Drink Your Water Challenge

Aggie

I see some people (cough cough Aggie cough cough) struggling, so I wanted to recommend a few things:

A big cup! A 10 oz cup is too small. Its kind of like how taking smaller bites makes you feel like you ate more, you know? So you feel full from those little cups. Plus the memory part, having to refill up more prolongs the responsibility. If you use a bigger cup you won't have to refill as often, and you can say in your head "just finish three of these and I'm done" as motivation. You'll be way more likely to finish, trust me.

I also recommend a pitcher (or a bottle large enough to contain all of your water for the day). Using a pitcher and just filling it up with how much you want to finish by the end of the day is an easy way to make sure you get it all down. So you'll just know that that pitcher should be empty by the time you go to sleep (or a few hours before then for my ladies who pee a lot, me included :() without having to count cups and everything. Counting cups is the fastest way to not make it... that's math and misery :lachen: If you can't keep a pitcher at work, I recommend getting serious about a 64 oz water bottle. I also like this since my pitcher is only ever halfway full, which makes me feel like its not a lot. Its abot 3.5 cups for me. I finish by like 2:00.

Drink a large cup with each meal. Don't stop till its gone. Another thing that makes it hard is feeling like you're just randomly dropping life and drinking water. You can't keep that up. That will put you in "temporary habit" mode. This isn't just for the challenge, you should think of it as for ever. If you don't find a way to make it fit your life, it won't ever become a permanent habit. So drink with meals.

Lastly, large gulps. Don't think while you drink, and open your throat as big as you can! You'll get used to it. It will become automatic. If you actually taste the water you're not going to able to finish. Because water is naaaaasty when you're not thirsty.

Hope this helps somebody. God bless :D

I think the largest cup I'll drink at once is maybe a 12 oz cup. This way I will only need 6-7 cups instead of 8 cups. Believe me, that helps a lot. I'm trying to drink up about 80 oz of water a day but 72 oz will be just fine too.

EzrasNumberOneFan

TheLORDisMyShepherd
I finished my 64 oz for today. I've been experiencing softer, less dry skin, especially on my legs and arms. I still had to use my vitamin E on my legs after showering though. I got that weird "dont-let-me-dry-without-moisturizer-or-its-over" feeling while I was air drying so I knew it was time. :lachen:But I'm glad to say that tomorrow I will have successfully completed seven days of thorough hydration. My face, neck and hands are glowing though so thank The LORD! I'm also glad to know my eyes and tongue are safe, and I've adjusted to the bathroom breaks like some said I would.

One bad side effect I've noticed is I get super hungry quickly now, so I'm trying to finish faster to avoid that feeling after lunch and dinner. I think its because I'm digesting everything faster. Eating more has never made me gain weight, so thats not a concern, but it isn't Godly to eat like I am and it's also highly annoying. :mad: It could also be because I've been eating mostly low calorie foods so I just imagine I'm eating more than I am. Eggs and oatmeal burn up fast. I hope thats the case because gluttony isn't good.

I'll try paying attention to whether I'm eating extra or under eating. But thats all. Good luck ladies!

Tefnut

Hmm, I may be down for this.

Right now, I'm averaging about 50.7 oz a day. That will probably double as I begin working out this week.

For now 50.7 oz. When I consistently hit 100 oz, that'll be my new daily goal.

The bottle on the right is the one I drink out of. I like this water and fill up the bottle with spring water when I finish. So 2 of these a day is my goal. I find I drink more water when I drink out of bottles.

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
Today was hard for me today since I woke up late. I fell short today but thankfully tomorrow is Monday. I do way better during the work week. I will do better next weekend. At least I've achieved my goal yesterday.

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
The work week is so much easier for me. I got half my water intake in already. I should be at goal by the time I leave work today. My evening water will just be an added bonus :yep:.

Aggie

Believe it or not, I've had 3 cups so far for the day and it's still early :happydance:. I say that because i got up late this morning.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
One bad side effect I've noticed is I get super hungry quickly now, so I'm trying to finish faster to avoid that feeling after lunch and dinner. I think its because I'm digesting everything faster. Eating more has never made me gain weight, so thats not a concern, but it isn't Godly to eat like I am and it's also highly annoying. :mad: It could also be because I've been eating mostly low calorie foods so I just imagine I'm eating more than I am. Eggs and oatmeal burn up fast. I hope thats the case because gluttony isn't good.

I'll try paying attention to whether I'm eating extra or under eating. But thats all. Good luck ladies!
Keep in mind you are still growing, so the extra calories may be needed.

I need to get in on this and work up to a gallon daily.

EzrasNumberOneFan

TheLORDisMyShepherd
Finished over 64 oz today. Excited because I (one) started late and (two) got in an extra six or so ounces from drinking apple cider. I just downed like 3 cups in 30 minutes. I figure I'll just do that to get it done before lunch and dinner. I also realized that I was actually under eating before when I was feeling hungry. Silly me thought three boiled eggs would be enough food until 12. :badgirl: I was also eating cookies a lot, so the sugar was causing that annoying hungry. Thank the LORD thats over. So for anyone wondering, I don't think the water will increase hunger (that would suck).

And today is officially one week of proper hydration for me! :) Who else? Congrats! And good luck everybody.