DOWNRIGHT DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE 2009 - PART 3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqzbly1908

Just checking in...Used my MT last night as a deep condish - rinsing and following up with a combo of AO HSR AND GPB letting it dry in my hair until morning - then rollersetting

Ganjababy

Aggie you and your hair are gorgeous!

Deep conditioned last night with pantene relaxed and natural mixed with molasses

LaidBak

Checking in...
Aggie your hair looks wonderful!
DCing now with LeKair Cholesterol and olive oil. I heated it for 15 mins and will sit for 45 more w/o the heat.

lp318lp

UPDATE:
My DC Schedule so far:
1) Jan. 4 - Avocado and Egg Mix - 1 hour
2) Jan. 10 - Sap Moss Conditioner - 30 min
3) Jan. 13 - Tresemme Natural Conditioner - 3 hours (yup, hours!) :lachen:
4) Jan. 19 - Sap Moss Conditioner + EVOO + Mayo - 30 mins :drunk:
5) Jan. 27 - Mayo + EVOO - 30 mins (wanted to go longer, but... had to get ready for work... :wallbash:)

Planning on DC'ing again on Saturday... nothing less than 3 hours!! :yep:

me~:rolleyes:

mahogany_horizons

Dc'd for an hour with no heat, and scarf wrapped around my head yesterday. Used silk elements intense moisturising conditioner.

Due to protein overload, I will be focusing on giving my hair maximum moisture for my next few deep conditions, until my hair tells me it no longer needs it :)

J Glazin

Hey ladies,
Checking in. I dc last night with affirm reconstructive. Rinse it and love the result. Super soft. Next 1/31/2009

SCarolinaGirl

It is not a good idea to avoid other proteins altogether, in fact, adding a mild reconstructor is a good idea while using MT, especially if your hair is relaxed. I use MT but I also reconstruct my hair with something mild because my hair is texlaxed and I could use the extra protein. I would still use a reconstructor every 2 weeks or so while using the MT to keep my demarcation line strong. Just remember to follow it up with some moisturizing DCing.

Thanks, I'll be sure to do this!

chebaby

ok i cant take it any longer. i didnt want to wash my hair because it feels so good and it looks so black(been using vatika oil almost daily) but its starting to look greasy.

so when i get home i will do a pre poo with sitrinilla mixed with vatika frosting for 30 minutes to an hour, then oil rinse with vatika oil for 1-3 minutes. then i will wash my hair with WEN fig. then do joico k pak reconstructor for five minutes. then i will deep condition with a mix of all soft heavy cream mixed with jbco and avosoya oil for 30-45 minutes with heat. then i will throw in my leave ins and heat protectant and blow dry and flat iron. i cant wait. then im going to oil my hair lightly with a few drops of vatika oil.

ETA: that vatika oil works fast as far as restoring the hair. i have been doing oil rinses with it for about 3 weekd and using it at night as a sealant and my hair is sooooooo dark and shiny and it feels much thicker and softer. for those of you who have not tried it you need to do that. its cheap but worth so much more.

Last edited:

Aggie

I did an all-day DC today with AO White Camellia without heat. It's still on my hair and I think i will be sleeping with it on my hair tonight as well because of the henna treatment I did on Monday. The White Camellia is really really nice - I love it:lick:. DANG!!! Another staple added to my already big stash:grin::nono:.

Last edited:

spacetygrss

I DC'd with the last of my Shescentit Banana Brulee topped off with GVP Matrix Conditioning Balm. Hair is feeling great.

JDandBeyond

DCing with AO Honeysuckle Rose as we speak. First time using it and excited to see results! Working out with it in and will report tomorrow if its a thumbs up or down.

JDandBeyond

DCing with AO Honeysuckle Rose as we speak. First time using it and excited to see results! Working out with it in and will report tomorrow if its a thumbs up or down.

