Doing a last minute 1-Month MoeGro Trial...

davisbr88

Yay! Thanks, ladies!
My first measure-in will be tomorrow, and I definitely seem to have visible new growth, so we'll see how it goes. I hope it's just not my braids unraveling from weekly washing... lol.
Either way, the mix is really refreshing on my scalp and I think I'll continue to use it while my hair is in braids until I run out of the ingredients.

ambs_0587

I've been using moegro oil for a couple of months now...but I use jojoba oil, horsetail tea, and aloe vera gel. I believe it worked really well for growth. I recently chopped all my hair off and will continue to use it. I'll try to document my growth.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Long Hair Care Forum App

SimJam

got my horseytail a soaking in jojoba oil (and sunflower, because I ran out of jojoba)

i heated on low heat for 2 hours in a double boiler and now its left out to cool and marinate.

I wanted to try so I oiled my scalp with it abt 2 hours ago, felt real nice putting the warm oil on my scalp

ladysaraii

OIled with the MoeGro Sunday night.

Def planning to go back into braids this weekend so I will be using Moe Gro more often. ineed to figure out a good way to apply it b/c when i do it right before bed, it would seep out and stain my pillow. I might have been a tad overhanded

davisbr88

Ugh...No, not yet...I did get my Nioxin though (off topic)! I'm still working on getting the ingredients...Are you being consistent?

Lol. Yeah, I got mine too! I am just staring at it now. Can't wait to try it next month! And yes, I have been applying it everyday since I started except once when I washed my hair and fell asleep and forgot.
:lol:

OIled with the MoeGro Sunday night.

Def planning to go back into braids this weekend so I will be using Moe Gro more often. ineed to figure out a good way to apply it b/c when i do it right before bed, it would seep out and stain my pillow. I might have been a tad overhanded

The same thing happened to me. I had to stop applying at night all together. I apply in the middle of the day now. If I remember, I'll do it right when I wake up. Since then, I haven't had any problems. But it's definitely more convenient applying to braids since there's easy access to your scalp. I don't think I'll do this while my hair is loose over the summer but I'm pretty sure I will pick it back up every time I wear braids.

davisbr88

Omg... so I just measured and I did it like 3 times so I hope I did it right but here are the updated measurements:

Bang: 6.75 (.25" increase)
Crown: 7.5 (.25" increase)
Nape: 7.5 (.5" increase)

So overall, it looks like I got a 1/4" in a week, and my nape is apparently on steroids (which is interesting, because that's where it seems to itch the most since I've been applying the oil - maybe there is something in the itchies)!
I'm hoping it's not just my braids playing tricks on me but I measured over and over and over again. An inch this month would be lovely! :)
Yay!

SimJam

I took pics last night but I looked straight convict so Imma try take some at work today

the front of my hair is 6.45 inches and the back is 5.5 inches.

ETA sorry front is 6.75

will add pics later

Attachments

• 6.75.JPG
    6.75.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 20
  • 5.5.JPG
    5.5.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

davisbr88

you could try to measure the new growth from the top of the braid ..... though some may be slippage.:ohwell:

hmmmm, I dunno

I measured from my scalp to the end of the coil of my braid.
But I was asking if taking pictures of it would be helpful. I didn't really think it would since they don't really LOOK longer, especially since the new growth is making them shrink a bit.

SimJam

oooooooh ok
I see, yes taking pictures of unstretched hair would be pointless (at least for me) if I were trying to verify 1 inch of growth

yep my hair looks like I have made no progress when its unstretched. I need to grow abt 3 inches to notice a change.

empressri

ive seen nettle work wonders. got my niece the nettle shampoo bar from chagrin valley cause she had patches from a weave or something i think...anyway she used it consistently and i cant believe how damn fast her hair grew back in and it was THICK!!!

transitioning?

Def ordering my herbs tonight. Thanx for reminding me that I wanted to try this

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

davisbr88

g.lo: I think it depends on the type of oil you use. Grapeseed absorbs really quickly so I apply it everyday, but some other oils that take longer to absorb wouldn't need to be used everyday. But in all honesty, it's all based upon your own preference. I'm just doing it everyday because I am only doing it for a month and want the full benefit.

g.lo

@g.lo: I think it depends on the type of oil you use. Grapeseed absorbs really quickly so I apply it everyday, but some other oils that take longer to absorb wouldn't need to be used everyday. But in all honesty, it's all based upon your own preference. I'm just doing it everyday because I am only doing it for a month and want the full benefit.

i did my mixture with a mix of jojoba and castor oil, i will use it only every other day as it is quite heavy.

davisbr88

I took my mini-braids down last night so I no longer have braids to go by, but I remember where the bang braid was, and it is currently 8" stretched (unbraided), so I will update based on that measurement from now on.
My braids actually ravaged my ends so I am sure I will have to cut off about 1-2", but I will wait until May to do so just so that I can finish out this trial and really know how much progress the oil gave me.

SimJam

Omg... so I just measured and I did it like 3 times so I hope I did it right but here are the updated measurements:

Bang: 6.75 (.25" increase)
Crown: 7.5 (.25" increase)
Nape: 7.5 (.5" increase)

So overall, it looks like I got a 1/4" in a week, and my nape is apparently on steroids (which is interesting, because that's where it seems to itch the most since I've been applying the oil - maybe there is something in the itchies)!
I'm hoping it's not just my braids playing tricks on me but I measured over and over and over again. An inch this month would be lovely! :)
Yay!

OMG Im here at work and decided to measure my hair

front is almost 7 inches (0.24 increase)
nape is still 5.5 inches, but my nape rides the short bus so thats expected:nono:

as you also did, I measured the front section over and over.

and I wish I had measured my crown becasue I get a bad case of the itchies in that area for a good hour or 2 after applying:spinning:

crown is 6 flat as of today:yep:

davisbr88

OMG! Congrats SimJam!
I am going to have to measure today after I did a cut last night. I'm wearing my hair straight today and tomorrow, so I won't be using it, which would make 4 days that I haven't used it in total, but after tomorrow (or even later tomorrow after the event is over, I will be back to using it.
I definitely plan to use this every single day until I run out of ingredients!

SimJam

tnx davisbr88 :grin:

I try to use every night or atleast 5 days for the week.
it absorbs almost completely so my scalp doesnt feel clogged or anything

davisbr88

I haven't been able to update because I chopped my hair and didn't remeasure because I was depressed...lol, but I just measured a piece in the nape and it's back at 7", so this oil must be doing something because I cut off a LOT. So I will go based on the nape piece and continue to update from now on.

Fhrizzball

I think I'll jump in on this since I keep lurking as is. I ordered some stinging nettle, rosemary, and horsetail tea leaves. I think I'll add some sublimed sulfur in with it as I need to actually try that stuff out as opposed to it just collecting dust. I'm going to mix mine with EVOO as that's all I have. For those that use EVOO how often do you find you need to reapply?

yodie

I just started using my mixture on Saturday, so no results to report as of yet. The oil is very light. It absorbs right in. I apply everyday.