*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters

LoveLiLi

Awww, Love~ do you have a hand mixer/blender? That's what I used before I bought a blender. it did a great job. I just poured my cocktail out of a bowl and into a glass. Didn't miss a beat. Good news, you'll probably find something really reasonable right about now, ya know? I picked up my little smoothie maker from WalMart for $10 on clearance a few years ago - I bet you can find a better quality one for about the same price. Check your local Ross, TJMaxx or Marshall's, too. They always have great appliance for little dough. HTH!

That's the only upside. I loved that blender, hopefully I can find the same model, but really cheap.

lillylovely

Hey all, I have done some research and am laying off the cocoa nibs for good:nono:. I thought I was posting something harmless that would help others - there was a lesson to learn there in controlling my health food junkyism. Thank you so much tallnomad for posting your concerns.

Still cocktailing it and loving it:lick:

xxxx

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Thanks for sharing info, Lily, no harm done. The information about cocoa nibs (that's just funny to say, right there) causing potential harm came early in the thread. That's enough time for anyone to STOP before trying them long-term. I always mull over things for a while b4 taking the plunge. I appreciate your enthusiasm. :^)

Getting my cocktail on, y'all.

ayoung

Getting back to this (again) My hair loved this drink earlier in the year--got good growth and thickness from Jan 2009-May 09 while drinking it. (stopped in the summer b/c my skin seemed oilier--maybe from the fat in the yoke--idk)

So---had one yest and today. 1 egg 8oz of soy milk (my old faithful). Im gonna try and check in when I have one to keep me accountable and get me back on track :yep:

So--like last time, for the cold months I will have one daily (maybe 2). I come outta my sewin next week and will take 'before' pics and will update every few months like last time.

:cheers:

ActionActress

Didn't do my cocktail yet, I will later today after my coffee. I didn't want to kill my egg nutrients, so I am going to wait until everything "processes". I usually take my 1 (sometimes) 2 eggs, with my protein powder (half a scoop) in the morning then go workout. Sometimes I take the second egg by itself--no problems. I gagged once because I was studying the little white "umbilical cord" on it and it got to my head...LOL.

I am hoping to see some good growth in time.

ActionActress

You've got me curious now - What is the Leviticus 11 diet??

It is the diet in the book of Lev. (ch. 11) in the Bible. :yawn:
Take note of the foods that we're not suppose to eat....they are earth cleaners. i.e. (swine, shrimp, catfish, certain animal eating birds like vultures.)

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

ActionA~ That's so funny! Your gag reflex - I mean, I went through a couple of years of not eating eggs just because of that. It would give me the willies to even think of it. Ick. But for some growth? Come on umbilical chord! Sorry, vegans :^( .

ActionActress

Ca-Ching. That's the sound of me paying for raw cocoa nibs. LOL. Lily, you have started something. I'm gonna research this - especially if it causes weight loss. :grin:. Thanks for the heads up.

It's easy to forget that this drink is for regrowing hair...it really is a HEALTHY Superfood program, if you will. You won't confuse anyone, just keep on sharing all those new ingredients you find. And i'll keep saving my $$ to buy 'em.

Welcome Egglette ActionActress to our Nest!! Woop Woop! A thanksgiving blessing, that's what you are! I like the way you just dived right in! Not sure about the Niacin flush...so long ago, I might have had it and disregarded it. Sound like you've got some information to share, Chica. Leviticus 11 Diet, huh? What results have you obtained from it and in what length of time?

You've got to come on with it, now ActionA. :yep: Tell us more, tell us more!

Awww, Love~ do you have a hand mixer/blender? That's what I used before I bought a blender. it did a great job. I just poured my cocktail out of a bowl and into a glass. Didn't miss a beat. Good news, you'll probably find something really reasonable right about now, ya know? I picked up my little smoothie maker from WalMart for $10 on clearance a few years ago - I bet you can find a better quality one for about the same price. Check your local Ross, TJMaxx or Marshall's, too. They always have great appliance for little dough. HTH!

(Well this diet I go by is a really great diet for overall health. When I first started doing this diet, it took a while to wean myself from the bottom feeders. This diet is basically the diet jews go by. That niacin flush I have noticed a few times and I can only attribute it towards the egg. I have not been taking any B-complex or niacin, and I haven't been taking my Biotin or B5. We'll see the results in time with this egg hair growth tonic.

Stay Blessed Bronze!!)

