Does their own braids and tips

Dido111

Who here does their own braids? Can anyone offer any tips on how one can do them. Also had the video
from the growafrohairlong.com site worked for any of you ladies. I am interested in doing my own cornrows next time.

fancypants007

The plait video from growafrohairlong.com is very good. Robin goes into detail about doing braids. I purchased her video last June and I did my own braids for the first time in July. I also purchased Dr. O's braid comb because I wanted my braids to be same weight and dimension. They turned out really nice. I will be doing my own braids again in another 2 weeks. Robin suggests to break up the day. I do 5 hours one day, and 5 hours the next. I thought that doing my own braids was going to be exhausting and overwhelming, but it turned out to be very theraputic, I enjoyed it. I like doing my own braids because I don't have to be worried about braiders pulling and tugging on my hair, also my braids are not tight. It's not really that hard to do. I follow Robin's methods of washing my braids and spraying hair strengthener and braid spray on daily. Nuf said. Hope this helps.

MSCHICHI

Fancy pants,

Can you tell me more about Dr. O's comb, I am not familiar with it. I also got Robin's video, and it was a great instructional, but I don't trust myself to put in the right amount of hair in each section, and am wondering if this would help.

fancypants007

Hi Mschichi,

The website for Dr. O's comb is www.braidcomb.com. They show on their website the two different methods to section hair and apply braids. You can also use the braidcomb to highlight your hair. It was $19.95 and it came with an instructional video. I used the method of putting my hair in four sections, and then I worked with each section separately. I thought you would be able to see the parts, but all the braids were perfect. Check out their website.

Dido111

I have seen combs like this- Dr. O's in Beauty supply stores. Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to buy these combs that have the sections like that at the beauty suppy?