Dominican Blowout - Hot Air Brush?

ak46

I need some advice from you ladies.
Next month I wanted to try to do a Dominican Blowout at home...since there are no Dominican salons near Sacramento, CA.

I was thinking of rollersetting my hair and then blowing it out with a roundbrush, like they do at the Dominican Salons. So I went to buy a roundbrush when I came across something called a hotbrush (I had never noticed them until now).

Do you ladies think it will be a good investment? And also does anyone know the difference between ionic and ceramic?
Here are the ones I'm thinking of:

IONIC:

• .75" natural boar and nylon bristle brush attachment
• 1000 watts of styling power
• Ions promote shiny, conditioned, healthy hair
• Cool tip and 6' swivel cord
• Includes Concentrator Attachment, Ceramic-Coated Thermal Brush, Nylon Bristle Brush

CERAMIC

• 1" and 1-1/2" barrels
• Hot air holes dry hair
• Ceramic distributes heat evenly
• Rotating barrels won't tangle hair

....SORRY SO LONG....

FlawedBeauty

it looks cool, the only thing i would be a bit concerned with is the Synthetic nylon boar bristle. i'd be afraid it would rip out my hair when compared to 100% boar bristle. if your hair is thick it would probably be alright but i have fine strands.

ak46

FlawedBeauty said:
it looks cool, the only thing i would be a bit concerned with is the Synthetic nylon boar bristle. i'd be afraid it would rip out my hair when compared to 100% boar bristle. if your hair is thick it would probably be alright but i have fine strands.

Thanks for the advice :)
I might look into just trying a regular round brush and a blowdryer first to see how that works. I definitely hate tangles and don't want to have to deal with them.

TeeKay21

I would try it. Have you ever tried to round brush with a hair dryer? it's not impossible but it is difficult to master. I like the sound of the brush and air bing in the same place. I was actually gonna buy one of these, but chickened out.

Cleve_gryl

I bought an ionic one earlier this year and it works great!! Its much easier than dealing with a roundbrush and blowdryer. Its just like using a curling iron except its blowing HOT air. I recommend it if you can find one at a reasonable price :up:

ak46

TeeKay21 said:
I would try it. Have you ever tried to round brush with a hair dryer? it's not impossible but it is difficult to master. I like the sound of the brush and air bing in the same place. I was actually gonna buy one of these, but chickened out.

Yeah, i can imagine how difficult it'll be....that's why I was kinda excited when I saw this. I'm going to do more research on it.

ak46

Cleve_gryl said:
I bought an ionic one earlier this year and it works great!! Its much easier than dealing with a roundbrush and blowdryer. Its just like using a curling iron except its blowing HOT air. I recommend it if you can find one at a reasonable price :up:

Thanks for your advice :grin: . I looked up some different ones on the internet and reading the descriptions, I realized some of them rotate and some don't. I'm thinking the rotating ones will tangle and the ones that don't rotate will not. Does yours rotate?

Cleve_gryl

ak46 said:
Thanks for your advice :grin: . I looked up some different ones on the internet and reading the descriptions, I realized some of them rotate and some don't. I'm thinking the rotating ones will tangle and the ones that don't rotate will not. Does yours rotate?

Anytime Ak :D. Mine has the hard plastic bristles...the brush like one scared me too!! No, it doesn't rotate, and I've never gotten tangled (knock on wood). Keep us posted if you get one, I'll be using mine on my roots tomorrow night :look:...oh, and I picked mine up at Sally's.

You know what? I was SOOOOOO thinking about getting one of these. I usually flatiron my roots and I get TIRED of it!!!!:mad:

Ok, I have calmed down...lol, but I was really thinking of investing in one of these, but one of those with the hard plastic bristles. I think the soft nylon bristles would cause more damage.

OT: AK you are from Sacramento??? Girl me too! My family still lives there on the south side. It's good to know that someone else is from Sac-Town!:grin: