DOWNRIGHT DELICIOUS DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE 2009 - PART 3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romey

Aggie, I will attempt to appreciate the blessings of puffy hair while secretly wishing for a slightly dense hair type. It is true, at least in my case, that we are never satisfied with who we are or what we have. It's always nice to regain focus after hearing another's perpective.

Oh yeah, I dc'd again with old faithful (ORS Replenishing Pak).

healthyhair2

Deep conditioned today with Sizta 2 Sizta Deep Conditioner. I shampooed with Paul Mitchell
Tea Tree Special Shampoo. I gave myself a pre shampoo treatment with Candy C's overnight treatment with amla. I use my heatcap for 35-45 mins. with each deep conditioning treatment. My hair is doing pretty well since I am sealing in the moisture as well.

Patricia

I deep conditioned with mendex hair treatment and followed up with joico kpak. I'm happy with the results

Aggie

Aggie, I will attempt to appreciate the blessings of puffy hair while secretly wishing for a slightly dense hair type. It is true, at least in my case, that we are never satisfied with who we are or what we have. It's always nice to regain focus after hearing another's perpective.

Oh yeah, I dc'd again with old faithful (ORS Replenishing Pak).
Now see....that's what I'm talkin' about.

Thanks Aggie!:blowkiss:

You're welcomed PuffyBrown

naturalness

I dc'd overnight with Miss Jessies Rapid Recovery Treatment overnight. I mixed the the dc with olive oil, coconut oil and honey-this made it a thinner consistency because this dc is VERY thick. I put an extra coating of dc to the ends of my hair. My hair came out very nice and moisturized.

BostonMaria

Yesterday I pre-poo'd with coconut oil (Hairveda) for a few hours. After I rinsed that out, I mixed AO Honeysuckle Rose with coconut oil, jojoba oil, castor oil, sweet almond, aloe vera juice, grapeseed oil... And God knows what else I grabbed. I DC'd for about 15 minutes because it was getting late. I rinsed and added whipped cream to my hair, rollerset and air-dried overnight. In the AM I flatironed and my hair feels great.

anewday

my great discovery:
I took it in the room with the one year old. I turned it on and remembered it's white noise. She fell asleep in THREE mins! AND I got 30 mins of heat for my DC!

:grin:

How cute :) I have a 6 month old and a 3 yr old. so I know how you feel. I make my time for myself in the morning or when everyone is in bed.

MonaLisa

Sunday, 2/1 - deep conditioned on dry hair [Protein - Joico mix/Kiehl's Intensive Repair Deep Conditioning Pak/Grapeseed/Macadamia Oil]

pood with CON/Amala

followed up with moisturizing conditioners [Moist 24/7 and Joico Hydrator]

moisturized/detangled with Kids Organic Shea Butter Moisturizer followed up with Green Tea Butter

Strong, yet soft. Very pleased.

Highly Favored8

I washed and DC since it is winter my hair is not feeling ORS REP. PAK only in the hot and humid months so for the fall and winter I use Aussie Deep Condtioner with Aloe. I let it sit on my hair for only 15-20 mins. Not not my ORS which I let sit for at least 2 hours.

Then I braided my hair in 2 sections and air dried.

J Glazin

Hey Ladies
On saturday I did a hot oil treatment with hemp oil, avocado oil, and coconut oil. I left it on for about 4 hours. Rinsed with warm water and then applied my conditioner. My hair came out great. I love the deep conditioning. Its quick!!

On the other hand, I have noticed that the back of my hair is breaking, im not to sure of the reasoning. I make sure i moisturize with aveeda every night and day and apply olive oil and jojoba oil on my scalp about 2x a week.I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Maybe I need more protein in the back. hmmm....Dont know whats going on but I was love some help.

Next conditioner wash 2/3/2009

Aggie

I'm sitting under my dryer right now with some Nioxin Reconstructive Mask on my hair - this thing is really tingling my scalp in a good way:lick:. I'll be DCing with some Biolage Conditioning balm I think, I haven't decided yet.

