Drastic Hair Texture Changes

almond eyes

Dear Ladies,

I have been reading some posts about ladies stating that they have experienced drastic hair texture changes, like 4b's to 4a's and 4a's to 3c's.

I wonder the reason for this. Could it be the fish oils, biotin, natural hair products with sulfer, msm, vitamin supplements, natural carrier oils?

I myself can state that I have always had thick hair and would venture to say that it was 4b, 4a, 3c. Within the past three years after taking biotin, fish oils and using natural hair care products with sulpher and msm as well as natural hair oils, my hair is now 4a, 3c and it is more fine. It was always a mixture of both fine and thick and maybe the density made it appear more thick than fine. But now that I am natural and out of my braid extensions the texture is becoming more obvious. My mother was surprised when I was in the States and she pressed my hair and when it was natural before I started implementing these new things it would literally take her 4.5 hours and this time it took only 90 minutes (and I had not pressed my hair in nine years). She swears that these new shampoos, conditioners and products (moisturisers) out on the market changes the afro texture and makes it easier to hold moisture thus making it less prone to breakage, less dry and changes the curl pattern.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this matter. I'm not complaining but has it happened to you and what texture did it change to?

Best,
Almond Eyes

Last edited:

metro_qt

Well,
I wouldn't say that jumping from a 4a to a 3c is a drastic change in hair texture...
drastic would be jumping from a 4 category to a 2....

I think many things could be happening with your hair... The new shampoos and processes you are doing to your hair definitely agree with it, and are maybe bringing out your hair's true texture... or even bringing out the best of your hair's texture whatever it was before...

also, you're getting older... your skin changes and so does your hair...
just like your face, which may have been prone to oiliness when you were a teen, is now dry or combination, your hair.. curl pattern and texture is able to do the same thing...4a to 3c... even 4b to 3c... all just a difference in curl pattern, not necessarily texture...

now.. if you hair went from cotton to silky smooth or started growing in 'relaxer straight' right from the roots... that's a different story...

but everything you've mentioned above can be attributed to many different things, namely geography...(do you live in the states still? if not, you have different water) time, our cells and hair age... so thickness and texture may change... and now you're taking care of yourself with the vitamins....

In all, i'm very glad it's working for you.:yep: