Dreadlocks, Anybody have or want some?

punchinella

Does anyone here have or want dreads? I used to say if I ever went natural that I would get my hair in pretty (pencil sized) dreads. My sister has dreadlocks and she does so many cute styles. It funny because she was always the one who did not care about long hair, she would BC in a minute and now she has the longest hair of all of us (waistlength). I love neat dreads and was just wondering if anyone here has them.

Healthb4Length

I don't have them but I do them for several people. I love how beautiful cultivated locs are. I think some time in the far future I would get them for myself. I used to have pics in my fotki but no one really seemed interested so I took them down.

balisi

I'm now seriously considering locs for myself. I would start mine from comb coils for the neatest, most uniform appearance. Since my hair has a fair amount of length to it, I wonder how long it would take for the locs to form. Oh well, in the meantime, I'm wearing 2 strand twists as a "loc-like" hairstyle, experimenting with different ways to arrange them.

punchinella

balisi said:
I'm now seriously considering locs for myself. I would start mine from comb coils for the neatest, most uniform appearance. Since my hair has a fair amount of length to it, I wonder how long it would take for the locs to form. Oh well, in the meantime, I'm wearing 2 strand twists as a "loc-like" hairstyle, experimenting with different ways to arrange them.

I was thinking of doing that to see if I would even like my hair in dreads. :)

CurleeDST

Yes she cut it off because once she got the length - it less than 2 years, it got very heavy for her. She felt so much better once she cut it.

punchinella said:
Did she cut it all off?

remilaku

I have them and I love them. I have larger locs. I like the larger locs better. I did not want the small locs that looked like strands of hair. I made them bigger. I have a stronger base now also. People who do not like locs do not have them. If you had them you would love them.

Desarae

I love locs. My mom and little sis have them.

When I go back natural I will be loc'ing. I like medium/large sized locs too.

poookie

i think sisterlocs are absolutely beautiful; flattering on just about everybody i've seen wearing them. but if i had natural hair long enough to get sisterlocs, i'd just stay natural! :D