What types of styles work best for your hair?

• Low-manip "out" styles

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • High-manip "out" styles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Low-manip "protective" styles

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • High-manip "protective" styles

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • My hair seems to be more resilient regardless

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • My hair seems to be more delicate regardless

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other/Depends on multiple factors

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

AmethystLily

Cynic on the outside; Dreamer on the inside
Or do you feel that your techniques and/or types of products you use are more important to your hair health?

fluffyforever

I voted for two categories- low manipulation protective styles and my hair is fragile regardless.

For my hair I need products to get and keep my hair moisturized and smooth and I need products definitely to try to strengthen my strands.

Technique is very important too because my hair breaks with every touch so I can’t comb it everyday or even every month. Fingers and hands are my best bet.

Neomorph

I chose 3, both low manipulation options and other as it depends on my hair length

When my hair is in the TWA stage up until SL it does best in low manip outstyles (basic wash and goes or non-slick backed puffs).
Past Shoulder Length my hair does best in low manip protective style (two strand twists, flat twists, or a bun). The occasional twist out is okay but I need to be careful with it. Past shoulder length, the sheer amount of shrinkage I get makes wash and goes not as viable an option.

Last edited:

oneastrocurlie

My hair is mostly in a wash and go so I picked low manipulation out styles.

I don't get "protective" styles to protect my hair though. I get braids, twists, etc because it's cute and I want switch it up from the wash and go look.

Britt

Being out, it needs to be able to be washed at least weekly.
I only like protective styles for vacation, my hair doesn't thrive from braids.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
My hair seems to be pretty resilient (so I voted for that), but I do make an effort to style in ways that will decrease tangling and maximize retention. I wash. 1-2x a week and style into quick protective styles like 6-8 twists, a single braid, or pinned up.