"Don't Be Bald"

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
\"Don\'t Be Bald\"

I found this while I was searching for an ingredient list for someone. My bss has two shelves full of this stuff!

From http://community-2.webtv.net/cyberministry/Articles/page3.html

ALABAMA

Minister Ran Baldness Cure Scam

Mobile church pastor Arthur Mallard, 63, was found guilty by a federal grand jury of 208 charges including bankruptcy fraud, money laundering, mail fraud, and tax evasion.

Mallard continues to sell "Baby Don't Be Bald" cream treatment that he claims is a cure for baldness.

According to federal prosecutors, Mallard's "blue-goo" is a useless cream with a petroleum base that has added fragrances and various dyes, such as house paint, for coloring.

Mallard earned more than $193,000 from Jan. '94-June '95 by selling his baldness cure cream and other shampoos and ointments in beauty supply stores in Houston, Mobile, Tampa, some cities in the Carolinas and various other locations, according to the prosecutions indictment. His product's were not approved by the Food and Drug Administration, as required by law. Source: The Birmingham News 11/3/95

H

HoneyRockette

Re: \"Don\'t Be Bald\"

Are Don't be Bald and Baby Don't Be Bald the same products though? I have also seen a product line called Don't B Bald. Are they all the same thing?

Crysdon

Trying to make a buck at the expense of others
. I hope no one lost hair because of this.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

I think they are the same. The labels are very similar and they are from the same company. If he's that scandalous, I'll bet he's just squirting the same thing into different jars...

House paint?
That is scary... And the products aren't cheap, either. 8 oz jars cost around $7 or $8. I never bought it because it was petroleum based and because I thought the name was stupid.

Drea84

I can't believe this!!! But wait then again I can because before joining hair forums I believed some of those "garunteed hair growth" greases.

Hmmm I wonder how they found him out?!? THey need to check all those other products too it would be nice to know whose for real and whose not.

Okay wait house paint?!?!?!?

Im done

Drea84

Ginn1

Please tell me I didn't use 2 jars of this junk on my little girls last year

karezone

It is still being sold at a Beauty Supply store in my town. I don't in there much because it is owned by Koreans and they follow me around the store, but I definetely saw it in there.

Nessa

Man I am mad I had used that junk on my head. I only used it two times cause my momma said it was smelling too much.