DooGrow products- they work!

baddison

natural for good
I absolutely LOVE the Doo Gro Leave-In Growth Treatment!!! I spray it on about 2x per week, then seal it with my butters before I bun. Wow this is an awesome protein leave-in for me. It smells terrific too.

The ingredients are:
Water (Aqua), Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Polyquaternium 11, Propylene Glycol, Quaternium 33 and Ethyl Hexanediol, Polysorbate 20, PEG 75 Lanolin, Isostearamidopropyl Morpholine Lactate, Propylene Glycol and Diazolidinyl Urea and Methylparaben and Propylparaben, Sodium E.D.T.A., Fragrance (Parfum), Cherry Bark, Chamomile, Neutral Henna, Goldenseal, Calendula, Hops, Horsetail Plant Extract.

I like that protein is the second ingredient....so don't over-do it...I am experiencing nice soft-but-strong hair, almost-non-existent breakage, and awesome growth with this product as part of my BunForGrowth regimen.:yep:

Solitude

I used to use DooGro a long time ago. I was happy with the products. The only reason I stopped is...is....because I learned about so many other products on this board, I guess.

The tingling growth shampoo felt lovely on my scalp. I still have some of that shampoo :scratchch.

FAMUDva

I certainly worked for me a few years back when I used them. I used the grease :blush:, shampoo and conditioner for about a year and it helped me grow my hair without problem. This was pre-LHCF, so I was just using them because my DH suggested the products based on someone he worked with. He would grease my scalp every Sunday and the stuff would tingle.

I know "grease" is like a sin around here, but I can tell you it worked for me. I stopped using it after I got to a certain length and it didn't seem as effective as it once was.

FAMUDva

I had the same results that happyyogi had. My hair grew in thicker, fuller, and seemed much stronger. I used the shampoo----it really does tingle, the conditioner, the leave in, and the medicated grease----the clear one that smells like camphor. I still use the gease and hair oil from time to time. I used the system for about a year and a half. Great, great stuff!!! Not sure if my hair grew any faster, but I sure did grow some extra inches within the 1st year. This was back when I knew nothing about hair care and I used to flat iron my hair 2 times a day.

:yep: Yep, I used the SAME stuff! The whole line ;)

JessCNU

one of the oil's doesn't have any mineral oil or petroleum in it. I forgot which one (it says it on the bottle) My friend swears by this stuff and her hair is really long. I just don't like the smell.

baddison

natural for good
one of the oil's doesn't have any mineral oil or petroleum in it. I forgot which one (it says it on the bottle) My friend swears by this stuff and her hair is really long. I just don't like the smell.

I think you're referring to the Doo Gro MegaThick Growth Oil:Helps thicken and strengthen weak, damaged hair. Its special blend of oat protein, oat extract, meadow-foam seed oil, vitamins, pure herbs, shea butter, and botanical thickeners penetrate the hair shaft providing needed nourishment for strong, healthy growing hair. DOO GRO® Mega Thick Growth Oil is safe for children and can be used on all types of hair including color treated, relaxed, and braided.

Here are the ingredients:
Soybean Oil, Soy Methyl Ester, Sweet Almond Oil, Oat Extract, Oat Protein, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, SheaButter Extract, Fragrance, Propylparaben, BHA, Tea Tree Oil, Retinol (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E) Matricaria Extract, Goldenseed Extract, Hops Extract, Soap Bark Extract, Calendula Extract, Henna Extract, Horsetail Plant Extract, Safflower Oil

I've never tried it, but would love to hear from folks who have....:yep:

Soul♥Flower

I've never really been a grease person, but I my necie had me put some of the blue colored grease in her hair and I really like the consistency of it. It feels/looks different from the "blue magic" greases I'm used to seeing.

This thread is right on time b/c my head has been itching like crazy all of a sudden! I guess it's the wet hair + cold dry air combination. I may try using this on my scalp on wash days and see if it helps.

Soul♥Flower

I think you're referring to the Doo Gro MegaThick Growth Oil:Helps thicken and strengthen weak, damaged hair. Its special blend of oat protein, oat extract, meadow-foam seed oil, vitamins, pure herbs, shea butter, and botanical thickeners penetrate the hair shaft providing needed nourishment for strong, healthy growing hair. DOO GRO® Mega Thick Growth Oil is safe for children and can be used on all types of hair including color treated, relaxed, and braided.

Here are the ingredients:
Soybean Oil, Soy Methyl Ester, Sweet Almond Oil, Oat Extract, Oat Protein, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, SheaButter Extract, Fragrance, Propylparaben, BHA, Tea Tree Oil, Retinol (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E) Matricaria Extract, Goldenseed Extract, Hops Extract, Soap Bark Extract, Calendula Extract, Henna Extract, Horsetail Plant Extract, Safflower Oil

I've never tried it, but would love to hear from folks who have....:yep:

I tried it a couple of times before, in the past. It never really impressed me...it doesn't really "soak in". I guess b/c the main ingredient is soybean oil (which is also known in the kithcen as vegetable oil...fyi) and soybean oil is too light for me.

Sui Topi

I'm always skeptical when i see any products at the beauty supply with the the words super-gro or doo-grow. Maybe it's the spelling or maybe it's the bombastic boasting on the labels (usually end with !!!), I dunno.

Just my opinion. :)

:dead:

seriously this chick said bombastic lol omg!

^^^^ Are you sure you posted in the right thread? :lol:

LOL I know, she was having a long day lol. I was like SL ladies? Who are they lol?

JessCNU

I think I might get a bottle and try some (very lightly) I think I used too much in the past and it always came out too greasy for me. I was thinking about putting a little bit on my scalp whenever I get the itches which isn't very often.