Drawstring Ponytails have too much hair

Ebony

I've just returned from buying my 4th drawstring ponytail
& am addicted to the 5 min baggie/drawstring method. One thing I'm finding is that they have entirely too much hair incorporated
. I don't think anyone's hair is thick as they make the hair on these things. Does anyone know what I can use to thin the hair out? Do thinning shears exist? I'm in love with the hair type I just purchased, but it has entirely too much hair. If I comb it out to make it more 4a/****, forget it. Totally bushy
! I do feel the drawstrings would look so much more realistic if they didn't put so much hair on them. I can spot them a mile away no matter what race, but regardless, i love this new accessory
. oh well.

GinuwinesBoo

hey, if you go to sallys or any other beauty supply store youll find thinning shears. they look like regular shears but with combs as blades

L

LaNecia

My mom on a recent trip from Los Angeles found a Phony Pony that was specifically designed for little girls. It said it on the package and it was not nearly as thick as ones that are usually sold. I'll look for the packaging and post who it's manufactured by. It's really cute!

candibaby

they have the ones made for little girls, and when they say half the hair of the regular ones, they mean it! they have so little hair on them that you can see the little sheer cap thingie that the drawstring is attached to!

Ebony

thanks girls. much appreciated. my bf's car will be on exhibit at the NY auto show tomorrow, so I really want to wear this new one. If not, I will wear my 2nd fav one. I'm running out to get the thinning shears for now-thanks Ginu. LaNecia, I appreciate you getting that info for me. I can't believe I waited so long to wear these things. They don't stress my hair or weigh it down at all like i initially thought.

Laginappe

This reminds me. I made my own once about a year ago. It was great beacause I could control the thickness and amount of hair I added to it. I forget why I never did it again, but I know I wore it successfully for quite a while!

L

LaNecia

I found the children pony, the package only says Isis Colletion, "Oh Girl". Good luck in finding one!

kitten73

Ebony, I agree with you. I love the phony pony but they are all too full. There is a such thing as a thinning shear, they use it the thin out weaves. you will only be able to use this is the hair in the pony is straight though, without messing it up. why don't you try cutting some of the hair out from the middle of the pony, that might work. if you mess it up, you won't be able to see it. listen, i am waiting to see your info for weaves. i have a fulk head one now and need all the advice i can get. please pm me with your tips. thanks.