Don't cut it challenge

Lucia

This is a 6 month challenge starting in Nov 1 2014-May 30 2015 but you can sign up anytime between now and Nov 30

So I was inspired to start a personal challenge but I decided to open this to be a forum challenge. So to start if your hair is damaged then trim cut s&d it but once the challenge starts no more cutting no s&d no trims at all and there are no passes.

To join sign up below Whats your ultimate hair goal? (or if you just want to grow your hair out) How will you keep your hair healthy your reggie doc scalp care etc? What styles will you wear? I will post inspirational pics and videos at least 2 times a month maybe more

Ok here's the links to the ladies who inspired me Much more than beauty

http://youtu.be/PL1YBDzNhQA

http://youtu.be/6R6q0rSha6o

https://twitter.com/MMThanBeauty

Check out midnightcurls pics in this blogpost http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/2010/06/one-of-my-earlier-inspirations.html?m=1

image-972909893.jpg

http://iconosquare.com/tag/teamnoscissors

Last edited:

Lucia

Ok I will start I already did my s&d got that out of my system and now I'm ready for 6 months challenge
Whats your ultimate hair goal? (or if you just want to grow your hair out)

Hip to tailbone straight BSL curly

How will you keep your hair healthy your reggie do scalp care etc?

Weekly or bimonthly deep conditioning sessions under my hair steamer or heat cap every other night oils scalp massages basically doing my current reggie except for the trims that's out

What styles will you wear?

Protective styling buns braids etc I will keep wash n gos to a minimum

Last edited:

MsStella92

I want to join but I am not due for a trim until the end of November. I have a photo shoot 11/15 and didn't want to trim until after the shoot, can I still join if I don't cut again until my next trim in May?

Lucia

I want to join but I am not due for a trim until the end of November. I have a photo shoot 11/15 and didn't want to trim until after the shoot, can I still join if I don't cut again until my next trim in May?

MsStella92
sure if you trim then officially join After the 15

mrsroberson86

I will like to join.

My ultimate hair goal would be (toss up) full waist length or tailbone length.

How will you keep your hair healthy your reggie doc scalp care etc?
I will continue to wash and dc weekly. I will steam on wash days as well. Moisturize and seal faithfully.

Roller setting my hair will be one way I will try to keep my hair manageable during this 9 month stretch. Or I might just get box braids or senegalese twist. Idk

ckisland

I'll join you!! After my second BC, I aimed to not cut my hair for the next 6 years :look: . I was inspired by the Indian Youtuber in the second video!!! Her hair is absolutely amazing :drool: !!! It's amazing how good her hair looks after a lifetime of wear and tear. Maybe once I make it 6 years, I'll be brave enough to never cut my hair ever again :lol:.

Classic/ Booty length stretched; APL curly (yeah I'm dreaming :lachen:)

Right now I'm in the TWA phase, so it's going to just be a basic shampoo and conditioner regimen. I'm doing a 30 day daily shampoo and condish challenge at the moment :yep: .
When my hair gets longer, I'll be adding CO hot oil treatments weekly and washing every 3 days to once a week.

Wash n'gos
When I get a bit of length, I'll be throwing a few braid n'curls and braidouts in the mix.

Last edited:

BostonMaria

THanks for adding me! I need a trim and will try to do it before the deadline.

Whats your ultimate hair goal?
My hair is past waist length. If I cut it then I'll probably be around MBL so my goal would be past waist length again.

No more blow drying my hair!!! Rollersets through the winter and my hair up in a bun or ponytail. I will deep condition once a week and do oil treatments at least every 4-6 weeks.

I do like my hair down once in a while. In the fall/winter I will most likely wear it up in a ponytail.

Evolving78

I need to do this challenge, but this is the hardest challenge to date! 6 months!?!? I gotta think about this, but can this post hold my spot? I'm relaxed and I have fine hair.

BlaqBella

Count me in! I will trim before the 1st of November.

Ultimate hair goal: Midback length healthy hair

Keeping it healthy for 6mon. without cutting: DC 1x a week or 2 x a month, wearing braids and braidouts, twists/twistouts, using ayurvedic powders and oils, I think I will start adding hot oil treatments bi-weekly or at least once a month

Styles: wearing braids and braidouts, twists/twistouts, and straight hair and buns

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I'll join. I want to retain as much as possible.

Tailbone length

Deep condition often

Wash n goes, big braids or straightened

almond eyes

I want to join.

Waist Length. My hair is TWA right now though 2 inches.

Just continue to daily co wash and use my scurl.

Wash n goes

I do not plan on cutting my hair again. I feel that my hair routine is pretty good. I never have snags or splits so that means I am retaining length.

Best,
Almond Eyes

CrysMelis

HairCare Enthusiast

While I do just want my hair to grow out, I want to be Full APL. I'm just above it now, but below it when hair is pulled and stretched out. Plan to trim on Friday.

Supplements: Hairfinity
1x week poo wash
1x week co-wash
2x week DC
2x week M&S

Rollersets, buns and twist outs.

Duff

thanks for the tag.

I'm going natural again. so I'm in. I will big chop next spring/summer.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I want to join. I already trimmed my hair last month.

Whats your ultimate hair goal? (or if you just want to grow your hair out) Waist length

•co-wash 2x per week
•wash/DC 1x per week
•oil/ massage scalp every other day with light oil (I have fine hair)

What styles will you wear? Buns, wigs, two strand flat twists

Lucia

Put me on list please. Does this include dusting ends? Still growing back from last trim.

CurlyMoo
Yes dusting s&d razor cuts any form of cutting your hair is prohibited during this challenge
That's why I encourage everyone to trim the damage right before joining
Put them scissors away girl ! Lol

Lucia

I need to do this challenge, but this is the hardest challenge to date! 6 months!?!? I gotta think about this, but can this post hold my spot? I'm relaxed and I have fine hair.

shortdub78

Well I'm used to mega challenges I'm on HL TL challenge so 6 months is not that long and you can do this
relaxed hair shouldn't stop you in fact you could retain more growth cause this challenge focuses on being good to your hair but especially to those ends.
Make sure to look at the videos posted in original post. HHG

aharri23

I'll join, I got my hair cut in january and I haven't had it cut since

- Probably long enough to put into a nice bun, looks cool when playing sports

- I do the max hydration method 2x a week

- I only do wash and goes.

Evolving78

shortdub78 Well I'm used to mega challenges I'm on HL TL challenge so 6 months is not that long and you can do this relaxed hair shouldn't stop you in fact you could retain more growth cause this challenge focuses on being good to your hair but especially to those ends. Make sure to look at the videos posted in original post. HHG
I will try, but I'm known around here to be scissor happy. I'm a sucker for fresh ends.

Last edited:

Lucia

I want to join...buttttt, does no S&D mean that if you run across a SSK you can't cut it?
charmtreese

That's right no cutting at all no scissors at all no dusting no s&d just slap some conditioner or oil on it lol or you could just trim or s&d now before starting

It will be difficult at first for me as well but just ignore it and once the challenge is done you may not need to cut as much as you think. That's what I'm hoping I can fast off cutting when unnecessary. HHG btw way check out my blog post scissor happy stylists.

Last edited:

Evolving78

charmtreese That's right no cutting at all no scissors at all no dusting no s&d just slap some conditioner or oil on it lol or you could just trim or s&d now before starting It will be difficult at first for me as well but just ignore it and once the challenge is done you may not need to cut as much as you think. That's what I'm hoping I can fast off cutting when unnecessary. HHG btw way check out my blog post scissor happy stylists.
this challenge is cold blooded! Lol

Mz.MoMo5235

I'M IN GANGSTA!!!

My last cut was in Aug and I lost my rabid mind. Been depressed about my hair ever since!!!

Current goal is just to have a bun again :'(

Ultimate goal is Lucia siggy *sings Mariahs "someday"*

DC every other week. Poo wash when my scalp says so and cond. Leave in and seal. In between braids I will let my hair breath for about a week and do protein treatments.

I will be keeping my hair in box braids and senegalese twists (how do you pronouce that by the way?). In between braids I will let my hair breath for about a week and and do wng and one day... a bun!

Natural-K

Thanks for the tag. I'll join. My last cut was in July so I'll do some dusting before Nov 1st.

Full waist length curly

I'm not sure yet. I'm in a transitional point. As of last month I started using terressentials and Naptural85's shea butter mixes. I liked it but now I'm experimenting with this MHM. Yesterday was Day 1 and I'm on Day 2 step 1 as I type. I'm going to give it the 7 days and if I like it stick with it. If not I'll go back to using shea butter instead.

Wash and gos, braidouts, twist outs, buns, braids, and maybe "mini" twists if I feel up to it.

bronxsoloist

If we are being honest here, Classic Length :blush:

Keep it covered 99 percent of the time. Moisturize daily.

2 strand twists, or medium box braids (no added hair)

I haven't had my hair cut since my wife trimmed off most of the last of my colored ends October 2013. Yes I have minor split ends, but I keep my ends healthy and choose not to cut. For personal/spiritual reasons. My hair is apart of me, if not, it would not hurt when we plucked one. Just because we are cutting it lower down the shaft does not mean damage is not done. There are safer more meaningful ways to tame your ends. Burning is an option. A slight singe is safer than a cut. I can go longer than 6 months. I have intentions on singing my ends when I get around waist length, then again if it does get longer to start evening out my natural layers for a full length. Other than that I see no need to touch my hair with sharp objects #TeamNoScissors ride or die

Evolving78

I'm going to take it one month at a time!
My ultimate goal is WL
I will keep it protected and don't use heat. I will look into heavy sealing, but only on wash day. I wash and dc twice week.
I will wear buns, and twists under wigs.

Lucia

:yep: For clarification Lucia, we can't do "Notice & Destroys"? I'm too lazy for S&D's :look: However, when I notice something, I try to nip it in the bud.
MileHighDiva Notice and destroy? What's that ? I'm a little out of the loop :lol:
I know it's a hardcore challenge If you must trim do it before you start.

Last edited:

Aireen

I soooo want to join this but I don't know if I can hold out until May. I'll think about it though. Cheering you all on anyway!~