*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

oh no mama! I dont think anyone is wanting to discourage others at all, at least thats not my thinking. I think others are just adding information they believe is relevant to the thread , you know how that goes, its not a diss the thread or OP OR Idea at all. I know oftentimes things get taken that way , I hope you know thats not what I meant at all

No harm taken, you have a lot of valuable info to share...

I used to do raw eggs at Orange Julius, I just did it cause I thought it was a good thing to do, I remember tummy aches sometimes but also feeling better than before the egg in other ways. I remember that little slime in my throat after, but I survived it and it wasnt so bad :spinning:

At least I'm staying regular, now...:blush: and for me that is a good thing, no sliminess to speak of, Thank God, because I don't know if I could hack that...

for reals though I was genuinely concerned about both the salmonella and biotin thing. I just 'as usual' would hate to see anyone suffer in some 'major set back' kinda of way to gain long hair

That would be terrible, and you are correct, I've heard the threats as well. Thanks for being a voice of caution.

Ive been 'rode' hard around here over things when that truly is my only hearts intention , God knows!

Yeah, I have noticed that...

not being a nay sayer at all girl! not at all!

one lesson I learned is that yes it can be taken real personal when you come across as telling others what they should and shouldnt do with their hair, suppplements etc. trust me , LESSON LEARNED GIRL!

I want you to have long beautiful hair and for you to reap all your hearts desires from the God that is more than able, hey he has lead me places that others could not fathom going, so you know what! I hear you-do what you feel lead to do- screw the rest OKAY

Girl, you are too much!

including me! hehe, but you know sometimes people are set in place also to point out something that God knows for whatever reason might be an issue for them, so its like a yellow flag for them, but not for everybody

hope that made sense It does.

I would do this easily if not for my worries Always do what's right for you and if you feel hesitation, then maybe there is something in your body's makeup that would not work well with this. Everything does not work for everyone, I too, have learned that...

Like you none of us have the exact break downs , so I dont know if the worries I had/have would even be founded in total facts , truth and scientific studies, was just voicing the concerns, not against the idea 'for you' just adding info ......you know? Mosdef.

eta: since I'm on that page, be sure your taking your B complex and three times the Vitamin C for that l-cysteine girl and of course getting the rest of your protein! Sorry I cant help myself but to be on the look out on certain things and speak up , its my downfall in some ways but also a blessing , thats a large dose your taking girl, I love it too though! pls just be careful :kiss:
That's something I never did consistently, taking my b-complex, that is. And I never took the vitamin c, well when i did, it wasn't on purpose. I'll get on top of that. Thanks, Iris.

~smooches~ :kiss: ~right back at cha~

Girl, look Hon, I'm looking for my drink to get me some hair like yours, To God Be All The Glory!!! LOL! :grin:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Yesterday was my third day drinking my egg and milk mixture. I haven't experienced any ill effects so I will be continuing with this challenge.
Great, Xavier, I too, have done very well, so keep up the good work...

now I did go and add MSM to my mix and eeewww!:ohwell: Not a good combo, why did I think it would be undetectable?

That's why some recipes should not be tampered with...LOL! I'll have to take my MSM at night.

Xavier, girl, your hair is gonna sprout! I can just see it!:yep:

d-rock

I'm not a fan of ingesting any unborn animal fetus, not to mention the health risks involved with consuming raw poultry. I'm sure this recipe would work just as well with an alternative protein source.

MonaRae

To the more experienced (raw egg) ladies how long did it take for you to really notice the egg effect? :rolleyes:

girlcherokee

I'm not a fan of ingesting any unborn animal fetus, not to mention the health risks involved with consuming raw poultry. I'm sure this recipe would work just as well with an alternative protein source.
this is exactly what my sister said :lachen::lachen:
girl go find your alternative protien source!

girlcherokee

To the more experienced (raw egg) ladies how long did it take for you to really notice the egg effect? :rolleyes:
it takes me about a month to begin to see the difference in the shine and overall health of my hair(and skin - a bonus).
and with growth, my hair grows in sprurts so it will rest for up to 6 weeks and then grows for 6 weeks - so usually during the next spurt it really spurts(the last one was over 3 inches)! overall - i feel a lot better as well and i also notice the difference when i work out because i seem to have a bit more stamina. not sure of what the science is with that though since i really dont do it for that.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

No prob, d-rock, you go for yours the way that you know how.....
I think it took about 3 weeks for me to notice some difference, however, things were sooo hectic for me during that time, I couldn't really appreciate it. I do remember I received alot of compliments during the time I took this drink. As for energy and concentration, that was immediate. I can definitely vouch for the stamina increase.

thinkpinkprincess

um is there any way that i can like, whip up the shake sans the egg and just cook the egg instead and make an omelete? lol can I get results that way?

MonaRae

I know you don't believe anyone when we say that you really don't taste it. I believe it was Cherokia-Rose who said you just need to get past the mental part of it. And she was so right about that. My mind told me what to expect but my tongue didn't agree and now I absolutely love it. :lick: I amost had 2 of them! :yep:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

um is there any way that i can like, whip up the shake sans the egg and just cook the egg instead and make an omelete? lol can I get results that way?
Well, I think you would definitely benefit from the protein from boiled eggs, per say, but maximum benefit from this cocktail is with raw eggs...I know you don't want to hear that, but TRUST US, you will not taste egg in any fashion with this drink. Make sure to blend all ingredients and throw in some fruit and you'll be in Hair Heaven...see below....

I know you don't believe anyone when we say that you really don't taste it. I believe it was Cherokia-Rose who said you just need to get past the mental part of it. And she was so right about that. My mind told me what to expect but my tongue didn't agree and now I absolutely love it. :lick: I amost had 2 of them! :yep:
I am thinking of adding two eggs to my shake, really, or taking them twice daily, like morning and night....they are delish! :lick: And I am picky...

Can you taste the egg? I dont like eggs
No, ma'am, you can not taste the egg...I think that is the best part of it all...I think I'll have one tonight!
Join me, anyone? Cheers!:spinning:

Duchesse

This is my third day of the shake, and I've had no intestinal problems yet :grin:, that was my main fear. My experiment will last until the end of the month.

I just made a smoothie with strawberries, pineapples, orange juice, soy milk, wheat germ and an egg..it was delish!

I can't wait until my book arrives and read about all the other natural stuff inside..I keep checking the mail like a fiend. Thanks again!

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

This is my third day of the shake, and I've had no intestinal problems yet :grin:, that was my main fear. My experiment will last until the end of the month. Me either, actually, I think I'm healing some intestinal issues with this drink, surprise, surprise!

I just made a smoothie with strawberries, pineapples, orange juice, soy milk, wheat germ and an egg..it was delish! Ooooh, creative, I was looking at that OJ this morning, like should I or shouldn't I....

I can't wait until my book arrives and read about all the other natural stuff inside..I keep checking the mail like a fiend. Thanks again!
You are quite welcome, my dear!

spacetygrss

Ladies make sure you take pics of your hair (if you normally do that) so that you can keep track of your progress. I find this interesting.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Ladies make sure you take pics of your hair (if you normally do that) so that you can keep track of your progress. I find this interesting.

I definitely will...I'm hoping to pick up a digicam this weekend!! I'm glad you are interested....give it some thought, you may wanna join us in this challenge.

PuffyBrown

Howdy,

Its me again....
I went to get my raw wheat germ, wheatgerm oil, and I am also going to toss some flaxseed in there. I finished my research and validated the "raw egg" issue and found multiple validations stating that 1 out of 30,000 eggs contains salmon..bacteria./ also you can build up immunity to counter off any of the "bad" sal. bacteria by introducting a probiotic dietary supplement (which I am already taking). For the consumption of too much egg whites resulting in a deficiency of biotin, I would think biotin and/or biosil supplements would help rebuild it but I am no scientist. Also, the egg white taken along with the yolk also reduces the deficiency.

