Dry Hair Steaming

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I typically steam post-wash after properly cleansing my hair. However, there are times when I need hydration but a complete regi is not on the to-do list for that day. Well, I don't do this on completely dry hair but dry hair is my start point.

How To:
I spritz my hair with something hydrating (water, Oyin Juices & Berries, etc) then top it off with Aubrey Organics White Camellia. I sit under the steamer for 30 minutes. After allowing my hair to cool, I seal with avocado oil and let my hair air dry.

End Result: hydrated hair.

Attachments

• 537191_368427669958084_1743735027_n.jpg
    537191_368427669958084_1743735027_n.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 555805_367974163336768_1822635873_n.jpg
    555805_367974163336768_1822635873_n.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 68

cynd

Thanks for this divachyk. I always steam on dry hair and have been tempted several times to not rinse/wash the conditioner out because I loved the way it felt, but I've always been afraid. Maybe I'll try it next time.

Ms. Tiki

Girllll, I hop under the steamer without spraying anything first most of the time. That's what I have planned for tomorrow. I'm making a vid. So, I'm steaming first instead of using a spray to wet my hair before I style it. I also add essential oils to my water.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I also like to add my conditioner or just an oil to dry hair and then steam for 30-45 minutes.

faithVA

It sounds like a really good idea. I may try this when my hair gets longer. I have a steamer that I just never use.

Rozlewis

divachyk, thanks for sharing. I have never steamed on dry hair but I will try this when I need a quick pick me up or when I don't have a lot of time. Great tip.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Girllll, I hop under the steamer without spraying anything first most of the time. That's what I have planned for tomorrow. I'm making a vid. So, I'm steaming first instead of using a spray to wet my hair before I style it. I also add essential oils to my water.
I have as well Ms. Tiki but hydration is better when I spritz first.

Ms. Tiki

I'm sure you do. I was saying I just run under randomly. I will steam dry hair on days I'm not washing just for some extra hydration.