*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I found this book, "The Natural Way to Super Beauty," at a fleamarket, and was hooked. I had to get it, it sums me up in sooo many ways. It was all of 50 cents. As some of you may know, I am healed of alopecia and on the path to regain 7 times what the devil stole from me. Literally. Anyway, this book was written in the 70s and was way ahead of its time. The author gives information regarding natural remedies for skin, hair, weight, etc, - the benefits of sulfur, protein, ph balancing, you name it. She refers to a recipe for regrowing thick, lush hair. I have enclosed it below.

This recipe comes from the book, "How I Stopped Growing Bald and Started Growing Hair," I tried this drink for about two months 4 years ago. I happened upon an old photo and I thought, "Man my hair looked gorgeous! So long, lushfully thick, full and shiny! What was I doing then?" Then I remembered it was the time when I was drinking this shake daily. You know how sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees? Well, I think that sums up how I could not see how gorgeous my own hair was for always looking at someone else's. I'd get compliments daily and just roll my eyes, like, do you see these split endz? Lesson learned ~ to appreciate what God blessed you with...

Anyway, I thought I'd share it, because it is also helpful in those dealing with hairloss. That's what led me to find LHCF, so I give this back to you with love.

I pray that you guys find much benefit from it and it rejuvenates, replenishes and restores your follicles and blesses you from the top of your head to the very soles of your feet!

Hair Cocktail Ingredients:
3/4 glass of whole milk (I used SilkSoy Vanilla)
1 raw egg
1 tblspn raw wheat germ oil
2 tblspns raw wheat germ
for flavor, you may add a piece of fruit in season

blend at low speed for thirty to sixty seconds. drink this blended mixture promptly. this drink should serve as your complete breakfast. do not eat or drink anything else for two hours after drinking this mixture. keep all ingredients refrigerated until use. once you notice the changes in your hair you may cut down on the daily intake of the hair cocktail and take it only twice a week. ofcourse, since it is a healthful drink, you may prefer to continue taking it indefinitely.

Believe it or not, the drink was not so bad. Even the raw egg bit :sad:. It really just tasted like a protein shake. I felt energized after taking it and I think I buffed up and slimmed down. So there you have it. I will start this new regimen on Monday, October 5th.

Be Blessed, I am!
~*Br*nze*~

for more info...see post #2 & #4

to note hair progress, see the link.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=11007906#post11007906

Last edited:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

4/25/09

Hi All~
Per your requests, I have posted some pertinent information that will aid those suffering with hair loss, setbacks or just an intense desire to get maximum, thick, hair growth - quick.
It's the Alexander Salad and Menu for Growing Hair...

I have posted additional information for growing thick, waistlength hair ~
1) The Alexander Salad for Hair Growth
2) A Diet Plan for Growing Waistlength Hair

Blessings, Br*nze~

1)HOW TO MAKE THE ALEXANDER SALAD FOR HAIR GROWTH

INGREDIENTS

green parsley , baby carrots, green watercress, red cabbage, green romaine lettuce, green cucumbers, green onions including shoots, green zucchini, red sweet onions, green celery, greenish alfalfa sprouts, green or red pepper, beige Jerusalem artichokes, red tomatoes.

Seasonings
oregano, choice of oil made from sunflower seeds, safflower seeds, or soybeans, lemon concentrate powder, orange concentrate powder, enzyme seasoning, lemon juice, organic mineral powder, almond meal.

(The last two items are generally available only in health food shops but can be specially ordered in other food stores.)

Wash and clean all vegetables. Do not remove outside skin layers of any vegetables except the red onion and sweet corn. Remember that all vegetables used must be served in their raw state.(Alexander, 1969, 154).

Wash and clean all vegetables. Do no remove outside skin layers of any vegetables except the red onion and sweet corn. Remember that all vegetables used must be served in their raw state.

You will need an oversized wooden salad bowl and large wooden spoon and fork. Since this is a salad of layer upon layer of greens designed to distribute oils effectively and to mask the odors of the onions, p lease follow mixing and tossing directions very carefully.

Take one-third of a bunch of green parsley. Cut up into quarter-inch long segments. Place pieces in bowl. Do same with one-third bunch of green watercress. Toss parsley and watercress in bowl.
Take ten to twelve leaves of green romaine lettuce. Cut up in half-inch segments. Place in bowl and toss together with parsley and watercress.

Add the vegetable oil of your choice (safflower seed oil, soybean oil, sunflower seed oil) as your fist salad dressing. Add about three tablespoonfuls of whatever oil you use. Now add the first of your seasonings. You can start with organic multiple mineral food substances if you like. This is a compound of finely ground vegetables and is usually sold in a container like a pepper shaker or bottle. It can be sprinkled directly on to the salad. Add one-half of a teaspoon of this seasoning to the ingredients. Toss all the green in the bowl. Add one-half of a teaspoon of oregano. Toss all ingredients. You'll note at this point how well the oregano and mineral food substances cling to the oiled greens.

Dice one-third of a bunch of green onions (scallions). Add to salad. Dice one-third of red onion. Add to salad. Toss all ingredients. Now add one or two teaspoonfuls of lemon concentrate powder. Sprinkle on greens. Follow this by overlaying the lemon concentrate with the same quantity of orange concentrate powder. (These last two are optional, but I believe they add zest to the salad.) Toss ingredients again. Add a generous handful of alfalfa sprouts. Squeeze one half of a fresh lemon onto salad. Toss ingredients. Add a tablespoonful of almond meal and toss.
Cut half a dozen Jerusalem artichokes in to bite size wedges. Add to salad. Cut either a dozen baby carrots or three large ones into thin slices. Baby carrots are far superior in flavor.) Add to salad and toss ingredients. Slice thinly a medium-size wedge of red cabbage as if preparing for Cole slaw. Add to salad.
Take one zucchini and one cucumber and cut up into quarter-inch ingredients. Now sprinkle enzyme powder freely on salad. Overlay this with another sprinkling of oregano and any or all of the other three powdered seasonings. Toss all ingredients again. Add one tablespoon of almond meal and toss again.
Chop into bite size segments five to six stalks of green celery. Use the green parts of the celery, not the white, which are referred to as "hearts of celery". Add to salad. Now dice one-half of either a green or a red pepper. Add to salad. Slice off the kernels of one or two ears of raw sweet corn. Add to salad and toss ingredients. Add one or two red ripe tomatoes. Cut into wedges and then slice wedges into quarters. Add to salad (Be sure to add tomatoes last as they bruise easily and cannot take too much tossing.) Add juice of remaining half of lemon to salad. Toss ingredients, but lightly this time.
You now have a really superb vegetable salad, one that is properly prepared. You can, if you wish, replace the various oils and seasonings mentioned above with a French dressing rich in herbs. If you do , add a little of this dressing at a time as you prepare the salad-let us say after adding every third, forth, or fifth vegetable to the bowl. Follow this by tossing ingredients evenly in bowl. In any case, avoid adding any salad dressing at the end of your preparations. You do not want the dressing to be concentrated on just a tiny portion of the salad. Otherwise, you will find it very flat to the taste.
At this pint, you may eat the Alexander salad as is or enrich it father with diced cheddar cheese, a can of tuna, or a pound of fresh shrimp, lobster, or crab meat. You may if you wish, add slices of leftover chicken. If you use the aforementioned seafood, add a tablespoon of mayonnaise and toss all the ingredients one final time.

2) SEVEN DAYS OF MENUS FOR THOSE WITH THINNING HAIR

Monday

Breakfast
Alexander Hair Cocktail

Lunch
½ canteloupe
1-c cottage cheese

Dinner
Alexander Salad (large portion)
Steak (lean, 4oz)
Milk 8oz glass
*optional (10-11pm)
Wheat germ oil mixture

Tuesday

Breakfast
Alexander Hair Cocktail

Lunch
Alexander Salad (small portion
Broiled lean hamburger on wheat roll
Milk (8oz glass)

Dinner
Salmon steak, broiled (3oz.)
Strawberries and cream (or other berries in season)
Milk (10oz glass)
*optional (10-11 pm)
Wheat germ oil mixture

Wednesday

Breakfast
Alexander Hair Cocktail

Lunch
Bowl of tomato and rice soup
Rye crackers and butter
Sliced orange (large)
Milk (8oz glass)

Dinner
Roast chicken (4oz)
Ripe banana-sunflower seeds milk shake (use 8oz. milk, 1 banana, and two tablespoonsful of sunflower seeds in blender)
*optional (10-11 pm)
Wheat germ oil mixture

Thursday

Breakfast
Alexander Hair Cocktail

Lunch
Tuna fish sandwich (use whole-grain bread)
Grapefruit sections, fresh (1/2 grapefruit)
Milk (10oz glass)

Dinner
Choice of soup
Whole-grain crackers
Butter (1 pat)
Choice of broiled fish or meat (3oz)
Alexander Salad (medium portion)
Milk or milk shake (no ice cream-use yogurt, choice of fruit and sunflower seeds, plus almond meal)
*optional (10 -11pm)
Wheat germ oil mixture

