Don't cut it challenge

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Checking in. I had to do a small snip a couple of weeks ago due to breakage from my protective style. I don't know what happened, but the ends of one of my cornrows became so jacked I just couldn't take it anymore. Other than that, I haven't even looked for scissors.

Lucia

Ok ladies March is halfway through that means 6 weeks to the big finish.
How's everybody doing on this challenge ?

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Ok ladies March is halfway through that means 6 weeks to the big finish. How's everybody doing on this challenge ?

I put my hair in a bun to stop myself. I neeeed to retain some length this year. I'm trying to focus on that.

PlainJane

Checking in....
I had to check out a while back :look:
I got too curious during my transition and I'm sure it'll happen again

caliscurls

Ok ladies March is halfway through that means 6 weeks to the big finish. How's everybody doing on this challenge ?

Hanging in there! I'm confident I can make it to the finish line now. Lately I've been "doing the most" and enjoying my hair out quite a bit. After this week it's back to my protective styles on the regular for a bit.

Amarilles

I've been reading and watching the inspirational vids in here. :curtain:

No clue why I didn't join this challenge, I haven't cut/dusted since my BC in August. I did like Lucia's post in the new thread, would love to join you girls next round!

ckisland

It's been 1 year since my BC (March 14!!!! Woooo!!), and since my last cut! I straightened my hair last night, and found some strands that were rough because of ssks :/ . I need to work on that, but I'm still not cutting LOL!! 1 year down, 5 more to go LMBO!!!

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I have been very quiet for the last few months due to a combination of work and school. I'm dropping out of this challenge due to a much needed haircut I received last week. I was trying to transition, but the breakage and tangled just overwhelmed me. No matter how much conditioner I used to provide slip, my protein/ moisture balance routine, or finger detangled my hair; I just could not get any reprieve. My hair is so much better right now. I do miss the length, but it will grow back. I will look for this challenge again after June.

regina07

Ladies - I'm dropping out of this challenge, too. I cut 5-6" inches this past Tuesday, bringing my hair from mid-back to shoulder. My crown is a serious weak spot -- a short frizzy mop on top of my head. It didn't look good with my straight hair, and looked really bad with curls.

Rather than focus on length, I'm babying this section of my hair back to health or at least back to curly instead of frizz.

BillsBackerz67

It's been 1 year since my BC (March 14!!!! Woooo!!), and since my last cut! I straightened my hair last night, and found some strands that were rough because of ssks :/ . I need to work on that, but I'm still not cutting LOL!! 1 year down, 5 more to go LMBO!!!

This is why I can't join this challenge. If I go past 4-5 months without trimming my hair is FULL of knots. I'm not good at ignoring it they have to be cut lol.

Whimsy

Would someone please come to my house and restrain me please? I wanna cut these relaxed ends off so badly right now....

havilland

Would someone please come to my house and restrain me please? I wanna cut these relaxed ends off so badly right now....

Why don't u want to cut them? (I'm not saying you should...just wondering what your motivation is)

Remind yourself of your reasons why.

havilland

Hold on!!!!! Hold on!!!! Don't cut it motivation for the day.

Attachments

• image-1772844020.jpg
    image-1772844020.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 11

Lucia

Whimsy

hold it together the 2 textures can't be so bad that you're willing to set your progress back.
Btw how much time would it set you back growth wise if you did cut all the relaxed ends off? Consider that first