Don't worry about the discontinued DDTA,

AllAboutTheHair

it has the EXACT same ingredients as Daily Renewal's 5X and Patene's Hydrating Curls. Proctor & Gamble have done it to us again. Check out the ingredients for Daily Renewal 5X:

Ingredients: water, stearyl alcohol, cyopentasiloxane, cetyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimetylamine, glutamic acid, dimethicone, benzyl alcohol, fragrance, EDTA, Methychloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

now for our well praised DDTA:

Ingredients: water, stearyl alcohol, cyopentasiloxane, cetyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimetylamine, glutamic acid, dimethicone, benzyl alcohol, fragrance, EDTA, SODIUM CHLORIDE, Methychloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

add a pinch of salt to your daily renewal, VOILA, Daily Defense's Tender Apple.

Last edited:

LABETT

I have tried the Daily Renewal 5x and it made my hair hard as rock but I am stocked up on DDTA.

AllAboutTheHair

isn't it weird that one ingredient, i.e. salt, can make that big of a difference? I am perplexed by it all. It seems that the salt would dry the hair more. Chemistry wasn't my fav. subject anyway. :)

We need to scope the ingredients on all P&G products we may just find our DDTA RENAMED!!

katie

LABETT said:
I have tried the Daily Renewal 5x and it made my hair hard as rock but I am stocked up on DDTA.

Yep! Same happened to me. I even got quite a bit of breakage from the 5X. It went straight to the trash.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Good looking out!! I have some bottles of DDTA,but since I have discovered Revlon's Aquamarine Condish, I may have to lay it to the side.

so1913

I tried the Daily Renewal twice since I bought it this past weekend....

No luck for me, doesn't soften my hair much at all :-( I'm tossing it.

AllAboutTheHair

I don't know about your area, but my Wal-Mart doesn't have any DDTA OR Daily Renewal 5X. AND Patene's Hydrating Curls has been updated with amino acids!! L-lysine is one of them. I got a small bottle just to try it out.

kombov_dymond

My hair loves Daily Renewal!(OddBall!) I have found that it has the same ingredients as Aussie Moist as well. To the Tee....

rosie

Then Pantene HC works for my hair. Even the new formula with the amino acids.

I used it b4 the DDTA came out. But since I can't find it anymore, I went back to PHC.

Haven't tried R5X, but if it is as cheap as DDTA, then I will try it.