Drink Your Water Challenge

EzrasNumberOneFan

TheLORDisMyShepherd
I drink a bunch of coffee, so I think getting my water in will balance it out! I don't add sugar to my coffee anymore,since I use the flavored creamers.
I'm under 120 pounds! lol I used to be a lot bigger, but have managed to stay at this weight for over 3 years! I'm short too if that makes more sense I don't look good with too much weight on me. I will look like secret squirrel :lachen:

Girl I'm in the under 130 club too but I still need 64 oz . did you divide your weight by two? because you'd have to be 40-48 pounds to need 20 oz

Evolving78

Girl I'm in the under 130 club too but I still need 64 oz . did you divide your weight by two? because you'd have to be 40-48 pounds to need 20 oz
Not by two. Maybe I did my math wrong? Lol
I don't know what I did!!! Lol
But I just weighted myself and I'm 114, so it would be 57oz. I did 114 x .5
So around 640z is good.

I thought I was getting away with something.

Last edited:

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
I am in!!! I just happened to challenge myself yesterday. Perfect timing!!! I am aiming for 64-68 oz on no workout days and 80oz on workout days. I thought I would aim for 22 days and then take it from there.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
I have one more bottle left.

This is the bottle I have in magenta. I thought it was 16oz but that says 20. Whoops
IMG_1472.PNG

Royalq

i will struggle but i'll try. I started drinking more water since Monday. Ive been drinking about 2-3 liters. I dont think i could hit a gallon. But so far within a day my skin feels softer.

Daina

It seems everyone gets a gallon in. Can I ask why so much? I heard half your body weight in oz?? I'm starting to feel insecure about my little 64 oz. But you know what? I'm not gonna try to do more. I know if I do I'll start feeling stressed and give up. Plus I'm already waking up each night needing to use the bathroom lol.

Some side effects so far:

Skin changes. I woke up with two bump-like pimples (I never get pimples) and I think it's because my body is detoxifying. But on the bright side my skin was literally glowing and my legs didn't need lotion. What in the world?

Needing to pee all the time. This is a not so good side effect. My sleep was horrible last night. So today I'm trying to get my bladder empty by finishing my water at least 3 hours before bed. It doesn't help that I have an extremely weak bladder from holding it too much... sigh.

Lastly, I think my body was dehydrated before so I didn't crave water at all, but now that I'm getting enough I need it. I drank more than 64 oz yesterday and I'm almost done with my amount for today. it's like it's in use-up-water-mode whereas before it wasn't.

@Israellabaht, the half your body weight is a general rule to help people have something to target since most people barely get in 20 oz per day. I drink a gallon a day because water is my beverage of choice. I don't drink coffee and limit the other type of beverages I drink. I do drink tea, mainly bamboo tea and have a lovejones for cold sweet tea which I have to watch. I have a 64oz cool gear water bottle that I fill up in the morning and challenge myself to take 10 good sips every 30 minutes. I'm typically finished with my first 64 oz by lunch time, so I refill again and finish the 2nd 64 oz over the balance of the day typically done by 8 pm and that's how I get a gallon in. Using the sip method helped me not to think about how much 128 oz per day was going to be. Giving myself that mini-challenge or goal made it easier to accomplish. It took me about 7-10 days to get up to the gallon regularly. Also once your body gets used to drinking that much water the frequent bathroom trips taper down to a more normal schedule. My skin, hair and nails have benefitted tremendously since I started making sure I am properly hydrated. I know right away when I haven't had enough as my body immediately feels different. Funny enough it's easier for me to get in a gallon per day during the week at work, the weekend is where I struggle. I typically only do about 64 oz per day on the weekend.

EzrasNumberOneFan

TheLORDisMyShepherd
@Israellabaht, the half your body weight is a general rule to help people have something to target since most people barely get in 20 oz per day. I drink a gallon a day because water is my beverage of choice. I don't drink coffee and limit the other type of beverages I drink. I do drink tea, mainly bamboo tea and have a lovejones for cold sweet tea which I have to watch. I have a 64oz cool gear water bottle that I fill up in the morning and challenge myself to take 10 good sips every 30 minutes. I'm typically finished with my first 64 oz by lunch time, so I refill again and finish the 2nd 64 oz over the balance of the day typically done by 8 pm and that's how I get a gallon in. Using the sip method helped me not to think about, wow I'm drinking a gallon a day. Also once your body gets used to drinking that much water the frequent bathroom trips taper down to a more normal schedule. My skin, hair and nails have benefitted tremendously since I started making sure I am properly hydrated. I know right away when I haven't had enough as my body immediately feels different. Funny enough it's easier for me to get in a gallon per day during the week at work, the weekend is where I struggle. I typically only do about 64 ox per day on the weekend.

Oh okay. I could probably do a gallon (since starting this challenge I found a method that helps me finish 64 oz easy by like 1 pm. I use a large cup and finish one when I wake up, then another for breakfast. After that I only have 1 and a few sips left to go so by lunch I'm done) but I don't wanna ruin a good thing by biting off more than I can chew. and yes my skin has been amazing!

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
This challenge is right on time for me. Please count me in. I'm doing so bad trying to drink half my body weight so this challenge will make me more accountable. I will start tomorrow cuz the sooner the better for me :yep:. I forgot to add that I need 73.5 oz per day until I start to lose weight.

Last edited: