DOES ATTITUDE AFFECT YOUR HAIR?

peacelove

How many of you believe that your attitude actually affects how your hair does? I was thinking about this the other day and started to realize this is not such a crazy idea. People can literally die of stress. So if your attitude and mental state about something can make you physically ill, then it can certainly affect what is growing out of your scalp. I have been convinced that my hair is not going to grow any more than it has. My hair was super short (think Halle Berry) about 2 years ago. Now the back is just past my shoulders. (The front is another story
mad.gif
) But I feel like I am stalling at this point and got frustrated and kinda over the whole thing. I got so concerned that it was never going to grow past this state that I considered cutting it. But I decided to let go of that attitude, and STOP WORRING about the actual hair growth. In fact, I am not even going to measure my hair anymore. I have decided to focus on keeping healthy physically (including the hair of course), use all the great tips on the board, and relax about it. I figured that if I do not obsess on my hair NOT growing, I will probably see the most success. I also figured what is the point of having these goals if the process involved stresses me and brings me down? So it's all about the positive for me now. I am changing that attitude!

I also wanted to take a moement to say thanks to all the ladies on this board, you all are a God send! This is such a nice forum to come to. I cannot begin to tell you how much education I have received about my hair from this board! Thanks!!
rosebud.gif

I believe it does. Someone on this board said "A watched pot never boils". That's the truth. Don't worry about hair growth. Just keep it healthy. As long as you're alive, your hair will grow...

[ QUOTE ]
Someone on this board said "A watched pot never boils". That's the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was me and I believe in this philosophy whole-heartedly. I never obsess over my hair, I do have a set goal length, but if I never make it then I'm ok with that. I'm a happy camper if it's healthy and has natural sheen.

Hi peacelove:
I know for a fact that your mental state can adversely affect your hair. My hair was completely ravaged by stress a few years ago, which lead me to search for solutions and that's how I found all of my new sisters here at LHCF. I believe I can achieve, and even exceed my former length and thickness, but I have learned to relax and let God show me how to do it. He said to cast all of our cares on Him, and he didn't say it was too trivial, vain, or unspiritual to include healthy hair in our prayers to Him. He hears all of our prayers, not just the ones that the world deems important, but EVERYTHING that concerns me, also concerns Him, Amen!.....didn't mean to get too preachy....

I agree... don't fuss over it & just let it do it's own thing.

I too had a short "Halle" style (think back to "Strictly Business") cuz I got tired of bs length. It seemed to take forever to grow out... i just stopped thinking about it & it grew back to bs before I knew it (then I cut it again, lol).

Crysdon, ur right on the money with that "a watched pot never boils"...

Back