Does anyone own a hair steamer?

zora

I've heard that steamers are more beneficial then hood dryers to condition and color hair. Does anyone own one and if so, which brand is it?

Tracy

I don't have one of these at home - but I do go to a salon that uses them. The argument that they are better stems from the idea that the heat is "moist" as opposed to "dry".

I don't know if this is accurate. I don't see that my deep conditioning is any more beneficial with this appliance than with my heat cap or hooded dryer - but this was discussed on the last board. You may find info there. I do rememebr these were available for pusrchase online - but were upwards of $100. The brand used at the salon I go to is Wella - but I think that particular brand is only available to liscensed cosmetologists. Wella is a very elitist company in this regard..... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Tracy

Really Zora - are you 32 flavors and then some too? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Yes or No I think Alana's da bomb.....

zora

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Really Zora - are you 32 flavors and then some too?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m--m-m!

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
I'm kinda into the whole "hair-steaming" thing myself, but with a $1 shower cap I wear at night. Keeps heat and moisture in, all night.

I'd be interested in a hair steaming device. Let me know what you find out! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

SVT

posted by Honey Vibe
I'm kinda into the whole "hair-steaming" thing myself, but with a $1 shower cap I wear at night. Keeps heat and moisture in, all night.

[/ QUOTE ]

HoneyVibe, I do the shower cap thing too! Since late October, I've been doing conditioner washes/baking soda spritzes. At night and whenever I'm stuck at home, I've been wearing the disposable shower caps after applying some conditioner. What a difference! My hair is so soft and more manageable than I thought it could be. My pressed hair looks and feels better also.

Are you doing conditioner washes too? What about baking soda or lemon juice scalp cleansers?

pebbles

HoneyVibe, I do the shower cap thing too! Since late October, I've been doing conditioner washes/baking soda spritzes. At night and whenever I'm stuck at home, I've been wearing the disposable shower caps after applying some conditioner. What a difference! My hair is so soft and more manageable than I thought it could be.

[/ QUOTE ]

SVT,
That's excellent! I've been doing the plastic cap thing too and it does work wonderfully! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

When I have to go to the market or something like that, I wear my cap under my winter hat to protect my hair and I am absolutely loving it. My hair is so soft and there is a big difference. Winter is a tough time for my hair so this has been working great for me as well. /images/graemlins/smile.gif