Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Liquid Soap-Anyone Try It?

gymfreak336

I just want to say, be careful when you are rinsing. I used it in the shower once and as I was rinsing, some suds got into my Whoha and Yikes!! :eek:

aloof one

Remember ladies, keep the peppermint away from the cooch, eyes, crack and nose. You will regret it:nono::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I love the stuff though. I use it all on my body where its not sensitive just to have that clean feeling when I get out of th shower. I use it on my face and to clean my hair too. I figure since its not exactly a shampoo and doesn't have any sulfates its OK to use this sometimes before I cowash if my hair feels like it has buildup.

I plan on trying the Eucalyptus or the Citrus one but that may not happen for months since it lasts so long.

Stiletto_Diva

Remember ladies, keep the peppermint away from the cooch, eyes, crack and nose. You will regret it:nono::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I love the stuff though. I use it all on my body where its not sensitive just to have that clean feeling when I get out of th shower. I use it on my face and to clean my hair too. I figure since its not exactly a shampoo and doesn't have any sulfates its OK to use this sometimes before I cowash if my hair feels like it has buildup.

I plan on trying the Eucalyptus or the Citrus one but that may not happen for months since it lasts so long.

This is exactly what made me interested in the product, it's muti-purposeful. The website said it has over 18 ways you can use it. Including cleaning around the house!!! and since it's so concentrated you only need to use a tiny bit.

ETA: Did I forget to mention that its 100% natural!!!!

Last edited:

Str8~Curly

I have the baby mild one- as much as I tried not to, the peppermint kept getting in places mentioned that should be avoided- not good. Besides that, it did feel good on the scalp. That one and the baby mild are good at removing build-up from my hair. I use about a tablespoon to about 12 oz of water. simple, effective, and natural.

lilsparkle825

i went to food lion the other day and it was on the organic aisle

:look:

i didnt even know food lion HAD an organic aisle...and it was on sale but i cant remember the price. i might have to go back, i keep hearing good things.

Stiletto_Diva

So with this soap getting in places it has no "bidness" being in, is it so unbearable that it's outweights the benefits?

Also, how painful is it?

Guapa1

Just like it says on the label dilute, dilute dilute. I put a little bit in a spare bottle,top it up with water and use it everywhere. It's fine. I love my Dr Bs. :grin:

Gracie

I've used Dr. Bronner's for 20 years. I love it for shower gel, removing make up, and pedicures. In a pinch, i've tried some of the other uses as well. My hair did not appreciate it as shampoo.

biancaelyse

I've been using this soap for several years and I love it. I dilute it and use it as a body wash and have no trouble washing the unmentionables this way.

It's great for a soothing foot soak too with some Epsom Salts.

I purchase mine at the healthfood store but I recently saw it at GNC too.

Last edited:

Shinka

So with this soap getting in places it has no "bidness" being in, is it so unbearable that it's outweights the benefits?

Also, how painful is it?

Its not too painful. It like getting Bengay in your eye. it's going to sting due to the stimulating aspect of it.

I love the pepperming it makes my scalp tingle, but make sure your dilute it as directed or it will dry out your hair.

I use it only to clean my scalp, and I follow with a moiturizing shampoo for the hair.

I also use the tea tree shampoo.

prettykinks

That's the only shampoo I have ever used on my hair since I have been natural. I dilute it in a squirt bottle or a cup and pour it or squirt it on my hair or braids. It is never overdrying that way and it never burns places it shouldn't. My hair is so soft after I use it and I love Love the smell.:grin:

Evazhair

I have used the soap for a long time.It can't be beat for showering in the summer. It is too harsh for my hair diluted. The hair products look interesting. Let us know how they work for you.

YvonneL

I always dilute mine and the tingle feels refreshing to me. I use it for hair and everything else.

cocopuff

I have used the tea tree and the almond variety on my face, as other posters have stated, please be careful when washing around sensitive areas; it has accidentally gotten into my eyes and stung like hell!

misschee

i may be the only person who doesnt dilute it and uses it as a shampoo without my hair becoming dry. i dont feel like it's any more drying than a regular shampoo. in fact some days i will wash with this and spray my leave-in cond (nothing else) and my curls look AMAZING. its how i get my curls to drop just a tad:grin: