Don't sleep on Wild Growth Hair oil...

Kinkyhairlady

Ok I have been using this product for years mainly for blowdrying my hair. I never paid much attention to it and figured it was good at softening my new growth so I stuck with it. This past year I started applying the oil to my scalp before I got it rebraided and would put it on once or twice while in braids. I started noticing a growth spurt a few months ago but I did not think much of it. Over the weekend I took my braids out and washed, my hair was so heavy in the shower and I could feel it on my neck, ok still not thinking anything. Well I decided to blowdry my hair and to my surprise my hair is hitting my shoulders. I can put a ponytail and have some nice hangtime. WGO is the only product I have been using for the past year consistently. Don't sleep on this product it works!

Btw I am 100% natural and did the big chop Nov 09 where I had about 2 to 3 inches of hair. I will post pics but not tonight, just wanted to share. I think I can stick to this natural thing.

beautyaddict1913

i used to love wild growth, it made my hair really soft and straight back in my pre-relaxer days! i switched to doo gro oil after that, pre-lhcf lol

LaidBak

WGO was the first product I bought that was influenced by LHCF. I really liked it because it didn't run down my face. But it got lost in the flood of products that I've been trying since then. I still have two bottles.

Kinkyhairlady

Yes I know what u mean, I have a ton of products and it is only when I started wearing braids that I started using the oil consistently and realize it is contributing to my growth spurts. It really does work but I guess when your hair is not braided u are constantly monitoring it which is why many may not notice anything amazing about the product is really good

D.Lisha

hmmm sounds interesting :scratchch:
I might have to give this a try one day :yep:
thanks for the insight Kinkyhairlady

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Thanks for the review. My friend has a bottle and I opened it up to smell it.

:ohwell: The smell was soooo bad.

FoxyMoxie

When I was in high school I cut my hair and the back was really short. I started using WGHO on my hair consistently and by the end of the year I had a ponytail hitting the lower back of my neck. I don't have any idea why I stopped using it. I know I have a bottle somewhere. For those who don't like the smell, they have a lighter version that I haven't tried. Any reviews for it?

chellero

Wife Supremacist
When I was in high school I cut my hair and the back was really short. I started using WGHO on my hair consistently and by the end of the year I had a ponytail hitting the lower back of my neck. I don't have any idea why I stopped using it. I know I have a bottle somewhere. For those who don't like the smell, they have a lighter version that I haven't tried. Any reviews for it?

It works just as well as the original and smells like circus animals too. :lol:

gadgetdiva

I bought some a while back that I thought I could try and my children love the way it feels on their scalp. I have the light one (yellow bottle) smells like herbs and stuff! Its too heavy for my hair but I use it during my pre-poo and DC'ing processes.

SvelteVelvet

Lol at circus animals! That's the perfect description. I used a bottle when it first came out and I loved the way it made my new growth lay down, I did notice some growth but soon after I started playing with boys and that smell is a no go. Don't sleep on Doo Gro oils either. The mega thick is my favorite. The best way to see if an oil works for me is to watch my hairline. When it starts to increase in thickness I know I've got a good oil.

Naturae

I tried it back in '04 but stopped because of the smell. Plus, back then it was $12 a bottle. I guess the price has come down since then b/c I have even seen it at Wally World (walmart) in the ethnic hair isle

ETA: I also had to stop using MTG for good... :( it started giving my scalp magor itchies, so much it felt like my brain needed to be scratched.

1QTPie

Elder Sim
I've never gotten through a 16th of an ounce of WGO. I just can't keep up with oiling my scalp, it's not something I like to do.

I recommend that you all smell the product before you purchase because that oil goes bad quickly. It already has a strong odor, when it's bad it changes colors and smells like arse.

favoured

I've never gotten through a 16th of an ounce of WGO. I just can't keep up with oiling my scalp, it's not something I like to do.

I recommend that you all smell the product before you purchase because that oil goes bad quickly. It already has a strong odor, when it's bad it changes colors and smells like arse.

@ the bolded: I was going to ask that question because I have a bottle that I'd bought months ago but never used. I'll be putting it in the trash and will get a new bottle. Thanks!

Iluvsmuhgrass

OMG :lachen: @ circus animals!!! I now look absolutely certifiable because I'm in a public place staring at the screen and laughing until I'm in tears! :lol:

alive

please don't do this to me. I just got done bragging about how I'm not a PJ in the other thread about things to leave behind next year :lachen:

Beany

I've been using it for a week applying it to my scalp and length twice a week at night (the smell is usually gone/isn't as strong in the a.m.). It definitely makes the hair softer, I looked at the ingredients and I have the first three (olive oil, coconut oil and jojoba oil) so I may just do my own oil mix when I'm through with this bottle, idk. I'll use the entire bottle and see if I wanna re-up. I've been eyeing Megatek and MTG for the winter.

CandyCurls

Last edited:

ppp422

WGHO definitely works! I used it on my scalp for over a year when I had braids. The only thing I didn't like at first was that I thought it was a little thick.

jerseygurl

Not a new member
I have a bottle and also the light version too. I stopped using it for a while and just started using it again on my edges and I'm already noticing a change. I'll keep using it and report back at the end of the year.

dlove

OP, this oil is the greatest! It is literally changing the texture of my hair! My 4a hair is more like 3a. My 4b is like 4a! My DD's 4a hair looks as if I added gel to style- it looks so neat. I use the original formula to oil my scalp and the light moisturizer to seal in moisture. Theses oils are the greatest and I have shine for days!