Friday

Breakfast
Alexander Hair Cocktail

Lunch
Cole salw
Choice of Fruit
Milk shake (use plain yogurt, orange juice and sunflower seeds in blender)

Dinner
Large steak, broiled (4 oz)
Choice of soup
Choice of fruit
Milk (10 oz glass)

Optional (10-11 PM)
Wheat germ oil mixture

Saturday

Breakfast
Alexander Hair Cocktail

Lunch
Hotdogs and beans
Pineapple wedges
Plain yogurt and sliced banana
Milk (10oz glass)

Dinner
Broiled liver with onions (6oz)
Melon in season
Milk (10 oz glass)
*optional (10-11pm)
Wheat germ oil mixture

Sunday

Breakfast
Alexander Hair Cocktail

Lunch
Cole slaw
Choice of fruit
Milk shake (use plain yogurt, orange juice, and sunflower seeds in blender.

Dinner
Large steak, broiled (4oz)
Choice of soup
Choice of fruit
Milk (10oz glass)
*optional (10-11pm)
Wheat germ oil mixture

Last edited:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Updated 4/28/09

How Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll Recovered from Alopecia

First, my recovery included prayer and faith confessions. I believed God for my healing and found scripture that related to healing and I confess those daily...I put pictures of ladies with hair that I would like to emulate and put them on mirrors and walls around me. I visualized, through faith, my hair recovering and looking like theirs.

Secondly, I stopped relaxing. I am transitioning (i have about 2 inches of relaxed hair left).
I found my hair coming out by droves with every relaxer. The final straw was in January, 08', when, after a fresh relaxer, my hair was see-through at the scalp!!! I could see my scalp from all directions! For me, this was un-real, for I'd always had massively thick and long hair.
I cried and my DH had to help me through this painful time. How could this be happening to ME? I was known for my hair...
I figured either I could have straight thin, see-through hair, or thick natural hair.....I decided to go with thick natural hair. It was quite an undertaking for me and I have gone (and go) many days with ponytails (and bad hair days), but in the end, my hair is looking so much better and I know it will continue to transform.
I am growing out my thin hair from the root, so it's a project in patience.

Thirdly, I started the Waistlength Hair Cocktail daily.

Fourth, I visited the Derm and received cortisone injections (I never did this consistently so I'm not sure of its benefits)

Fifth, I use Ayurvedic powders and oils - I use cassia twice a month and i mix in brahmi, amla, maka powders along with coconut oil - I put this in conditioner and dc for 6+ hours or overnight...I use amla oil, vatika oil as staples.

Sixth, when I started my transition I also purchased the Caramel Treatment and then I made my own. This helped me big time...I gave this up for the benefits of cassia/henna..I will revisit...

Seventh, I will not accept anything less than my perfect head of hair and I am determined to get it. As my siggy says, I'm the Child of The Most High God, El Elyon, and I ALWAYS win. And I will win this challenge, too. I have decided to share my knowledge to help others attain healthy heads of hair, as well. I think this is why my recovery has been so quick, because I've tried to be transparent and help as many people as I can.

And that is basically it. I also take L-Cysteine (2000 mg).

I've been on this journey with transitioning 16 months and I've been on my Waistlength Cocktail for seven... I encourage others facing a similar challenge to find others who've faced what you are facing and follow their regimen, tweak it as necessary. That's what I did. I had some wonderful sisters here that encouraged me and shared their knowledge with me and I pray God's Blessings on each and everyone of them. Last, but not, least, look for the silver lining in the clouds. There is a Canaan on the other side of your Egypt. Identify it. Embrace it. And watch your hardship turn into a harvest of blessings.

Last edited:

Sarahh.

Well eating enough protein is important for hair growth, so I can see why that shake would work.
I don't know if I'm game enough though, so I might just try to get more protein in other ways!

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Well eating enough protein is important for hair growth, so I can see why that shake would work.
I don't know if I'm game enough though, so I might just try to get more protein in other ways!

true that. i've also consumed protein shakes in a major way...i just thought it was very appealing that this guy used this to stop his hair from balding...i hadn't heard that in reference to protein shakes, so i thought, maybe there could be something to this.

bklynLadee

wow that book seems interesting...I might try that shake out. What does the book recommend for weightloss?

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

wow that book seems interesting...I might try that shake out. What does the book recommend for weightloss?

it really is...atkins...this was,what, 30 years before it really took off! some of the info we've learned - like, been there, done that, but then some of it is kinda brand new, gives you a new perspective...

