Don't sleep on oil-rinses!

Aggie

Today I exfoliated my scalp with Nioxin Scalp Renew

Shampooed with Redken Time Rest Shampoo (this shampoo has exfoliating properties in it) I felt a really good tingle on my scalp with these first two products.

I used semi permanent color in black for gray hair for the first time. I will see how well this works.

I will be oil rinsing with a coconut oil/aloe vera juice combo.

Deep conditioning with Shea Moisture Anti Breakage Strengthening Masque followed with Kerastase Chroma Riche Masque for moisture.

Leave in - Aunt Jackie's Quench

Moisturizing with CRN Aloe Whipped Butter gel and sealing with some natural butter/oil combo.

Last edited:

Aggie

I oil rinsed this morning with a (hot oil) blend of oils - pumpkin seed oil, wheat germ oil, and extra virgin olive oil mixed in with a little aloe vera juice.

NaturalShe94

Hmm. Im glad this thread was bumped. I have to try this. My hair has become harder to detangle since it has gotten longer and Im a finger detangler. It has even made me consider starting to use the comb again, and I havent used a comb or detangling brush in my hair in about a year and a half now. I must try this on my next wash day.

faithVA

My mom had a bunch of massage oils and small bottles of oil. I mixed them all together with some safflower oil and have been using that. I have a whole jar of ghee I will probably never cook with. I will use that up next.

faithVA

I'm back to oil rinsing. I plan to do it every other day and maybe every day during the weekend. I tried it earlier last year but only once a week. I still haven't tried the ghee but getting to the end of the oil I had.