Does Anyone Notice Slower Growth When They Don’t Consistently Work Out?

PlanetCybertron

its been about an entire month since I’ve trained at the gym.

Come the end of this year I will have been been consistently training for 5 years. I used to compete in powerlifting and a bit of Olympic lifting.

At the moment, before this long gym break I was doing what us iron heads call, “Powerbuilding” pretty much a mixture of powerlifting and bodybuilding.

I tore a tendon in my ankle, and had been out of work as well as the gym, and now that I’m back working I just haven’t felt that drive to be in the gym again.

But what I’ve noticed more than anything, is how the gym effects my hair. My growth is usually 1-1.1 inches every month. Right on time. My last measurement had me at .65 inches...roughly.

Needless to say my appetite has also been affected. Usually with training I need to fuel my workouts which calls for more food. Lately my appetite has been nonexistent, and while I’m at work I tend to not eat. I’ll eat breakfast, and eat when I get home around 10:30pm.

I feel like I haven’t been fueling my body, which in turn has caused changes to my hair.
I haven’t noticed increased shedding or anything.

Does anyone else notice this?

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
its been about an entire month since I’ve trained at the gym.

Come the end of this year I will have been been consistently training for 5 years. I used to compete in powerlifting and a bit of Olympic lifting.

At the moment, before this long gym break I was doing what us iron heads call, “Powerbuilding” pretty much a mixture of powerlifting and bodybuilding.

I tore a tendon in my ankle, and had been out of work as well as the gym, and now that I’m back working I just haven’t felt that drive to be in the gym again.

But what I’ve noticed more than anything, is how the gym effects my hair. My growth is usually 1-1.1 inches every month. Right on time. My last measurement had me at .65 inches...roughly.

Needless to say my appetite has also been affected. Usually with training I need to fuel my workouts which calls for more food. Lately my appetite has been nonexistent, and while I’m at work I tend to not eat. I’ll eat breakfast, and eat when I get home around 10:30pm.

I feel like I haven’t been fueling my body, which in turn has caused changes to my hair.
I haven’t noticed increased shedding or anything.

Does anyone else notice this?

Yes.

Exercise is a form of vasodilation: it makes the veins relax and take in nutrients and oxgen in the blood. This nutrient and oxygen rich blood provides great nourishment to the hair follicles. Also, that increased breathing from exercise brings in more oxygen and gets the blood circulating.