Irresistible

A long time ago raw eggs were cool , today we know about salmonella poisoning. The eggs are primarily for protein, you could eat them other ways or get extra protein other ways. The wheat Germ is high in B complex Vitamins, thats what its known most for. you could take a good B complex supplement as well

Be careful mama , dont want you sick for trying something that could harm you

funny you said 7 times, you know I lost half my hair when I was sick, and I swear it grew back SO fast and thicker than ever, I believe it was God and I never even thought about the 7 times thing :woot: God is good!

I hear on learning appreciation, he has a way of opening the hearts and eyes of his children :yep:

anyway, be careful with this , with the raw eggs and all :sneakyhug:

Irresistible

btw I started an egg and l-cysteine challenge , that includes all the supps with it. you should try that, check it out when you can

ladylibra

i used to drink a peanut butter protein shake that had raw egg in it... and loved it. couldn't even taste the egg. never did it consistently enough to see how it affected my hair, but it was a good and filling breakfast for sure :yep:

Neith

I drank a raw egg as a kid once (trying to be like Rocky :lol:)

Not something I ever want to experience again :barf:

I wouldn't eat raw eggs out of concern for my health these days...

If you are worried about salmonella from the eggs, another alternative could egg whites from www.eggwhitesint.com The eggs are pasteurized and high in protein.

You can use this to cook or mix in a drink. It's great to use when trying to loose weight or maintain weight.

ImFree27

I usually drink protein shakes everyday. But I don't do dairy so my drink will be: Almond milk, whey protein, cahsew butter, wheat germ, wheat germ oil and prob some flax seed. The wheat germ and wheat germ oil are the only things I don't add in my shake, so I will add it this time..

AtlantaJJ

Vitamin A - Antioxidant that helps produce healthy sebum in the scalp. Food sources: Fish liver oil, meat, milk, cheese, eggs, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, apricots and peaches. Daily Dose: 5,000 IU. Warnings: More than 25,000 IU daily is toxic and can cause hair loss and other serious health problems.

Vitamin C - Antioxidant that helps maintain skin & hair health. Food sources: Citrus fruits, strawberries, kiwi, cantaloupe, pineapple, tomatoes, green peppers, potatoes and dark green vegetables. Daily Dose: 60 mg.

Vitamin E - Antioxidant that enhances scalp circulation. Food sources: Cold-pressed vegetable oils, wheat germ oil, soybeans, raw seeds and nuts, dried beans, and leafy green vegetables. Daily dose: Up to 400 IU. Warnings: Can raise blood pressure and reduce blood clotting. People taking high blood pressure medication or anticoagulants should check with their doctors before taking Vitamin E supplements.

Biotin - Helps produce keratin, may prevent graying and hair loss. Food sources: Brewer's yeast, whole grains, egg yolks, liver, rice and milk. Daily dose: 150-300 mcg.
Inositol - Keeps hair follicles healthy at the cellular level. Food sources: Whole grains, brewer's yeast, liver and citrus fruits. Daily Dose: Up to 600 mg.

Niacin (Vitamin B3) - Promotes scalp circulation. Food sources: Brewer's yeast, wheat germ, fish, chicken, turkey and meat. Daily dose: 15 mg. Warnings: Taking more than 25 mg a day can result in "niacin flush" - a temporary heat sensation due to blood cell dialiation.

Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) - Prevents graying and hair loss. Food sources: Whole grain cereals, brewer's yeast, organ meats and egg yolks. Daily dose: 4-7 mg.

Vitamin B6 - Prevents hair loss, helps create melanin, which gives hair its color. Food sources: Brewer's yeast, liver, whole grain cereals, vegetables, organ meats and egg yolk. Daily dose: 1.6 mg. Warnings: High doses can cause numbness in hands and feet.

Vitamin B12 - Prevents hair loss. Food sources: Chicken, fish, eggs and milk. Daily dose: 2 mg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My take away is that brewers yeast is a good nutrient for hair growth as well as wheat germ!

MyAngelEyez~C~U

My hair grew about two and a half inches from May to August, and I was drinnking a whey protien shake every morning for breakfast for weightloss (I used to graze all morning on junk before I started the shakes, and they really made me stop and kept me full). I just started back on the shakes (realized the link between them and my hair growth). Maybe I'll try dumping an egg in a couple of times a week, but for those of you with an adversion to raw egg, try whey protien. you can get a huge container of it at Walmart for $14. Just 2 scoops whey for 8 oz. of water skim milk, or juice.

