Dr. Drew's Life Changers - Black Hair

reeko43

Ok, if Himay10nence is "keeping it real", why did she put a lid on her videos just before this show airs? She is what she is, don't be shamed now!

I don't expect her to act like too much of a fool and she and her daughter will probably speak to the pain caused by society about being natural.

HOWEVER, for those who are so "down", why even agree to go on a show like this? This topic has been debated ad nauseam in all arenas of media. There is never resolution. I never come away with anything extra or enlightening. Ultimately, what is the point?

What I would rather see is more of a united front of sisters proudly repping their hair and being supportive of each other. I would love to see a show that showcases the sheer beauty and versatility of African American hair.

I have seen enough of the drama of our "hair". That is nothing new. If these spokespeople are so "bout it bout it", they
would join together and present their own show on their own terms with info on not how to keep leaning backwards but how great the future is for Black hair.

But, I guess there is more entertainment in our division and drama than our positive unity.

crlsweetie912

She just put up a video about the show. I think something happened she was trying to link/upload her videos to her new site and it was a glitch.....you should be able to see them now........
This is just like real inmate wives of Baltimore. SMH...

djkforeal

Girl Bye! i don't want her to represent me or speak for me as a natural, I have been natural just as long as her. Girl stop you ain't no hair expert.

Ms Kain

On please :rolleyes:. Her schtick is absolute coonery, and I don't care one iota whether or not it makes me classless to say it. The bottom line is that her supposed intelligence or classiness or expertise on natural hair is hidden behind her vulgar hoodrat act. Cape for her all you want, but SHE put these vidoes out of her own free will. If she wanted to be seen as classy and intelligent, she would behave that way. Until then, I'll feel free to call her a bird.:yep:

southernbella - Oh.good.gawd! I couldn't agree with you more. As soon as I saw who was on the show, I cringed. First thought? 'This is going to be straight up coonery!'

The way I see it, intelligent people do not need to habitually color their conversation with expletives and full out cursing just to get their point across. When intelligent people curse, it's because they are full on angry, are past the point of caring and are bringing the conversation down to the level of which they think the listener deserves. They do not do it because they need a filler in the place of their "Ah's" and "uhms" or to make what they're saying more enticing. But this chick? Everytime I see her she's cussing up a storm and it makes me wonder if she does that because she doesn't think that people would be interested in what she has to say without them!

Don't get me wrong, I have agreed with some of her points in the past. In fact, I saw one video and even though I agreed with her, I couldn't get passed her mouth. Even so I still tried to give her the benefit of the doubt but 3 videos later and she still didn't rein in that mouth? Uh uuuuhhhh...no thank you. I would do well for her not to sit up there representing for BW's in general. That's something we just don't need. :nono:

Tiye

As per her "black out" video. She had a web developer transferring some videos to her website and there was a glitch - it will be fixed. She has some opportunities in the pipeline which may explain why she's upgrading her web presence. She was in an accident last night, her kids were in the car with her. The car was totalled but no one is injured. She will be offline for a few days.

Kirei

As per her "black out" video. She had a web developer transferring some videos to her website and there was a glitch - it will be fixed. She has some opportunities in the pipeline which may explain why she's upgrading her web presence. She was in an accident last night, her kids were in the car with her. The car was totalled but no one is injured. She will be offline for a few days.

Thanks for the update! I hope everything works itself out for her!!

See, people need to remember under all of this youtube, hair care mess we are all real people.

I'm glad she is okay.

Raspberry

Ironic thing is, as annoyed as we are about Dr. Drew featuring these topis, bet this episode will get huge ratings, thus there will be more infuriating black women topics :ohwell:. I won't watch but I'll come back to this thread..

keenyme

Ironic thing is, as annoyed as we are about Dr. Drew featuring these topis, bet this episode will get huge ratings, thus there will be more infuriating black women topics :ohwell:. I won't watch but I'll come back to this thread..
i'll be watching lol. i know, i'm a part of the problem.

LaughingOctopus

I'm ready.

Ogoma

Debated asking my co-workers to change the channel from CNBC so I can watch this live, but I thought better of it and will make do with the updates here. Also, I don't want to be asked questions on issues I don't even fully understand.

Solitude

It seems so weird to me to watch if you don't agree with her being on...just boosts the ratings. I'm at work...could set my U-Verse from here, I guess.