Drink Water For Blingin Hair Challenge!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I've read about ladies drinking lots of water to make their hair shiny. On top of shiny hair, water helps hydrate your body (including your scalp) so it helps moisturize your hair internally! It also helps with skin issues and helps to shed pounds :yep: Many of us are dehydrated and don't even know it. Drinking water can be forgotten about during this time of year because it's cooling down. We need water ladies!!!

Rule 1: Drink enough water daily. Take your weight, divide by 2, and that's how many ounces you should be drinking daily
Rule 2: Check in daily after you've finished your daily water intake
Rule 3: Post any changes you notice in your hair and body :D

You can also post tips for drinking water like natural ways to add flavor, etc. The challenge will last till Feb 8, '09. Let's get our hair and bodies hydrated, girls!!! :fistshake:

ETA:
"Even if you are hydrating your skin on the outside, proper internal hydration is critical to maintaining total health and function of your precious epidermis. Similarly, your hair and nails will show signs of wear if your body is not getting the proper amount of water. If your nails are dry, brittle, and cracked, and you do not do anything strenuous with your hands to cause a problem with nail health, increasing your water intake could help repair your nails. Hair will be dry and damaged if the follicles are not saturated with enough moisture. The moisture is directly linked to water intake. "

Source: http://www.carefair.com/nutr...water_973.html
Review: http://maturenatural.wordpress.com/2...r-hair-health/
http://forum.hairfinity.com/viewtopic.php?t=324
http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip211301.htm
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...t=31069&page=4

Also check out www.watercure.com it makes lots of sense! The basic premise is that since our bodies are primarily water (blood is 80 percent water, bones are like 18 percent water, brain is about 30 percent water--I don't think these are exact numbers, I don't really remember what they were. I'm just improvising :lachen: Go to the website to get the exact percentages) drinking water helps alleviate all kinds of aches and pains. This doctor says that asthma, high blood pressure, back bain, arthritis and more can be cured by drinking enough water. He says if you're thirsty, you're already dehydrated. Check out the FAQ's and water facts. Interesting stuff! :yep:

Last edited:

locabouthair

I've been doing this for a month. Some days I fall off. I havent seen a change yet but I was doing it because the lady at the salon told me my hair was so dry because I dont drink enough water, plus my hair is very dull.

One thing to remember is that the water will ony affect the hair the new growth not the hair that is already on your head. So if your hair still feels dry after drinking lots of water, dont get discouraged, you have to give it time for the new growth to come in.

I like to add lime or lemon to my water. very refreshing. If you dont like drinking plain water, definitely try that. I heard adding cucumber to it is refreshing too.

Also for me, I notice I have to drink water like an hour or two after breakfast or else I wont get enough water in for the day.

I think it's good to start off slow, like aim for at least 32 oz and then gradually increase the amount.

1/2 your weight in ounces is good, but if I did that I'd be in the bath ALL day :lol:

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I'm in as well. The only water I actually like drinking is bottled because tap is just nasty and Brita doesn't do much to correct that. Anyhoo, I need to up my intake since I can down an entire large flask of coffee, daily.

sonia1965

Tiffers, thank you so much for doing this, it's bang on time for me!

I do not drink any water during the day, as a typical Brit, I drink tea with milk.

PLEASE...PLEASE...let me in?? :drunk:

Encore

Yay! sign me up pleaseee i was doing this as a personal challenge, as im sitting here im drinking the 1 Liter of Dasani water....wait i'm 135lbs:brainy: ....67.5 oz a day???...i just looked at the bottle it said 33.8 Fluid Oz. so that's about 2 a day:blush:

:drunk: I'm gonna do my bestttt :yep:

ajacks

I failed miserably at the last water challenge, but I am willing to give it a shot again.

SouthernTease

As much as I want to be a part of this...
I don't know if I can...
I suck at drinking water...
really suck... I've been trying for several years
and I'll do it for a few months and then stop...
I hear Eva Mendes drinks 3Liters per day which is pretty much 1 gallon...
I tried everything...
lemons, cucumbers...
I had one bottle for everyday of the week...
so if I missed one day I had to catch up the next day...
that made it easier... I just get bored/lazy... idk...
but I would like to revisit this.

drjo91

I started drinking lots of water because i am taking Biotin and Vitamin E. I noticed that when i cowash and come out of the shower, that my hair is SUPER SHINY as if i had put something to make it shiny lol. I heard all of the benefits of drinking lots of water so i am doing it for hair, and my health.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
After visiting www.watercure.com I just chugged down 42 oz of water!

It's very interesting and informative. This doctor says that many illnesses, affliction, pains and diseases can be cured with water. Migraines, back pain, asthma, high blood pressure, angina and more!