Don't think I can do ayurvedics anymore...

Ms.Joi

For the past couple of weeks things have been horrible. My head and body (all over) have been itching like crazy. I clarified and that did nothing. I ended up taking allergy meds to ease the itching.

I was using shikakai, brahmi alma, and neelibringadi oils on my scalp and hair. I was washing with henna (which had never bothered me before) neem, aritha, alma, and to wash.

The first couple of times I didn't have a problem, but after a couple of weeks the itching started. I thought it was something I ate so I clarified. It helped very little so I co washed a couple of days later. I had to take benadryl to stop the itching.

I tried it again Friday. I used shikakai only on my scalp and hair this time. I used the same powders and the results were the same. ITCHING!

This morning I tried neelbringadi oil on my scalp and hair and it was horrible. I was itching like crazy so I co wash immediately and took a benadryl. I am thinking that it my possibly be the neem that is causing the irritation, but I am not sure if I want to try it again.

Has anyone else had this experience? If so, what did you do?

Opalsunset

Eek! That sounds like your having an allergic reaction, maybe your body built up an immunity to it?

For me, that didn't happen but I was using everything ayurvedic and my hair protested against it..It was making the texture crazy.:ohwell:

Ms.Joi

Thanks
It probably is allergies. Dang, I wish I could pinpoint the problem because I enjoyed using them and the results I was getting.

Please chime in if you have any other thoughts.

RZILYNT

I really loved the way my hair felt.

But I could not use the Shilakai Bar, it was ok on my scalp, but using it in the shower, made my entire body itch and I had red blotches everywhere including my face. I had to stop using it.
I had to get a steriod RX from the doc.

I am not having any issues with the oils though.

RZ~

MissMasala5

Do a process of elimination. Use only one product at a time. You can dab a little on the inside of your elbow and wait a full 24 hours. Wash the area well and wait a full day before applying the second product. This should help you detect the offending product(s). Do you have any other allergies?

imstush

For the past couple of weeks things have been horrible. My head and body (all over) have been itching like crazy. I clarified and that did nothing. I ended up taking allergy meds to ease the itching.

I was using shikakai, brahmi alma, and neelibringadi oils on my scalp and hair. I was washing with henna (which had never bothered me before) neem, aritha, alma, and to wash.

The first couple of times I didn't have a problem, but after a couple of weeks the itching started. I thought it was something I ate so I clarified. It helped very little so I co washed a couple of days later. I had to take benadryl to stop the itching.

I tried it again Friday. I used shikakai only on my scalp and hair this time. I used the same powders and the results were the same. ITCHING!

This morning I tried neelbringadi oil on my scalp and hair and it was horrible. I was itching like crazy so I co wash immediately and took a benadryl. I am thinking that it my possibly be the neem that is causing the irritation, but I am not sure if I want to try it again.

Has anyone else had this experience? If so, what did you do?

THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED TO ME!!!!!!! I went from derm to allergist to ER. I then started using one product at a time. :nono::nono: i.e. wash only with the shampoo bar nothing else. next week hot oil treatment with the mustard oil.:nono::nono: I just gave it up and TRASHED everything. I've never had an allergic reaction like that. Good luck, but to me it's not worth it.

mnemosyne

It might be the oils. Did you make them yourself or purchase them pre mixed? If there's something else in the oil giving you an allergic reaction you could try to make your own with ingredients you know!

Ms.Joi

RZILYNT
-I am scratching like crazy too. I am taking a break and I am going to try things one at a time once I have the nerve to go back to it.

Med Munky
-I guess I will try to test in that area after a couple of weeks. I called myself doing this, but on my head and I have found that the neelbringadi MUST be eliminated.

JLove74
-this is true and one of the main reasons I don't try many of the products that I see mentioned, but I thought for sure that this was a winner. I was trying to get away from all of the commercial products.

imstush
-I feel you on this one. I am going to see about the process of elimination. If I can't continue I will be giving this stuff away. I know I can't stand much more of it. I hate that you went through it, but I am glad to see that I am not the only that has experienced this.

mnemosyne
-I was thinking the same thing with the oils. I purchased the brahmi amla oil which I know has mineral oil and I also purchased the neelbringadi. Not sure of the oils in that one, but when I used this alone the burning and itching was unbearable. I actually made the shikakai with oils that I use all of the time. I haven't tried it alone though.

I want to thank all of you ladies for responding and trying to help me in the matter. Keep it growin ladies. I am sure that I will be updating you all on the outcome of this situation. Once again, thank you all!

Lavendar

Hey Ms. Joi, I am allergic to amla. Luckily and unluckily I found out it was the culprit when I used it on my face. It's been well over a year since I had that reaction, so I tried it again recently added in a tea with a whole bunch of other herbs. I got that horrible itching you are describing and I had to take benadryl too. I just can't do it. If you want to continue, you will definitely have to find out which herb/herbs are causing the problem.:perplexed