Update: That AO Honeysuckle Rose is the TRUTH! I hate yall for making products sound so good til I have to run out and buy them and fall in love with YET another product! I kept it in for about 2 hours (random time), washed it out and did my very first EVER braid out....and it was a success! I am only 2 1/2 weeks post relaxer so the roots are nice and tame and the ends are curly. I never knew my hair could even do that! I took a pic on my cell. It is not that great but will upload to my fotki tonight. I never thought I could live without blow drying my hair (i've been doing that twice a week since starting this challenge) but now I have renewed hope and endless possibilities!

chebaby

i actually ended up doing a hot oil treatment with vatika oil last night and hated it. i love vatika oil but my hair just does not like hot oil treatments. but it still turned out good because i deep conditioned really well.

Aggie

Update: That AO Honeysuckle Rose is the TRUTH! I hate yall for making products sound so good til I have to run out and buy them and fall in love with YET another product! I kept it in for about 2 hours (random time), washed it out and did my very first EVER braid out....and it was a success! I am only 2 1/2 weeks post relaxer so the roots are nice and tame and the ends are curly. I never knew my hair could even do that! I took a pic on my cell. It is not that great but will upload to my fotki tonight. I never thought I could live without blow drying my hair (i've been doing that twice a week since starting this challenge) but now I have renewed hope and endless possibilities!

Well you know what JD:poke:, the AO HSR is really really nice and thick and leaves the hair super soft and silky but dannnnnnngg:shocked:, I think you'll like the AO White camellia Conditioner as well:eyebrows2. It is perfect as an over night conditioner or a DC on dry hair. I mean it was just totolly yummy:lick: on my hair after my henna treatment, I mean just downright delicious and it doesn't appear to have any proteins in it which incidently was perfect as an after henna treatment:thud:.

JDandBeyond

Well you know what JD:poke:, the AO HSR is really really nice and thick and leaves the hair super soft and silky but dannnnnnngg:shocked:, I think you'll like the AO White camellia Conditioner as well:eyebrows2. It is perfect as an over night conditioner or a DC on dry hair. I mean it was just totolly yummy:lick: on my hair after my henna treatment, I mean just downright delicious and it doesn't appear to have any proteins in it which incidently was perfect as an after henna treatment:thud:.

Ya see...always starting trouble! lol I'm also probably gonna be PMing you about henna I think I'm ready to take the plunge!

Aggie

! lol I'm also probably gonna be PMing you about henna I think I'm ready to take the plunge!

:lachen: , Yeah I know but dang you know I gatta share my joy with everyone I know! Anyhoo sweetie, I would recommend that you check out my henna treatment in my fotki and if you still have some more questions after that, I will be glad to answer any questions you might have. Also start checking out all those threads on henna too, you won't regret it. A very special place to start is to first check out www.hennaforhair.com and download their free e-book on henna right from the site, good stuff:yep:. I 've used it a few times so I'll help where it gets a little confusing for you. I still believe that no matter what, you should always have some info on it before commencing using it.

Last edited:

PuffyBrown

I got my new Pibbs yesterday!
I am scheduled for a trim tomorrow.
But you know I am going to DC tonight.
I can't wait.

naturalness

I am loving this challenge!! I deep conditioned yesterday with ORS Mayonnaise with heat for 1 hour. I then followed up with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration-I left that in for 10 minutes. I have never had any issues with my hair but since starting the challenge my hair is so much nicer. Thanks again Aggie for this wonderful challenge.

*Muffin*

Weekly Check-in

Tuesday: Washed hair with Sulfate-free shampoo, conditioned with Giovanni SAS, and DC'd with AO HSR, then did lemon juice rinse for added shine.

Thursday: Used applied red clay mask to my hair for about thirty minutes, then shampooed and conditioned as usual. Then I DC'd with AO HSR and did lemon rinse.

Mandy4610

I have been lazy since I took my cornrows out:nono:
Every time I plan to DC something comes up or I am just too darn tired.

Any way I did an overnight DC on monday.

I try another one tomorrow.

scarcity21

i know i havent updated since i joined but Tuesday night i DCed overnight with a mix of AOHSR, nexxus humectress,M&T condish, lustrasilk mango and olive oil...
Last night(Thusrday) I DCed overnight with a mix of mahabrangaj + brahmi oil applied to scalp (my hair is is cornrows) and Aveda's curessence (loveeeeeeeee the scent)

Status
Not open for further replies.