I am going to use organic dehydrated egg yolks. I found a couple of sites but nothing for sure yet. Whole Foods had a egg replacement product so I purchased that until I can find the egg powder. I am not going to do the raw egg deal but I have had these drinks during childhood and never became ill from it...

tonight I followed the recipe adding the flaxseed, cinnamon, vanilla extract and a pack of splenda. Drinky drink. Hoping to wake up with waist length hair in the morning. "Keep Hope Alive"

ps..I am going to need some flavor to add that I can put in my shaker bottle without having too use a blender. Do you guys think if I added some of my vanilla flavored gensoy, or another flavored protein powder that it will be too much protien? If so, what can I use for flavor without having to bust out that bigA blender?

Last edited:

thinkpinkprincess

This is my third day of the shake, and I've had no intestinal problems yet :grin:, that was my main fear. My experiment will last until the end of the month.

I just made a smoothie with strawberries, pineapples, orange juice, soy milk, wheat germ and an egg..it was delish!

sounds really good! :lick: but my primary apprehension comes from concerns about salmonella... :perplexed

PuffyBrown

I agree....just think egg nog. Egg Nog is made up of raw egg and is yummy...um um. Wow an ephiphany this came up right before winter festivites so instead of having that fattening egg nog we can have our healthy hair cocktails.

Well, I think you would definitely benefit from the protein from boiled eggs, per say, but maximum benefit from this cocktail is with raw eggs...I know you don't want to hear that, but TRUST US, you will not taste egg in any fashion with this drink. Make sure to blend all ingredients and throw in some fruit and you'll be in Hair Heaven...see below....

I am thinking of adding two eggs to my shake, really, or taking them twice daily, like morning and night....they are delish! :lick: And I am picky...

No, ma'am, you can not taste the egg...I think that is the best part of it all...I think I'll have one tonight!
Join me, anyone? Cheers!:spinning:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Howdy,

Its me again....
I went to get my raw wheat germ, wheatgerm oil, and I am also going to toss some flaxseed <<<<oooh, i'm jealous right here...good call. in there. I finished my research and validated the "raw egg" issue and found multiple validations stating that 1 out of 30,000 eggs contains salmon..bacteria./ also you can build up immunity to counter off any of the "bad" sal. bacteria by introducting a probiotic dietary supplement (which I am already taking). For the consumption of too much egg whites resulting in a deficiency of biotin, I would think biotin and/or biosil supplements would help rebuild it but I am no scientist. Also, the egg white taken along with the yolk also reduces the deficiency.thanks for the research, this is basically what i found as well.

I am going to use organic dehydrated egg yolks.great idea. i love your innovation. I found a couple of sites but nothing for sure yet. Whole Foods had a egg replacement product so I purchased that until I can find the egg powder. I am not going to do the raw egg deal but I have had these drinks during childhood and never became ill from it...

tonight I followed the recipe adding the flaxseed, cinnamon, vanilla extract and a pack of splenda. Drinky drink. Hoping to wake up with waist length hair in the morning. "Keep Hope Alive" I'm with ya all the way babe...Hope springs eternal.

ps..I am going to need some flavor to add that I can put in my shaker bottle without having too use a blender. Do you guys think if I added some of my vanilla flavored gensoy, or another flavored protein powder that it will be too much protien? i don't think so bcs one egg is only 6 grams...If so, what can I use for flavor without having to bust out that bigA blender?
don't scream, but i added sugar-free chocolate syrup to my mix...am i wrong? strawberry is really good, too :grin:

