DOWNRIGHT DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE 2009 - PART 3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggie

Hi again to all deep conditioning challengers,

This is just a continuation of the deep conditioning challenge that ran for all of 2008. Now by popular demand it's back for next year beginning January 1st - December 31st, 2009.

This challenge was started because we sometimes get a little lazy and don't want to do all that's necessary for our hair to grow faster, so the challenge helps us to encourage each other to remain consistent and persistent.

I know that I myself have experienced a huge success with my hair progress since starting deep condtioning consistently, it is thicker and longer:yep:. I am relaxed so co-washing everyday doesn't work too well for me but DC-ing 2 to 3 times a week is the truth. By the way, this challenge is for all natural, texlaxed, texturized and relaxed heads.

Here is what you will need for this challenge:

1. Simplicity is still key in this challenge.
2. Deep conditioning is required a minimum of twice per week, be it on wet or dry hair. If you are wearing braids or weaves, once per week would suffice. I am using my WEN and Hair One cleansing conditioners while in braids because I like that I can leave them in for extended conditioning.
3. Shampooing more than once a week is not required.
4. You may deep condition with heat (steam/conditioning heat caps or hot towels and plastic cap - Samanthajones Technique) for at least 30 minutes to an hour using the deep conditioner of your choice.
5. And/Or you may deep condition without heat wearing a plastic cap from a couple of hours to overnight if you dare - and wash out the following morning.
6. Please check in at least once a week to update the team on how it's going for you. Also, it would be helpful if we know what you are using as your deep conditioners of choice. This helps to inform the newbies in that we'll know if they are using the correct conditioners for their hair in an effort to avoid protein/moisture overload.
7. Let us know what kind of results you are getting from a conditioner as well, whether you liked it or not and why.
8. Please post your starting progress pic at the beginning of the challenge and the last one will be required by December 27th-31st, 2009 when the challenge will end.

MY STARTING PIC IS IN MY SIGGY.

LADIES I NEED A LIST OF THE GREAT CONDITIONERS YOU ARE USING SO I CAN LIST THEM HERE. SOME EXAMPLES OF DEEP CONDITIONERS THAT CAN BE USED ARE:

Mizani Moisturefuse
Mizani Thermasmooth
Mizani Fulfyl Conditioning Treatment (mild protein)
Biolage Hydrating and Ultra Hydrating Conditioning Balm
Biolage Fortetherapie Cera-Repair Treatment (both at-home and professional)
Biolage Hydratherapie Cera-Repair treatment (both at-home and professional)
Nioxin Intensive Therapy Weightless Reconstructive Masque (mild to moderate protein)
Nioxin Scalp Therapy #3 for fine chemically enhanced hair (mild to moderate protein)
Aubrey Organic Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner
Keracare Humecto (in the tub)
Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus Mango
Organics Hair Mayonnaise Treatment for Damaged Hair (mild protein)
Alter Ego Garlic Treatment Oil Conditioner (great for sheddding)
Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor (mild protein)
Salerm 21 Wheat Germ Mask
Miss Key 10 in 1 Conditioner
Queen Helene Cholesterol
Loreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Conditioner
Creme Of Nature Nourishing Conditioner
Pantene Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense Hair Conditioning Mask
Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor (mild protein)
Ultra Black Hair Deep Conditioner (by Cathy Howse)
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Nature's Gate Biotin Strengthening Conditioner
Jason Natural Thin to Thick hair & Scalp Therapy Extra Volume Conditioner
ElucenceMoisture Balancing Conditioner
Elucence Extended Moisture Repair Treatment (mild protein)
Creme Of Nature Conditioning Reconstructor (mild protein)
Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner
Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayaonnaise
Aubrey Organics GPB Balancing Conditioner (mild protein)
Ultra Sheen Duo Tex Protein Conditioner

The above are the ones found in my own stash of conditioners. I would like to add others for the sake of our newbies so please indicate if the conditioners are protein based or I would automatically assume they are moisture based, okay?

Other deep conditioners that can be used are:

GVP Conditioning Balm (from Sally's)
Joico K Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor (protein)
Joico K Pak Intensive Hydrator Conditioner
Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm
Hairveda Sitrinillah Deep Conditioning Mask
ORS Replenishing Pak (mild protein/moisturizing)
Alter Ego Nourishing Rebalancing Conditioner
Shescentit Banana Brulee
Ojon Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
Phytojojoba Mask
Mizani Microfusion Conditioner
MOP C-System Conditioner
Redken All Soft Heavy Cream
LeKair Cholesterol (mild protien)
ICON Inner Home Moisture Mask
Aubrey Organics Green Algae Hair Rescue Conditioning Mask (protein)
Aubrey Organis Isand naturals Conditioner
J/A/S/O/N/ Sea Kelp Conditioner
Freeman's mango Papaya Conditioner
Rene Furtere Karite Intense Nourishing Mask (mild protein)
Federic Fekai Hair Mask with Shea Butter
NuNaat Keratin Conditioner (protein)
Aveda Sap Moss Conditioning detangler
Tresemme Natural Conditioner
Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment
Pantene Restoratives Time Renewal Replenishing Mask
Kenra Platinum Shea Butter Reconstructor (protein)
Nexxus Emergencee (mild to moderate protein)
Carols Daughter Black Vanilla Smoothie
Silicon Mix Conditioner
Alter Ego Energizing and Rebalancing Cream
Shapely's Mane N Tail

Those who want to join, please PM me and I will add you to the challenge.

