Dominican Blowout

DivaD04

Ok I have to much time on my hands...I'm bored and not sleepy so I looked up how to do a dominican blowout technique and this is what I found...for those who own a pibbs or just have a hooded dryer...I hope you ladies would find this useful.

When you get a dominican blowout, your hair is first washed and conditioned (you may opt for a deep conditioner as well). Then, your hair is set on rollers and you are put under a hooded dryer. The hooded dryers at the salons normally don't take too long to dry your hair. After your hair is dry, the rollers are removed. Then, (here's the actual "blowout" method) the stylist uses a round brush and a handheld blowdryer w/concentrator nozzle to straighten the hair. The concentrator nozzle is very important as it directs the heat into the one specific area where you are pointing it. The brush is put on top of the section of hair at the roots and the hair is pulled taut while the blowdrier is placed on that one specific area. This is done from the root to the tip of the hair and the brush is placed on top of the hair first to smooth it, and then the brush is put under the section of hair and once the brush is at the tip, it is rolled under so the ends of the hair are slightly bent under. Oil, hair polisher, or gloss is only applied after the hair has been completely blowdried and is finished as applying oil before blow drying would cause hair to burn. Very little product is used during the blowout process which helps the hair maintain movement and bounce. When a dominican blowout is done correctly, the hair is smooth, shiny, bouncy, and feels very light weight.

KiniKakes

You nailed it, lady! :yep: Thats exactly what the Dominicans do at my salon, verbatim! Ive never attempted to try it myself at home because Im way too lazy.... but it sounds like you've got their technique down to a science! ;)