Don't cut it challenge

Lucia

Wow my hairs been acting up I think it's part the Shea moisture products it doesn't like and part weather changes I did a homemade moisture DC and it's coming back to life from being dry and frizzy.
I'm selling off the rest of the products I have left they're all practically full check the product swap section

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Wow my hairs been acting up I think it's part the Shea moisture products it doesn't like and part weather changes I did a homemade moisture DC and it's coming back to life from being dry and frizzy. I'm selling off the rest of the products I have left they're all practically full check the product swap section

I've been experimenting with products as of late and I'm experiencing the same dry frizzy effects. I'm going to wash my hair today and start over. I just combined all of the conditioners with some olive oil, so I can use it as a co-wash. I bought some Neem oil to add to it.

Lucia

I've been experimenting with products as of late and I'm experiencing the same dry frizzy effects. I'm going to wash my hair today and start over. I just combined all of the conditioners with some olive oil, so I can use it as a co-wash. I bought some Neem oil to add to it.

You too
I'm having a product staple dilemma I'm either going to stick with Aubrey's and doctor it up a bit to make it work, find something new which could set me back in my hair health and I don't want that or start mixing up my own which could be great but would be a little time consuming.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I want to trim so bad! I am waiting til June though.

It's gonna be hard not to trim when I wash my hair tomorrow. I'm telling y'all now.

Lucia

Role call ladies were in the last lap recap official finale updates in May :D

How's everyone doing?

What progress have you made ?
(Changes in hair health and thickness etc...)

What have you learned during this challenge?

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess

How's everyone doing? I AM INSANE...I WORRY ABOUT MY ENDS ALL THE TIME.

What progress have you made ? MY HAIR SEEMS THE SAME TO ME. WE WILL SEE WHEN I OFFICIALLY LENGTH CHECK IN JUNE.

What have you learned during this challenge? I'M OFFICIALLY OBSESSED WITH TRIMMING MY ENDS. I NEED TO SET DEADLINES AND STICK TO THEM. THAT'S THE ONLY WAY TO KEEP THE SCISSORS OUT OF MY HEAD.

caliscurls

How's everyone doing?

Hanging in strong and feel much more comfortable about waiting to trim in May/June.

I haven't retained much length but that's because I was over manipulating my hair Q1 and didn't consider changing up products for the styles. Lesson learned! Q2 - I got this!

This has been a great experience. I've learned that my hair actually isn't prone to splits. It needs gentle handling, loves Aloe Vera juice, and may actually be able to handle getting trimmed only once or twice a year. Even though I've had a small setback I'm excited about the length to be retained for the remaining of the year.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Been doing okay. I can tell I gained some length, even though it's hard to tell with my shrinkage. My ends feel a little dry but I think it's because I clarified and did a protein treatment.

yamilee21

I attempted to blowdry my hair for Easter - first time since I got a Maxiglide in 2009. Ever since I bought it, for my 1-3 times per year straightening, I air dry in 10-12 twists overnight and then Maxiglide each half of the twists. But I didn't have time for air-drying, so I spent about two hours blow drying on "low" instead. However, I am all out of Sabino Moisture Block, so my hair looked as if I had done absolutely nothing to it by the time I got out of church. :mad: The good news is that my ends did not look so bad, and there were only 5 "must cut-now" split ends that I was unable to resist snipping. I expected to have split ends galore because I have not been S&Ding with this challenge, and I was pleasantly surprised. Hopefully most of you will also be pleasantly surprised by your ends when this challenge is over. :)

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density

How's everyone doing?

I'm doing well, thanks! My hair is starting to thicken up and it's growing in nicely after the layered cut I received last month. I learned that I should never hold on to damaged hair. I should have cut what was necessary before the challenge started. I can't wait for the new challenge to kick off! I'm going to make it this time!

Lucia

I attempted to blowdry my hair for Easter - first time since I got a Maxiglide in 2009. Ever since I bought it, for my 1-3 times per year straightening, I air dry in 10-12 twists overnight and then Maxiglide each half of the twists. But I didn't have time for air-drying, so I spent about two hours blow drying on "low" instead. However, I am all out of Sabino Moisture Block, so my hair looked as if I had done absolutely nothing to it by the time I got out of church. :mad: The good news is that my ends did not look so bad, and there were only 5 "must cut-now" split ends that I was unable to resist snipping. I expected to have split ends galore because I have not been S&Ding with this challenge, and I was pleasantly surprised. Hopefully most of you will also be pleasantly surprised by your ends when this challenge is over. :)

Awww my maxi glide broke when I was traveling, I do have a small "'regular" sized iron that's not going to cut it and I don't feel motivated to even try to tackle my hair with it.

Lucia

Still havent cut. I dont even know where my sheers are. I want to get a weave but I'm so lazy!!!!

@Mz.MoMo5235
LOL
Get a wig instead just moisturize oil and protective style your hair under and wear that wig out easy every night you can keep track of your real hair
imo better than a weave cause a weave you have to take down etc a wig just Put on and take off done.

Lucia

Ok ladies this challenge is officially over this month and the grow it long challenge is officially starting. So get your s and d trims in now because you only get so many passes on this new challenge.

Anyone who hasn't checked in please do so. Let us know what you learned any gains losses regimen changes etc.

Lucia

Ok ladies this challenge is officially over this month and the grow it long challenge is officially starting. So get your s and d trims in now because you only get so many passes on this new challenge.

Anyone who hasn't checked in please do so. Let us know what you learned any gains losses regimen changes etc.

Ok so I was kind of shocked :shocked:
I went through my entire head of hair and actually looked for splits and knots. Honestly I didn't really find anymore than usual actually I found less than when I used to s and d every 3 months regardless. I was expecting more I guess but since I mostly PS and didn't straiten or use heat tools this whole challenge maybe this whole year my hair is healthy. I could count the splits max 5 (they were at the ends and had not travelled up the shaft at all ) and only a few serious single strand knots that had to be cut. Today I'm going to check again but I'm sure I got them all surprise this no cutting thing works.

I think that because I knew I wasn't cutting I was more careful with my hair especially on wash days and I really gave my hair tlc esp the ends.
Ive seen some progress in thickness and length my wash and go is

Hold up wait for it .......

Passing my shoulders with shrinkage. That's a milestone right there. :woot:
Now all I have to do is keep the train running on the tracks and I can make my next milestone apl/bsl. :clap:

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

Well the hair I can see doesnt have splits or frays or knots. But I believe I have some breakage going on the right side of my hair in just one sections (possibly from wearing my hair in a pony all the time as the breakage is around where my hair tie is) but since there isnt any split end on that section I really dont know.

I do not plan to trim, s&d or anything at this time. Just going to let my hair be and maybe up the moisture and protein

Lucia

Ok I was finally able to update my avatar and upload a pic, so this avatar today 5/1/15 is from last week curly ponytail. I see the progress when i compare my previous avatar pic with this one. I also updated my fotki I had technical difficulties with my computer.
If you haven't already please do your final updates then check out the new phase of this challenge grow it long challenge 2015-2016
lets go #teamgrowitlong
also for my ladies on twitter use this hashtag spread the word.

Lucia

All new posts should go on the grow it long challenge
Next phase of this challenge which is now closed
Join us there HHG