Remember to always have fun:dance7:.

Deep Conditioning Challengers so far are:

Aggie
wheezy807
carmencan
Mrs. Verde
Lisaaa Bonet
JustKiya
daephae
swalker31
platinum
Smiley79

MonaLisa
Msstarr718
jersygurl
DaPPer
sweetcocoa
tiffers
huricane
luvovcandy
SuchMagnificance

strive2win
lexi84
sevetlana
tishee
veggieBURGER
SouthernStunner
jahzyira
LaidBak
thaidreams
moonglowdiva

ms_b_haven06
Mandy4610
Longdayinthepark
Lei*Lei
Eisani
chebaby
smwrigh3
PGirl
Twisties
unique4lyfe33

NYRICAN1
ladycage
anewday
Shay72
cutiebe2
sandyrabbit
myronnie
camilla
ILuvmuhgrass
Muffin

BillsBacker67
BlackPearl1
jrae
bluediamond0829
Chameleonchick
SouthernBeauty
drasgrl
silentdove13
Tarae
MzWill

Shana'
trinigal27
diamond42377
tgrowe
Br*nzeB*mbsh~ll
tangerinedream
bbdgirl
maleekah
naturally-devine
TheLadySays

RedBee
malachi74
Southerngirl4ever
spacetygrss
shae101s
Nubiangt
labareda
slim_thick
Choclacotton
Caramel Jewel

2Cute!
A-Yannie
lwilliams1922
ajacks
Romey
sanserity30
chiliz345
alyn308
princessdi
FijiFlower

PuffyBrown
Nice Lady
Highly Favored08
natstar
babydollhair
cicilypayne
**Jade**
GoldenBreeze
brightblueink
Golden75

Mis007
evsbaby
lennet93
Glamourlicious
sandyrabbit
bign_17
deltagyrl
SunnyDelight
princessvonne
yellow08

mommyoftheyear
Irresistable
newsflower
Jaxhair
bluwatersoul
asummertyme
KissKiss
jbailey
Fabu-lass
s1b000

TriniStarr
healthyhair2
lovleelilie
CurliDiva
labareda
Julyllove
QueenC71
JessCNU
curlyreese
seashell

Cynnamyn
TdotGirl
Lexib
Loves Harmony
Hot40
PeonyBella (aka- Redbee)
NappturalWomyn
JDandBeyond
adf23
jayjamlov

Butterfly08
SweetMarshCrystal
mtmorg
sonia1965
shoediva2006
miss_cherokee
netnet26
sexycap
Amelia456
miss congeniality

nik4jesus
lp318lp
nubinikki
naturalness
scarcity21
Chardai
Sugarhoneyicetea
jsjess
waitingtogrow
Calyx505

MsElise
tycoles
_belle
hairsothick
Tallone
poeticmusiqu
Wanny
55brneye
Chocsmile
ayoung

angeleyes3b
Guyaneek
TeaKyoo
Forever in Bloom
J Glazin
jaded_faerie
Squikee
Serenity_Peace
yodie
Diam0ndiva

misstig
adi687
mj11051
DaDragonPrincess
mahogany_horizons
BostonMaria
Whimsy
ladybuginthechi
song_of_serenity
futurescbride

joytimes10
birdie
cheri
sunbubbles
vpoetic
katblack
flowinlocks
Controversial*Diva
misstobz
fobaker

Kysmet
Klutzie
aymone
naturalgurl
msdeevee

Last edited:

lexi84

Me, me, me!!! As soon as the summer hits, I'm deep conditioning every other day again. I got cur-ay-zee growth when I did that last time!

Aggie

Alright ladies, all of you who have pm'ed me and here in this thread have been added. Good luck ladies.

LaidBak

OK I am in. Starting/current pics in siggy. I DC every time I wash anyway so I might as well join. I have been using a mix of ORS/olive oil or LeKair cholesterol/olive oil with a plastic cap and 30 minutes of heat. I just got some Phyto deep conditioner so I'll be putting that in rotation as well over the next few months. I measure after my relaxers which typically happen around the 15th of the month. So my siggy will be updated once a month.

Last edited:

chebaby

please add me.
during the summer i will deep condition 3 times a week but i cant promise that the other months it will be more than once a week. but still put me on the list. my hair loves to be deep conditioned.

