Not bad for trying it out.

NaniDiamond

the MEGA-TEK is almost 100% hhhk, but be careful...it feels like a regular cond but like Aphoghee, it will snap your hair off if you don't put a moisturizing cond on immediately after using it...

Personally, I am going back to Aphoghee since I get faster results for MY hair...but MEGA-TEK works best for my daughter.

I thought Joico had different types of product based on the color of the packaging (like Redken); I've used all of the Joico K-Pak (keratin pak) line because it removes DHT and has hhhk.

the entire Aphoghee line has this in it...but for moisture, honestly the three cheapest routes to take and to get the FASTEST results for moisture is:
1. Porosity (at Sally's) will adjust the pH and your hair will be like silk!
2. Ion Moisturizing Solutions (at Sally's-the one in white bottle w/purple top)
3. Motions Moisture Plus (I dont' like anything else in their line, but this works)

Last edited:

Carisa

Dudley's DRC-28 Contains Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein. Not sure, just assuming that it's the same stuff. I consider it a heavy protein treatment, but is doesn't leave my hair hard or anything. I love it--stops breakage dead in it's tracks.

Good Lord- Oneinamillion! This product should work miracles, it cost more than almost all of my hair products put together lol!