Dressing for Church Service...Mid 30's and up group

dlove

For the mid 30's and up group, It is terribly hard to maintain a youthful appearance without looking like a 95 year old.

Most of the dresses out there seem like something I would to the club (when I was a club goer), a sexy date with my man, a vacation to the islands...you get my drift. Sun dresses, sleeveless, low cut.

I don't like those "pastor wives" suits, you know, the ones you order from Lew Mangram with the diamond studs and or made of acetate. I 'm lookng for something to accentuate my figure. Something classy, conservative, but still attractively sexy without trying. Effortlessly elegant clothes.

Is there a particular brand, store, or website I can frequent?

Thanks in advance...

Nice & Wavy

For the mid 30's and up group, It is terribly hard to maintain a youthful appearance without looking like a 95 year old.

Most of the dresses out there seem like something I would to the club (when I was a club goer), a sexy date with my man, a vacation to the islands...you get my drift. Sun dresses, sleeveless, low cut.

I don't like those "pastor wives" suits, you know, the ones you order from Lew Mangram with the diamond studs and or made of acetate. I 'm lookng for something to accentuate my figure. Something classy, conservative, but still attractively sexy without trying. Effortlessly elegant clothes.

Is there a particular brand, store, or website I can frequent?

Thanks in advance...

Girl, you are not alone....:lachen::lachen:

The clothes they make now, you have to really be creative and come up with camisoles, jackets, etc. in order to look presentable, wherever you go. All these low plunging necklines, back out dresses, etc. Although they maybe cute for some, I won't wear them to church or work for that matter.

What I do is get seperates. Sometimes I have to go to more than one store to get it. But, stores like Macy's, Bloomingdales, Nordstroms...they make really nice clothes that I feel sexy in with my husband, and they make nice clothes for church. I have my suits for when I minister, but they are not those kind with all the lapels with rhinestones and stuff. Although they may be nice to some, I never did like those.

What I do is get a regular suit that fits. They, I use scarfs, chains, pins, belts, etc. It looks so nice and I always get compliments from women asking where did I get this or that.

You can do it...just use a little imagination and go to various stores. Looking like a 95 year old woman don't cut it at all....:lachen:

All the best to you!

Nice & Wavy

I love New York and Company. They have really nice clothes there. I just purchased some pants from them for $9 and they are soooooooooo nice. I got a few blouses and some jogging pants too. I love their stuff.

Good choice Nefertiti!

Butterfly08

I feel you! Those rhinestone suits are hideous and tacky, IMO. :nono: I wear primarily Ann Taylor suits, and never pay full price (I buy at the end of the season, from the Loft, or at the outlets). I can wear pant suits at my church so that is what I wear a lot. I think there is nothing like a well tailored suit. You can put a feminine top underneath, wear your hair out and curly and look very classy.

I have also purchased a lot of dresses from a store on ebay, that sells brands you can find at Macy's. If necessary, I throw a fitted sweater on top to make it more appropriate for church, especially if it's low cut. I also stick to dresses that hit my knees or SLIGHTLY below. I have skinny legs so that mid-calf length doesn't work for me.

FINALLY, I buy clothes that can be worn at work AND church. This is another reason why the rhinestone suits are not an option.

Nice & Wavy

I feel you! Those rhinestone suits are hideous and tacky, IMO. :nono: I wear primarily Ann Taylor suits, and never pay full price (I buy at the end of the season, from the Loft, or at the outlets). I can wear pant suits at my church so that is what I wear a lot. I think there is nothing like a well tailored suit. You can put a feminine top underneath, wear your hair out and curly and look very classy.

I have also purchased a lot of dresses from a store on ebay, that sells brands you can find at Macy's. If necessary, I throw a fitted sweater on top to make it more appropriate for church, especially if it's low cut. I also stick to dresses that hit my knees or SLIGHTLY below. I have skinny legs so that mid-calf length doesn't work for me.

FINALLY, I buy clothes that can be worn at work AND church. This is another reason why the rhinestone suits are not an option.

:lachen::lachen:...yes, they can be hideous!

I love to dress up....yep, do it all the time. I dress up when I wear sweats and a cap on with a ponytail coming out the back and a little mascara and lipstick. Whooooo-weee, my husband goes nuts. But, when I wear clothes for church or work, I like to look clean and feel good in my clothes. It's all in how you buy your clothes and they should fit your body, but not so much that when you bend over you hear a giant "tear"...now that ain't right....:lachen:

golden bronze

:lachen::lachen:...yes, they can be hideous!

I love to dress up....yep, do it all the time. I dress up when I wear sweats and a cap on with a ponytail coming out the back and a little mascara and lipstick. Whooooo-weee, my husband goes nuts. But, when I wear clothes for church or work, I like to look clean and feel good in my clothes. It's all in how you buy your clothes and they should fit your body, but not so much that when you bend over you hear a giant "tear"...now that ain't right....:lachen:

LOL, LOL....ITA with the above statement!! :)