MJ

I like it but I would skip the raw egg. A protein in raw egg whites binds with biotin and prevents your body from using it. So for some people it could negatively affect their hair health.

manegoal

Last month I saw a girl on youtube saying her hair grew like crazy when she ate protein bars every day and that she was going back to protein but this time shakes. I can't remember her name though. Her hair was beautiful too.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Last month I saw a girl on youtube saying her hair grew like crazy when she ate protein bars every day and that she was going back to protein but this time shakes. I can't remember her name though. Her hair was beautiful too.

My sixteen year old's hair grew in seven months from chin length to just below her shoulders (and the kid's long necked like me), and I think it was because her hairdresser had her eating protein bars on the regular.

Last edited:

Duchesse

Thanks for this! I don't think I can do raw eggs, but it's a reminder for me to pick up some more wheat germ and stop slacking on my protein shakes in the morn, and to eat at least 2 eggs a day. If you like it I love it!

spacetygrss

No ma'am. No raw eggs for me. I'm all over the protein shakes, wheat germ and brewers yeast though and I regularly EAT eggs.:yep:

PuffyBrown

Yes IB. I was thinking the same thing. Back in the day, my ma made a similar drink for me and my sisters. My oldest sister and I had the longest, thickest hair. I tried again at 18 and my hair was really curly and grew so very fast. I wouldn't do today because food is not manufactured like it was in the day.

Maybe I could try it again with powdered eggs. That could be a really good alternative to raw eggs.

A long time ago raw eggs were cool , today we know about salmonella poisoning. The eggs are primarily for protein, you could eat them other ways or get extra protein other ways. The wheat Germ is high in B complex Vitamins, thats what its known most for. you could take a good B complex supplement as well

Be careful mama , dont want you sick for trying something that could harm you

funny you said 7 times, you know I lost half my hair when I was sick, and I swear it grew back SO fast and thicker than ever, I believe it was God and I never even thought about the 7 times thing :woot: God is good!

I hear on learning appreciation, he has a way of opening the hearts and eyes of his children :yep:

anyway, be careful with this , with the raw eggs and all :sneakyhug:

girlcherokee

thru the years, whenever my hair went south and i wanted to save it, i would swallow 1 raw egg per day, there is a tecnique to it, it is gross but more in idea because you really dont taste a thing the way that i do it. it worked everytime, not only in skyrocketing my growth but in making my hair shiney and healthy looking. if you eat ceasar salad, which i do, then you eat raw egg. sooooo, life is a chance and they have found salmonella in stuff lately where it should not be. that is why i pray before i ingest anything. anything.... raw or cooked. cuz it's God that keeps you safe.
now back to the egg.. it works, i do it 8 out of 10 days and the turn around my hair has experienced over the last 2 months, now that i know what ELSE to do is unprecendented. a friend commented the other day that my hair is looking really good these days. not recommending that anyone try it(if you are afraid to chance it), but if you do, you will have beautiful hair. and the powdered egg suggestion is a good one too, me thinks for those that dont want to chance it. i buy organic, eggs that are the freshest i can find.

girlcherokee

I like it but I would skip the raw egg. A protein in raw egg whites binds with biotin and prevents your body from using it. So for some people it could negatively affect their hair health.

doesnt this just mean that these two things should be done at different times of the day? it's never hurt my hair at all. much to the contrary in fact. oh and i should say that i do a high protien shake as well, but that is made of yogurt, no egg although, sometimes i swallow it right before drinking it. i sprinkle wheatgerm on our food and cook with it as well. i'll have to consider adding it to my shake now.

*Happily Me*

Way to go OP and thanks for sharing :). Eat organic eggs and you'll be fine :)

Scientists estimate that, on average across the U.S., only 1 of every 20,000 eggs might contain the bacteria. So, the likelihood that an egg might contain Se is extremely small – 0.005% (five one-thousandths of one percent). At this rate, if you’re an average consumer, you might encounter a contaminated egg once every 84 years.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A note about raw eggs: many people in North America have been conditioned to believe that eating raw eggs is dangerous because of the potential of being infected with salmonella. According to a recent study by the United States Department of Agriculture, only one in every 30,000 eggs is contaminated with salmonella. Although there are no statistics that tell us what the percentage is for organic eggs, you can believe that it is far lower. [/FONT]

CurlyMoo

I'm crazy enough to try this. :spinning:
Thank you OP, what year was that book published. Sounds like something I need in my library. :yep:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Um, I'm freaked out about raw eggs, but the other parts of the shake sounds awesome. Where do you get wheat germ oil from?

gymfreak336

I personally wouldn't do the raw eggs. They bind your bodies biotin. I drink chocolate whey protein on a regular basis instead.