DRY HAIR - Please Help!

crazytrish75

Nonie turned me into a believer too. When I first joined this site, I was like "What?!? Jerry curl juice? I don't want to drip everywhere" But then I also discovered the miracle of stretching my relaxers. It was the first bandwagon I jumped on and it immediately started to turn my HAM hair around. However, I also quickly discovered that while stretching was great, I had to beef up my regimen after about 8 weeks and add moisture,moisture, moisture! Enter Scurl. I LOVE it on long-term stretched new growth. Moisturizing, yet not greasy. It makes handling the NG with minimal breakage a snap! I seal with my whipped shea butter mix (raw shea butter, coconut oil, vitamin E oil, a dash of castor oil and fragrance):lick: I can easily stretch to 16 weeks this way.

I knew I could trust anyone who was a Harry Potter fan :grin:, especially a Severus Snape lover :love:

Monaleezza

@Monaleezza, I only use S Curl when wearing my hair loose. I haven't worn it loose in the winter. I live in twists or braids and have only worn my hair loose in the summer. Somewhere in this thread, someone shares a suggestion of using it with something else in the winter.

If you're a place where there's moisture (like living by water or in a place where it rains a lot) or have a humidifier and not just dry heat in your home, I don't think winter will make a difference. Because S Curl has glycerin (a humectant) there needs to be moisture in the air around your hair since humectants draw water into themselves. If you're in a dry place like AZ, the humectant will draw water from your hair and leave it dry. And in the winter, with people heating up their homes all the time, the air can get dry which may be why S Curl ends up making their hair feel dry. I've never tried it so I dunno, but it would make sense if that's the case.

I love learning. What an education! Thank you.

sheanu

:giggle:

Give me time, Girls, give me time! I was just getting warmed up.... :p

Truth is, I'm waiting for OP to answer my questions coz methinks that's the main place where she screws up. Once we get that part fixed, I'ma get on the pulpit and this is what will ensue:

[*]I will start a charismatic preaching of the gospel of S Curl, punctuated with the condemnation all products that are not it, damning them to hell.

[*]To drive the message home, I will be presenting props of before/after pics of my mom's hair as an demonstration of the glory that can be found in the blessed juice.

[*]In conclusion of my sermon, I will beseech ye all to take a moment of silence as we behold the sacred bottle of this wonder we call S Curl. :yep:

So now you have the agenda for today's lesson; come one, come all and prepare to be blessed.

Please note that service will begin as soon as I am aware of OP's return to answer my questions. Until then, tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT will lead you all in song...

Peace be with you all, my children.

LOL thanks for recommending this page to me Nonie. It's already a good read and I'm still in the second page!