Does your hair like "BAD" stuff??

mly3e

The comb is stuck.
Does your hair like \"BAD\" stuff??

SLS, Petroleum, Mineral....They are supposed to be "bad" for the hair/scalp, but did anyone have more success with their hair while using products that contained these things?

Was that shampoo with Sulphates your favorite?
Did hair grease with petroleum make your hair grow?
Did you use mineral oil for softness?

Or anything else you knew was "bad"? Like Pantenes Shampoo for Relaxed and Natural hair? I know a lot of ladies like it although it contains petroleum, and sulphates.

inthepink

Re: Does your hair like \"BAD\" stuff??

I used to use Pantene all the time but I've heard it's bad for your hair though I will probably still use it again in the future b/c I loved the way it made my hair feel. I know a lot of ladies here use Pantene, also.

My deep conditioners tend to contain mineral oil...

LABETT

My dandruff shampoo nizoral 2% prescription contains sle but I cant live without it because it's the only shampoo that control's my dandruff.

Tracy

My hair LOVES cones which are supposed to be bad.

SLS doesn't bother me either.

mly3e

The comb is stuck.

I stopped using Pantene because of the SLS's, but the smooth and sleek was my favorite shampoo and I realize that the R&N line has similar ingredients, but doesn't dry so much. I think its because of the petroleum
I will continue to use it though and see how that goes.

Leshia

My hair LOVES hair grease. I even sneak some on my scalp here and there. I swear my sulfur 8 is filling in my edges. *NODDING*

NAY007

i haven't really come across a product that my hair really hated...hmmmm i'm trying to think....well but what i do know is that a lot of ladies here absolutely hate pink oil moisturizer and my hair loves it.

soulchild

Cones make my hair feel nice, but I know I get build-up from them.

Allandra

My hair doesn't mind cones or sls. I also have a Dominican rinse that contains mineral oil (which I love).

keke

I use sulfur 8 and it DOES grow my hair. I'd say for certain women it doesn't go not for all.

soulchild

By "liking" bad stuff, some ingredients make my hair feel nice, but in the long run may cause some adverse effects. I use these ingredients sparingly. (Mineral oil, SLES, silicones)

Pookie25

My hair really liked the moisterizer Breakthru by Soft Sheen
then I discovered it had mineral oil in it and I think petrolatum too. I was heart broken.