ActionActress

Because I'm an Eager Beaver, I googled Leviticus Diet and found this from EHow...just thought I'd share. ActionA, I expect a full report - at your earliest convenience, ofcourse. :grin:

The Leviticus Diet Food Plan

Contributor
By Sarah Ince
eHow Contributing Writer Article Rating: (0 Ratings)

The Leviticus diet food plan is a biblical based diet that has been around for thousands of years. The diet is based on sound principles that involve clean food laws and certain methods of food preparation. The Leviticus diet is a very balanced diet, which includes healthy grains, meats like lamb and chicken, along with raw fruits and vegetables. The diet excludes certain meats like swine that are not considered healthy according to the laws in the Bible.

1. Raw Fruits/Vegetables, Grains and Seeds
  2. Eat plenty of raw fruits and vegetables each day. The Leviticus diet involves eating a lot of uncooked foods, as in ancient times people did not cook their vegetables. Instead they ate them raw and plain with bitter herbs and sometimes olive oil. Raw honey was used rather than artificial sweeteners.

Jordan Ruben, in his book The Makers Diet, talks about the importance of small fruits like grapes, berries and figs. He says that figs are mentioned over fifty times throughout the Bible. The scripture (Gen 3:7) speaks of the importance of figs -- they are sweet fruits that contains high levels of concentrated nutrients and fiber. They help to keep digestion regular and have been prized since ancient times.

The Bible also speaks very highly of grapes. After the flood, grapes were one of the first new crops that Noah planted (Gen 9:20). In ancient times grapes were eaten fresh or dried and made into wine. Grapes were a common staple during this time.

Seeds were also vital during biblical times, as they are a rich source of B vitamins needed for energy. Barley and wheat are the grains mentioned in the Bible and are perfectly healthy for most people. However, some people do have an allergy to wheat. If this is you, avoid grains, but be sure to implement everything else in the Leviticus diet plan.

Goats milk was also the milk of choice in biblical days because it is high in amino acids and easy to digest. Goats milk does have a different taste as compared to cows milk, but after you drink this milk for a few months you will acquire a taste for it.Clean and Unclean Meats
  3. Eat clean meats like salmon, chicken and beef. Leviticus 11:2-23 goes into great detail about which animals are considered clean and which are unclean. The main instruction is that clean animals need to chew the cud and have a cloven hoof.

Chewing the cud is when an animal like a cow chews its food over and over again to aid digestion. Even though camels chew the cud, they are still not considered clean because they do not have a cloven hoof. Pigs have cloven hoofs, but they do not chew the cud. Clean meats come from cows, turkey and buffalo.

Leviticus also advises to eat only fish with fins and scales. Bottom dwellers like shellfish and crab should be avoided. In addition, birds like eagles, falcons and white owls should not be eaten. Grasshoppers are permitted.Healthy Fats and Oils
  4. Eat generous portions of healthy fats and oils. Your body needs essential fatty acids such as omega-3 fats. Omega-3 fats are found in nuts and seeds. You can also get your daily intake of omega-3 fats from cod liver oil or flax seed oil. Other healthy oils are olive oil and grapeseed oil. Your body needs this kind of fat to reduce inflammation and lubricate the joints.

Leviticus 7:23-25 says not to eat the fat of an animal because it is an abomination. The Bible also says not to eat the blood of any animal.Hydration
  5. The Leviticus diet plan also involves drinking eight to ten glasses of pure water each day. Pure water is essential because water is the transport system for nutrients; it carries vitamins and minerals to the cells and removes waste.

Ok Bronze you got it!!! I am behind and I may some stuff because this thread has so much on it. Also forgive me if I repeat things or ask the same questions.

But the Creator is very wise about what our body should have. It does come with instructions on how to treat it. :grin:

ayoung

My family followed the 'What would Jesus Eat' way of eating for months...its taken from Lev. I'm pretty sure.

I def. felt better and it makes sense not to eat certain animals (to me)...but we all gradually fell off:ohwell:

It is the diet in the book of Lev. (ch. 11) in the Bible. :yawn:
Take note of the foods that we're not suppose to eat....they are earth cleaners. i.e. (swine, shrimp, catfish, certain animal eating birds like vultures.)

ayoung

Girl, that thing STILL gets to me sometimes :nono: All kind of thoughts go through my head :lol:
Didn't do my cocktail yet, I will later today after my coffee. I didn't want to kill my egg nutrients, so I am going to wait until everything "processes". I usually take my 1 (sometimes) 2 eggs, with my protein powder (half a scoop) in the morning then go workout. Sometimes I take the second egg by itself--no problems. I gagged once because I was studying the little white "umbilical cord" on it and it got to my head...LOL.