luckiestdestiny

Hey, I'm all for health diet changes. I've recently gone vegetarian...er pretty much. I occasionally eat fish and do eat by products from animals. My diet is pretty much 90 percent vegetable now, and I've cut out caffeine (no more cola for me). I decided to do this and I noticed a change without asking for one. What I mean is that I decided to do this to feel healthier, and then my friends were asking me what I was doing as I looked younger. This was in two 1/2 weeks. Now I'm still in my twenties, so I'm was shocked (slightly past mid), but I went to go get a lottery ticket and the guy asked if I was old enough to purchase it. I was walking by a window and I had to do a double take because the woman in the mirror staring back at me looked like a kid. So I know that eating heathier changes my face, it could most definitely change my hair. I also eat seaweed and noticed a difference in my hair. So anyways, after my long typing "speech", the point I'm trying to make is I did some research about health benefits of eggs and I'm sold. My only question is, you say that the book says whole milk, but you use soy vanilla (which is not a milk product). Could I use rice milk? I am allergic to soy ( I know most people say that's impossible but its not, so please don't ask if I'm sure). Or should it be pure milk or soy?

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Hey, I'm all for health diet changes. I've recently gone vegetarian...er pretty much. I occasionally eat fish and do eat by products from animals. My diet is pretty much 90 percent vegetable now, and I've cut out caffeine (no more cola for me)<<<<Now that's what I'm working on, why is it soo tough? I'd drop 30 lbs like that "snap" !. I decided to do this and I noticed a change without asking for one. What I mean is that I decided to do this to feel healthier, and then my friends were asking me what I was doing as I looked younger.Get Outtt! I believe you, how awesome This was in two 1/2 weeks!!!. Now I'm still in my twenties, so I'm was shocked (slightly past mid), but I went to go get a lottery ticket and the guy asked if I was old enough to purchase it. I was walking by a window and I had to do a double take because the woman in the mirror staring back at me looked like a kid dang! You know when I was drinking this I was getting carded, too! I promise you! I just remembered this...I was also on an Atkin-type eating regimen, limiting my carbs, not altogether, just somewhat. So I know that eating heathier changes my face, it could most definitely change my hair. I also eat seaweed and noticed a difference in my hair I hear it is good for so many things, even weight loss>>>heard of the seaweed soap?? I've head good things. So anyways, after my long typing "speech", the point I'm trying to make is I did some research about health benefits of eggs and I'm sold. My only question is, you say that the book says whole milk, but you use soy vanilla (which is not a milk product). Could I use rice milk? I am allergic to soy ( I know most people say that's impossible but its not, so please don't ask if I'm sure). Or should it be pure milk or soy?
well, this time around I decided to stick to the recipe and I'm using milk, but it's still only 2%...:ohwell: I noticed changes when I used soy so why don't you comp the two, rice and soy and look at the dietary similarities...I think I'll get whole milk this weekend...I keep thinking that there may be something to that particular recipe, so I'm playing around with different ideas, but not wanting to deviate tooo far from the OG, ya know? If I could only tolerate rice milk, I'd drink it. If you can deal with whole milk, then maybe give it a shot. Don't play around with your allergies, chica.

PuffyBrown

I completed more research today and found a website that I had long forgotten about.
They have a few used copies of The Natural Way to Super Beauty. I am not promoting this site and you should practice precaution as you would from any vendor via, yahoo, Amazon, eBay, etc. I have no affiliation and I am not selling anything on the site.

The link will take you to the search result. NOTE: A few are way OVERPRICED. Do not waste your money like that. Just keep checking back either they will reduce their price or someone else may get another copy.

http://www.alibris.com/booksearch?qwork=4593404&matches=26&author=ann+crenshaw+mary&cm_sp=works*listing*title

The books are from $1.99 to $12.95. Not anything over that is advisable that you purchase. One person has the book for $99.99. WTH? Shipping is 3.99 for standard. Shipping is about 10 days. (They obviously are in no hurry).

I have also researched a company that I am going to place an order for my organic egg yolk powder. The prices are reasonable as well as they have several other items that I am interested in. They are FDA registered and have been verified by GeoTrust and Authorize.net. Again. No affiliation with this vendor.

http://www.naturesflavors.com/product_info.php/products_id/4355