Don't sleep on oil-rinses!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
So, today I am doing an Oil Soak with Mustard Seed. Will Cleanse this out in a few.

Will also use Rice Bran Oil with my DC'er today.

I found my Red Palm Oil. For Some skrange reason I always hide the funky Oils from myself.:lachen:

I am determined to use them up tho' and this is the perfect way to get rid of them.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I ended up using Babbasu Oil on top of my DC'er.

I had bought this recently and was surprised to see it is almost like Coconut Oil (a Solid).

However, it is much more solid and it doesn't emulsify down as quickly as Coconut Oil and takes more work to do that.

Once I finish this up, I won't repurchase.

Oh, the good thing about it, is it doesn't really have a smell.

traceedeebee

@traceedeebee

I would consider both Medium weight. Not as Heavy as Castor but not as light as Grapeseed. (If that makes sense)?
It actually makes perfect sense :afropick: Safflower oil turned out to be on the lighter side. I can use more medium weight oils. I don't really need to mix when I use them. I also like to keep them in stock all year round. Castor oil or JBCO get used heavily in the winter. Any other time, I'm diluting it with apricot, sesame, or grape seed oils. I love oils. There have not been many my hair or skin don't like.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
It actually makes perfect sense :afropick: Safflower oil turned out to be on the lighter side. I can use more medium weight oils. I don't really need to mix when I use them. I also like to keep them in stock all year round. Castor oil or JBCO get used heavily in the winter. Any other time, I'm diluting it with apricot, sesame, or grape seed oils. I love oils. There have not been many my hair or skin don't like.

@traceedeebee

You should come join us in the 2016 Oil Challenge! :poke" (Whenever I get it up)

We would love to have you. I'll see you a mention.

traceedeebee

I was a little worried because I left my 2 minute protein treatment on too long while I made a 2 ingredients pumpkin cake :confused: My hair was hard while rinsing the protein out which it normally isn't. After I rinsed the protein out, I oil rinsed. I let it sit while I showered and my hair was soft again. Everything is right with my hair world now. :blush:
Note to self: Don't look up recipes on Pinterest when I'm protein treating my hair. I can't focus on two things at once.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@traceedeebee

Glad you got things back on track.

I had a bottle of Pure Red Palm Oil. I cut it out of the bottle and put it in a Jar.

I'm still trying to figure out how they got it in a bottle, because it is sort of thick and was very hard to get out.

I'll probably use it next Wash Day. I like it, but it stains (towels etc...) so you have to be careful with it.

traceedeebee

@traceedeebee

Glad you got things back on track.

I had a bottle of Pure Red Palm Oil. I cut it out of the bottle and put it in a Jar.

I'm still trying to figure out how they got it in a bottle, because it is sort of thick and was very hard to get out.

I'll probably use it next Wash Day. I like it, but it stains (towels etc...) so you have to be careful with it.
This is probably a dumb question. Is red palm oil a liquid or solid oil? I haven't run across that one.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Used EVCO as a Pre-Oil Rinse to 'loosen things up"

Will use Red Palm on top of my DC'er to Steam with.

Will use Rice Bran with my Leave-in and maybe as a Final Rinse.

My Wheat Germ and Flaxseed Oils came yesterday. So I have some new oils to rinse in.

AgeinATL

@AgeinATL

I used Wheat Germ a recommendation from @divachyk @Beamodel and it worked well.:yep:

Next Wash Day, I will use it at the beginning of my Wash.

Today, I used it on top of my DC'er to Steam with. (It was a little too heavy for me that way) but I think it will work great as a Pre-Rinse.:up:

I thought about trying WGO. I think I actually have some lying around. Will try it for my next wash. Thanks T!