I am hoping to see some good growth in time.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

ActionA~ take your time, no problemo
AYoung~ just drink it down, don't look at it or think about it!

Offtopic - this is how I feel about Chlorella. It made me so ill, i get woozy just thinking about it.

ActionActress

ActionA~ take your time, no problemo
AYoung~ just drink it down, don't look at it or think about it!

Offtopic - this is how I feel about Chlorella. It made me so ill, i get woozy just thinking about it.[/QUOTE]

It's actually been some years since I've had Chlorella. Not sure if it made a difference in my growth but it did help with the hungries. I used to mix it with my carrot juice mix.

ActionActress

Ok see now I am getting a "niacin like flush" on my ears, very slight. I just had the drink and two eggs.:perplexed And doesn't take long for that feeling to come on.

So what kind of growth has everyone been getting so far?

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I'm getting impressive growth AND thickness. However, bcs my hair was damaged, i've trimmed quite a bit as it's grown out. I may get an inch or a little less, per month. I haven't officially measured and i keep my hair in protective styles most of the time. I will say that I'm quite pleased with what I've gotten and i'm encouraged to keep going with the cocktail - if it wasn't bringing results, i wouldn't go through the trouble. The big, big plus is that my hair is thickening. The way I see it, hair will grow as long as it isn't ripped out or broken, just give it some time. The challenge is to thicken hair.

ActionActress

I already have thick hair, but I wouldn't mind it being denser! I love very thick hair. The growth part is the icing on the cake for me.
I have also started taking my super silica plus with my concoction also. So not only thickness but shine as well.

ayoung

I know I always post this when people ask about growth--but I don't have any other pics :lol: (yet)

My growth pics are on page 274 and 280. (hth)

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
still haven't been cocktailing. there will be more normalcy in my life now, so I plan on getting back down to business. I went to the grocery store today so there's no excuses!

happy cocktailing and welcome to all the newest egglettes.

my fotki is back up and running and I am working on updates. No pics for december yet since the month just started. If I take any at all it will be close to or after my 4 year anniversary being natural...and then I will be starting year 5.

time is flying by!!!

nakialovesshoes

:hiya:ladies.
I had said that I was going to wait until I had finished reading the entire thread before I posted. But I'm so excited, I can't wait. For the last 2 days I've been drinking two raw eggs by themselves because I felt like I needed a blender & that just wasn't in the budget. But God is good & you ladies are AWESOME. Someone posted about the single use blender - back then it was $14, now it's a dollar or two more but definitely affordable. I went to Wal-Mart today & got one. Then I went to WF & got the Red Mill wheat germ & the Viobin wheat germ oil. I wanted to splurge & get the other oil they had since some said that Viobin was nasty but I'm on a serious budget these days.

Of course I wanted to run home & drink my shake immediately but we have dinner at church on Wednesday nights & I didn't have a 2 hour window. I've been vegetarian for 19 days now & doing chlorella & spirulina. I only had a plain baked potato (no butter) with chives, a salad & a piece of bread @church so when I got home I was still hungry.

I immediately made my shake with:
  • A frozen banana
  • 3 strawberries
  • 1 Tbsp Wheat Germ Oil
  • 2 Tbsps Wheat Germ
  • 2 Tbsps Udo's 3-6-9 blend w/DHA
  • 3/4 cup of whole milk
  • 2 raw organic brown eggs
I didn't know what to expect taste wise but it was DELISH!!!! There was def a nutty taste but nothing bad. Even my 3 year old had some & liked it. He wants everything that he sees me eating or drinking.
:dance7::band:
I can attest to the feeling of fullness. I feel like I went to a restaurant & went to town. I also bought some Now brand lecithin granules but I forgot to put them in. Because I'm trying to lose weight, I will be doing 2 of these a day & only eating one solid food meal.

BTW ladies, should I just use the recommended dosage on the bottle for the lecithin? I ordered the book (not Dale Alexander, the other one) & it was shipped today.

I'm on a personal hide my hair challenge. Currently I'm in cornrows under a wig. I've had the cornrows in for almost 4 weeks & I have 3/4" - 1+ inch of newgrowth in different areas. I think that the chlorella/spirulina may have given me a growth spurt.

I can only imagine what this shake is going to do for me. Visual: me this time next year in a :iroc: with freshly BKT'd full MBL (skimming WL) hair blowing in the breeze. :grin:

Bronze you are the best. Thanks for sharing this!

Okay

and also, hemp protein is very very good for the hair.
also rich in protein, if someone is worried about eating raw eggs.