Aggie

Hey Ladies
On saturday I did a hot oil treatment with hemp oil, avocado oil, and coconut oil. I left it on for about 4 hours. Rinsed with warm water and then applied my conditioner. My hair came out great. I love the deep conditioning. Its quick!!

On the other hand, I have noticed that the back of my hair is breaking, im not to sure of the reasoning. I make sure i moisturize with aveeda every night and day and apply olive oil and jojoba oil on my scalp about 2x a week.I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Maybe I need more protein in the back. hmmm....Dont know whats going on but I was love some help.

Next conditioner wash 2/3/2009

Hmmm, this could be caused by so many things. Are you bunning your hair too tight or too much in one spot? Do you use any protein on your hair at all? Are you under or over-processing your hair in that area? Are you using instant weaves with comb in them daily? Perhaps you sleep on your back every night or your satin cap comes off during the night while you sleep if you wear one?

Aggie

I'm sitting under my dryer right now with some Nioxin Reconstructive Mask on my hair - this thing is really tingling my scalp in a good way:lick:. I'll be DCing with some Biolage Conditioning Balm I think, I haven't decided yet.

ETA: Okay I decided to DC with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner on my relaxed ends and with Bioage CB on my texlaxed roots. I liked how this felt so I'll continue doing this:yep:.

J Glazin

Hmmm, this could be caused by so many things. Are you bunning your hair too tight or too much in one spot? Do you use any protein on your hair at all? Are you under or over-processing your hair in that area? Are you using instant weaves with comb in them daily? Perhaps you sleep on your back every night or your satin cap comes off during the night while you sleep if you wear one?

Hi thanks for replying,

I recently cut my hair in Dec because of this problem. By hair was doing well except for the back. I cut it pretty short but in a cute style. I did this to start over. But I am running through the same problem again. I do not bun because its a little difficult to put it into a bun. I try to protein once a week so I wouldnt over do it. At night I wear a satin bonnet. I am soo confuse. :nono:Im wondering do I use the right oil for my scalp. Maybe I need to switch up. I am currently using olive oil and jojoba oil on my scalp. I was thinking about switching to coconut oil or avocado oil.

Aggie

Hi thanks for replying,

I recently cut my hair in Dec because of this problem. By hair was doing well except for the back. I cut it pretty short but in a cute style. I did this to start over. But I am running through the same problem again. I do not bun because its a little difficult to put it into a bun. I try to protein once a week so I wouldnt over do it. At night I wear a satin bonnet. I am soo confuse. :nono:Im wondering do I use the right oil for my scalp. Maybe I need to switch up. I am currently using olive oil and jojoba oil on my scalp. I was thinking about switching to coconut oil or avocado oil.

Have you considered not oiling your scalp for a while and see happens after that? I only oil my scalp if I am using henna (which is only once every 8-12 weeks or so) or ayurveda powders on it to counteract their drying effects or when I pre-poo.

silentdove13

I have so missed being here. Just back from Haiti and I did manage t get in one dc last week.

I am doing an ors repl. pack right now.

Ganjababy

Yesterday I washed with ayurvedic powders and tried a new deep moisturising conditioner I never heard of that was on sale at Sally's. It was crap. Left my hair dry

joytimes10

Checking in..(hangs head in shame):nono: DC yesterday w/ Pantene Nourish Noir hair mask added honey, EVOO, and Menthi Setvia (sp) Tea. This is my 1st DC in about 2 weeks. I'll step it up....

naturalgurl

Can I be in this with my natural stuff? I don't use any of the conditioners used here. This is what I'll be using if I qualify...

Olive oil/honey for moisturizing
Coconut milk/honey for moisturzing with light protein
Egg whites/yogurt for protein

hurricane

Okay, last night i mixed some aubreys honeysuckle rose with 1 tsp of brahmi and 1 tsp. of amla powder. Let it sit for 2 hours no heat. moisturized with Cantu shea butter and sealed with coconut oil. My caucasian co-worker asked if I got my hair straighten. The coconut oil left a wonder shine.

Not really feeling the honeysuckle rose with the powder mix. May try again. I usually use suave humectress.

Status
Not open for further replies.