Lucky's Mom

Hi again to all deep conditioning challengers,

This is just a continuation of the deep conditioning challenge that ran for all of 2008. Now by popular demand it's back for next year beginning January 1st - December 31st, 2009.

This challenge was started because we sometimes get a little lazy and don't want to do all that's necessary for our hair to grow faster, so the challenge helps us to encourage each other to remain consistent and persistent.

I know that I myself have experienced a huge success with my hair progress since starting deep condtioning consistently, it is thicker and longer:yep:. I am relaxed so co-washing everyday doesn't work too well for me but DC-ing 2 to 3 times a week is the truth. By the way, this challenge is for all natural, texlaxed, texturized and relaxed heads.

Here is what you will need for this challenge:

1. Simplicity is still key in this challenge.
2. Deep conditioning is required a minimum of twice per week, be it on wet or dry hair. If you are wearing braids or weaves, once per week would suffice. I am using my WEN and Hair One cleansing conditioners while in braids because I like that I can leave them in for extended conditioning.
3. Shampooing more than once a week is not required.
4. You may deep condition with heat (steam/conditioning heat caps or hot towels and plastic cap - Samanthajones Technique) for at least 30 minutes to an hour using the deep conditioner of your choice.
5. And/Or you may deep condition without heat wearing a plastic cap from a couple of hours to overnight if you dare - and wash out the following morning.
6. Please check in at least once a week to update the team on how it's going for you. Also, it would be helpful if we know what you are using as your deep conditioners of choice. This helps to inform the newbies in that we'll know if they are using the correct conditioners for their hair in an effort to avoid protein/moisture overload.
7. Let us know what kind of results you are getting from a conditioner as well, whether you liked it or not and why.
8. Please post your starting progress pic at the beginning of the challenge and the last one will be required by December 27th-31st, 2009 when the challenge will end.

Those who want to join, please PM me and I will add you to the challenge.

Remember to always have fun:dance7:.

Deep Conditioning Challengers so far are:

Aggie
wheezy807
carmencan
Mrs. Verde
Lisaaa Bonet
JustKiya
daephae
swalker31
platinum
Smiley79

MonaLisa
Msstarr718
jersygurl
DaPPer
sweetcocoa
tiffers
huricane
luvocandy
SuchMagnificance

strive2win
lexi84
sevetlana
tishee
veggieBURGER
SouthernStunner
jahzyira
LaidBak
thaidreams
moonglowdiva

ms_b_haven06
Mandy4610
Longdayinthepark
Lei*Lei
Eisani
chebaby

Samanthajones Technique???? :lachen: Wow.

Love you Aggie!!!! I would say "sign me up" - but I probably won't be around.... Good luck ladies!!! I do this anyway... so - It is not a challenge - really....

Hugs!

Aggie

Samanthajones Technique???? :lachen: Wow.

Love you Aggie!!!! I would say "sign me up" - but I probably won't be around.... Good luck ladies!!! I do this anyway... so - It is not a challenge - really....

Hugs!

Hi SJ:wave:, I love you too sweetie and you know I gatta give you your props:woot:. Sorry to hear you won't be around:crying3:....you are indeed a sweetie pie.

Aggie

Okay ladies, the list of DC challengers has been updated so far. I will continue to take pm's and those who come in and want to join here, I will keep checking and adding from here as well.

Good luck ladies and don't forget to post starting pics.

ladycage

I will join this challenge. I use alter ego garlic or cholestrol overnight. I also just received Mega tek so I will find out how to use that as a DCer.

Lei*Lei

This is great! I already dc about 1-2x a week (wednesdays and/or sundays) and so far my hair has been loving it! This challenge will help me to stay on track. I dc with a cheap cholesterol treatment and add an egg if i want some protein. Other than that i co-wash in between deep conditioning days and bun or wear wigs daily.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Please add me! I actually added a third dc a week based on reading the last thread. I will post a pic on Jan 1st along with my dc info.

cutiebe2

please add me! I have been doing this since September and I love it! I will use Hairveda StritiNillah

Aggie

OK I am in. Starting/current pics in siggy. I DC every time I wash anyway so I might as well join. I have been using a mix of ORS/olive oil or LeKair cholesterol/olive oil with a plastic cap and 30 minutes of heat. I just got some Phyto deep conditioner so I'll be putting that in rotation as well over the next few months. I measure after my relaxers which typically happen around the 15th of the month. So my siggy will be updated once a month.

I just sent you a pm on the bolded, okay?

Aggie

Everyone so far has been added. I am heading to bed now, but please don't stop sending your requests to be added. I will check again in the morning from this point for all requests of those who still wish to be added to the challenge, okay?

Goodnight for now ladies, I am very sleepy:sleep2:.

Status
Not open for further replies.