Drink Water For Blingin Hair Challenge!

RecipeBABY

hey ladies i have been incresing my intake of water.. and i decided to pick up a 1.5 liters to intake more then then my few cups of water i consistantly drink a day (so yes i had already started drinking more water before).. the next day i woke up.. my skin was different.. as odd as this may sound.. i do have a good skin care regime.. but i noticed i still got lil pimples and a overall tired look sometimes.. well i guess the water did the job.. my skin was really hydrated and man JUST DRINK !!!

:lick:water's the truth.. but remember.. dont go over board, too much of a good thing can be bad too.. i have heard of people dieing from consuming tooo much water at one time.. shaking my head.. always something.. but yeah DRINK IT!!!

RecipeBABY

oh and for that pee thing.. its going to happen no matter what.. but i believe the more ya body gets used to it maybe the pee flow wont feel so brand new.. that is funny tho.. we dont drink enough water and our bodies are telling us.. Bcuz your constatly peeing..lmaoo

morehairplease

I am trying ladies......drinking water is not the norm for me. For the past two days, I have been drinking 3-4 liters of water. Hopefully, I can keep this up for the remainder of the week and it becomes habit.

bubasdhter

hey ladies i have been incresing my intake of water.. and i decided to pick up a 1.5 liters to intake more then then my few cups of water i consistantly drink a day (so yes i had already started drinking more water before).. the next day i woke up.. my skin was different.. as odd as this may sound.. i do have a good skin care regime.. but i noticed i still got lil pimples and a overall tired look sometimes.. well i guess the water did the job.. my skin was really hydrated and man JUST DRINK !!!

:lick:water's the truth.. but remember.. dont go over board, too much of a good thing can be bad too.. i have heard of people dieing from consuming tooo much water at one time.. shaking my head.. always something.. but yeah DRINK IT!!!

That does make since. I will try that. I only did 3 of our 9 cups yesterday. I got frustrated with ahving to go to the bathroom. :wallbash: Thanks! :yep:

Eisani

I always have to use the bathroom anyway, so I guess the frequent pit stops don't bother me :giggle:. I've been doing approx 84 oz. daily and feeling good. Nice and regular, too :look:.

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
I am trying ladies......drinking water is not the norm for me. For the past two days, I have been drinking 3-4 liters of water. Hopefully, I can keep this up for the remainder of the week and it becomes habit.

Tishee, as a Nurse, I have to warn you that 3-4 liters of water may be too much to consume in one day. This amount of water can cause a severe decrease in your blood sodium level. Sodium is an electrolyte that is vital to daily bodily function, and when it gets too low, leading to a condition called hyponatremia, you can experience nausea, vomiting, fatigue, confusion, and in worse case scenarios, coma and death.

Increased physical activity may call for a slight increase of water intake, but water intoxication is a real condition, and there have been reports of people dying from drinking too much water.

I don't want to scare or discourage you, continue to drink plenty of water, I just felt the need to warn you because I care for my LHCF sisters too much to see something bad happen to them.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Since no one's updated in a few days, I take it that all ya'll blankety-blanks ain't been drinkin your water! :lachen:

I can't talk, I haven't been doing too great. Not bad, though. I've been getting about HALF of what I should be getting, but that's better than nothing, right? :look:

I've been purposely avoiding this thread cause I KNOW I'm wrong! :lol:

I've gotten back on it though. I'm taking vitamins now, so I have to drink lots of H20. I always remember water when I have a vitamin reggie :yep:

morehairplease

Tishee, as a Nurse, I have to warn you that 3-4 liters of water may be too much to consume in one day. This amount of water can cause a severe decrease in your blood sodium level. Sodium is an electrolyte that is vital to daily bodily function, and when it gets too low, leading to a condition called hyponatremia, you can experience nausea, vomiting, fatigue, confusion, and in worse case scenarios, coma and death.

Increased physical activity may call for a slight increase of water intake, but water intoxication is a real condition, and there have been reports of people dying from drinking too much water.

I don't want to scare or discourage you, continue to drink plenty of water, I just felt the need to warn you because I care for my LHCF sisters too much to see something bad happen to them.

thanks Mai Tai. I have been drinking 96 oz. instead and so far so good.

empressri

I notice if I don't drink enough water, and I'm drinking other stuff instead, my body begins CRAVING water, so that's what I drink mostly. I get a sip of tea, green tea or soda, but I needs my water!! I never attributed it to hair growth though, so cool to know!

morehairplease

I got all of my water in for yesterday and am working on today.

ETA: Completed today's 80 oz. I have been up and down my stairs so many times to potty it is crazy.

Last edited:

Eisani

I notice if I don't drink enough water, and I'm drinking other stuff instead, my body begins CRAVING water, so that's what I drink mostly. I get a sip of tea, green tea or soda, but I needs my water!! I never attributed it to hair growth though, so cool to know!
I literally get nauseous if I don't drink enough water. Headaches, too. I can't drink soda @ all because of my meds (makes it taste like carbonated metal :barf:) so water is really my only option. Or vodka :look: :lachen:

naijanikki

I've been bad and have only had 30-40 oz a day since I started.:naughty:
I think it will be easier once I start my vacation. Usually I'm too busy during the day to get it all in. But today I'm starting NOW!!!

SunnyDelight

I'm getting my water in. For those who have a hard time drinking water, sip on a 16 oz bottle while sucking on a candy cane. Makes the water go down easier.

happy drinking. SD

ajiamarie

I've decided to stop lurking and join the site and the challenge. I drank my entire 8 cups jug yesterday and I'm going to aim to keep it up. Thanks for starting this challenge!

RecipeBABY

its not as tuff as it seems.. but i have been slacking on the 1.5 liters bottles.. i do the regular bottle water.. im noticing a true change in my skin as well

RecipeBABY

That does make since. I will try that. I only did 3 of our 9 cups yesterday. I got frustrated with ahving to go to the bathroom. :wallbash: Thanks! :yep:

no problem girl.. but yeah it cleanse the vagina well.. lmao all that peein we doing.. plies will have his wish "smell like water"..lol

changedlife

I am late but I am in. I haven't been drinking water for 4 months, and I know that's one of the causes of hair issues that I am facing right now.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Got most of my water in yesterday. It's hard to keep track of how much I'm drinking because my dang kids keep drinking out of my cup when I'm not looking! :lol:

I've gotten about 30 oz in so far today

ajiamarie

I was horrible with my water for Thanksgiving but I'm going to try to get back on track today. How is everyone else doing?

morehairplease

For the past two days, I have been getting my 80 oz. of water in usually before noon. Hopefully today I will be able to do the same.