Don't Sleep On: COLD WATER WASHES!

chayil0427

Ladies

I washed my hair tonight and the hot water was running out. By the time I got done with my deep condition and was ready to rinse the water was so cold that I just stuck my head under the stream to avoid getting my entire body covered in icy water.

Well at first I was annoyed, but after drying my hair it was SO super soft and silky. It felt amaizing! I've read how cold water rinses can seal the cuticle and trap a few molecules of conditioner under the cuticle and its really true!

You definately wanna get with this. Rinse ur shampoo with warm/tempid water to open the cuticle then rinse your conditioner with cold water and relish the results!:lick:

Chayil

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I'm glad you found out about even if by accident. My styist told me about this years ago and has always told me to brace up for my final rinse.

Cien

Pink is my signature color
My stylist always does this at the salon--and my hair comes out looking really good!

However, I tried the cold water rinse yesterday after my wash in the shower, and about froze to death!!!!
I was literally catching my breath and shivering everytime that water touched my skin!!
The things we do for our hair.....:drunk:

gabulldawg

My stylist turned me on to this as well. She does it every time I go to her. I also do it at home, but only on wash days, not when I cowash. I really hate being cold and wet!! :blush: So I actually leave the conditioner in my hair while I do the rest of my business in the shower and wait until I'm JUST about to get out of the shower before I do the cold water rinses.

eyunka

I used to do this but never really paid attention the benefits it gave so. I guess i will go back to this since you guys are all raving about it....at least now i know what to look for.

LABETT

I do my final cold water rinse with distilled water and get better results.
My hair and newgrowth feels more soft and silkier.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
My stylist always does this at the salon--and my hair comes out looking really good!

However, I tried the cold water rinse yesterday after my wash in the shower, and about froze to death!!!!
I was literally catching my breath and shivering everytime that water touched my skin!!
The things we do for our hair.....:drunk:

That right there is the reason why I rinse with my head hanging over the side of the tub. :eek: EMJazzy don't do cold showers. :naughty: :nono:

pazyamor

I've been using cold water to rinse my conditioner out and ice cold water to rinse my face forever and let me tell you, it makes the hair soft and your face like a beautiful, blank, smooth canvas. The sealed cuticle and shaft of your hair is protected from everyday harm, including a bit of protection for those of us who still use heat on out hair. And the cold water on your face just make that much of a difference...try it ladies! It will be cold (Brr!:freezing:) but it's worth it!

alundra

Addicted to jdramas
I must agree this is a great! I tried it last month and just again last Saturday. My hair felt great and air dried straight.

ShaniKeys

Normally I rinse my conditioner with cold water, but today we ran out of hot water so I had no choice, I really couldn't go another day with this flaky scalp of mine:nono:. So I washed my hair with icy cold water (I couldn't feel my scalp or fingers anymore:blush:) and rinsed my conditioner out with icy cold water too afterwards. It wasn't a pleasant experience:sad: From now on I'll just wash my hair when I'm sure there's still warm water.

I actually do ice cold water rinses. I've been doing this for about 15 years. The cold water seals the cuticle after a deep condition. I'm not sure if you noticed, but the cold water gives your hair alot of shine.

Ladies

I washed my hair tonight and the hot water was running out. By the time I got done with my deep condition and was ready to rinse the water was so cold that I just stuck my head under the stream to avoid getting my entire body covered in icy water.

Well at first I was annoyed, but after drying my hair it was SO super soft and silky. It felt amaizing! I've read how cold water rinses can seal the cuticle and trap a few molecules of conditioner under the cuticle and its really true!

You definately wanna get with this. Rinse ur shampoo with warm/tempid water to open the cuticle then rinse your conditioner with cold water and relish the results!:lick:

Chayil

Denise11

Cool water is good enough for me, and it works the same as cold rinse. I use to do both. Winter in Chicago is too cold to be doing that.

Odd One

lol my mommy used to do that when i was little.. and i HATED her for that (brrr!!) but now that people on here said it was great imma be embracing the coldness haha!

Dee Raven

I started washing my hair with cold water once I started using ayurveda, (they recommend washing the head with cold water because that is where the heat leaves your body) and I've really like it as well. You would think that you're head would get really cold, but you actually can feel the warmth coming from your scalp.

newflowers

In the summer, it's easy to do this; in the winter, even here in So Cal, it's hard. The only way I can make it work is to take an extra long shower, and when the water is starting to cool down (after I've lower the cold water to nothing), I have to have a cool rinse. It's a good thing, but it's so hard for me to do.